Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It was a tossup between CB and WR. I really like Roman Wilson and think he was underutilized at Michigan due to their offense, and the his top traits (fluidity, seems to get open with agility versus speed) tend to succeed in the NFL. I think he'll make a great addition to that Jag's offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

If Worthy falls to 64 just take him too, no butt stuff

I am doing what Brett Veach can’t.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
for a second I thought Worthy had disclosed to the press that he does not, in fact, participate in butt stuff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was a tossup between CB and WR. I really like Roman Wilson and think he was underutilized at Michigan due to their offense, and the his top traits (fluidity, seems to get open with agility versus speed) tend to succeed in the NFL. I think he'll make a great addition to that Jag's offense.

GREAT job

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
My next pick is gonna be a reach but it may not look that way by the end of the year.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Amy Pole Her posted:

A good pick, Trevor needs weapons

Play
Apr 25, 2006

A Sneaker Broker posted:

My next pick is gonna be a reach but it may not look that way by the end of the year.

Reaches are more fun, I think, because you're really planting your flag on that guy becoming a success more than expected.

As opposed to following big board/mock draft groupthink. Which is fine, but it's cool to put yourself out there imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

especially in a draft where you can't trade down, sometimes you just gotta reach if there's a guy you like more

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone brought up the guy i wanted in another thread and now it's going to seem like i copied. but more importantly it means i didn't think up an original guy that no one else could, and someone is going to draft him soon, and that's troublesome. unless he's a clear bust and it's just me and that 1 other person who like him. then i'm hosed!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
oh it’s my turn again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

love that one

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Cavauro posted:

love that one

he was made team captain. the bengals loving love players like that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
poo poo, I was hoping Nubin would last until 63.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Seems like the fattest linemen have already been picked, so I went the opposite route and went with the tiny guy. Still looking at CBs but I feel like the couple on my mind will probably be there at 53 if I go that route and not my mystery comedy option.

Apparently I like Texas this year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

great last two picks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Will pick shortly, once I'm back at a computer

a patagonian cavy posted:

he was made team captain. the bengals loving love players like that.

I hate players like that. Nobody ever made ME a team captain :colbert:

e: Really wanted to go edge or DT here for the Rams, that being their consensus biggest positions of need. But I just couldn't find the value. This DT class sucks rear end after the first couple guys, maybe I should've gone Byron Young in the first but so be it. The edge rusher class is also really, really underwhelming so I think looking for a project a bit later on makes the most sense. Legette is one of 'my guys' in this draft, I think he's got all the potential in the world even though he's far from a finished product. Set THE fastest running speed in all of college football this past season when he took a slant to the house against Mississippi State and made the entire defense look like they were trudging through a swamp. Strong hands at the catch point despite a few concentration drops. Pretty simple route tree, and needs to work on his breaks where he tends to round things out sometimes and runs lazy routes.

But, I think the Rams need another true outside receiver with Kupp getting pretty old and frequently injured, and the other options being Tutu Atwell and Demarcus Robinson, both entering contract years. And I think this guy will end up being a steal and will play in the league for a long time assuming he can stay healthy.

Play fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 10, 2024

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Play posted:

I hate players like that. Nobody ever made ME a team captain :colbert:

really? that’s surprising.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm tired and didn't want to put any effort into looking at DBs.

Wooo Trotsky! :toot:

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm tired and didn't want to put any effort into looking at DBs.

Wooo Trotsky! :toot:

I'm afraid I already got Trotter

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sad King Billy posted:

I'm afraid I already got Trotter

God dammit. I thought he was far enough down on boards that I didn't even need to bother to check.

Eeny meeny miny... this guy!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 11, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry, didn't notice that guy was picked. i would have waited a few so that it wouldn't be awkward

edit i mean the lb from before. not that the other guy was also picked. he wasn't. i just could have been polite if i noticed there was something to fix real quick but i didn't notice. that's what i meant. i hope i don't have nightmares about my discourtesy tonight. i'm afraid it's going to happen because i'm getting rather sleepy. good luck to the remaining pickers in the second round, and especially great luck to all the pickers in the third round. the third round is the best round there is. if you disagree you're going to hell

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 11, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a patagonian cavy posted:

really? that’s surprising.

ruuuuuuuude

Quiet Feet posted:

God dammit. I thought he was far enough down on boards that I didn't even need to bother to check.

i like him, he's sticky. not literally. well maybe he is, ive never met him

Play fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 11, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fiske was a guy I was looking at for my next pick so therefore it was a good pick

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm using a mock draft simulator to track the draft and also give me a decent grip on some of the prospects I don't have much of an idea on and he's not even the one I had to scroll the farthest for

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 11, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Fiske! Phenomenal pick.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I just realized there is a corner from Rutgers in the top 75 or so. There will be many negatives to Belichick leaving but on the other hand this won’t be our first round pick

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

We're ten picks from round three.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

We're ten picks from round three.

:yeshaha:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Everybody's taking all the DBs I want :mad:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

We're really cruising, guess I'll have to get the Round 3 order ready pretty soon

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shweet picks

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m gonna be on a plane later today but if it gets to me I should be ready fairly quickly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

is that a hip drop flag now

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

is that a hip drop flag now

No. That is in fact the complete opposite of a hip drop tackle.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bah gawd that’s a suplex!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ShakeZula posted:

We're really cruising, guess I'll have to get the Round 3 order ready pretty soon

Gimme gimmme!!!!!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I had a really hard time with my last pick before landing on Polk. A lot of the targets I was looking at went in the previous 10 picks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was looking at IOL but i misjudged the perceived value of one of them who went late in the first round and then the other one went a few picks before me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

and that's why we make so mnuch money

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

wandler20 posted:

I had a really hard time with my last pick before landing on Polk. A lot of the targets I was looking at went in the previous 10 picks.

He’s a reliable sort. Good man. Good dawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

shweet picks

I really appreciate your positivity, but also I would like to know if the best player is STILL on the board

By the way, nice pick!