Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

mls
Jun 6, 2006
You wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hmn, had my first mid-mission CTD. Gotta say, that's the sort of thing that won't happen too many times before I just go play Apex.

Crying tantrum disorder. ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

Fire resist + grenade armor please, Arrowhead

I want them to at least mix up the armor passives we have already, but now that burn damage is so huge and flamer hulks are basically instant kills unless you're already in the diving animation I would absolutely love various fire resist armors.

Let me helldive looking like an armored firefighter, come on, do it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Arglebargle III posted:

I love the flavor text that the bugs are just sentient enough to hate voting.

termanids know that electoralism is a busy box to keep the proletariat from meaningful organizing and direct action

TheMaskedReader
Aug 14, 2022

Owlbear Camus posted:

termanids know that electoralism is a busy box to keep the proletariat from meaningful organizing and direct action
The Terminids are Anarchists while the Automatons are Marxists.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Arachno-communists, surely.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

TheMaskedReader posted:

The Terminids are Anarchists while the Automatons are Marxists.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

is the super earth halloween dialogue new because lol

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Part of the plot or glitch, my map got blasted with static when I loaded it on the ship

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i finally decided to try the civilian evacuation cheese and wound up beating the mission for the first time above level 5 on 7 and then later on 8 with basically no issues. incredible design work there

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I am excited to explode things

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

turn off the TV posted:

i finally decided to try the civilian evacuation cheese and wound up beating the mission for the first time above level 5 on 7 and then later on 8 with basically no issues. incredible design work there

the trick with level 7+ i reckon is it acts as a filter a) because it requires you to do a set of missions of each prior difficulty (iirc) so you should have some competency by then, but also b) scares people off because its one of the marked difficulty jumps so you dont have people overconfidently jumping in when they dont know how to really play yet.

i have far smoother quickplay runs on 7 than 6 just because the pool of players is a bit more skilled which more than makes up for the difficulty jump itself

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I find 7 to be a crapshoot because you get people who drop way in over their heads just trying to get super samples

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
7s are where you go to get set on fire by teammates with the incendiary breaker

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I run primarily 7s because they're kinda comfy compared to 9 but I'm thinking of switching to 8 just so I don't get as many rank ~10 people joining who refuse to move away from a fight and end up spending 10+ reinforcements fighting over a POI, already destroyed base, or already completed objective as a duo of players.

But then 8s have a lot more double negative modifiers that tend to stack stratagem debuffs.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
not wanting mroe stratagem debuffs is the only reason i havent bothered going up to 8s lol

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Defense missions have no debuffs since it’s your turf :eng101:

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

FunkyFjord posted:

Yeah I run primarily 7s because they're kinda comfy compared to 9 but I'm thinking of switching to 8 just so I don't get as many rank ~10 people joining who refuse to move away from a fight and end up spending 10+ reinforcements fighting over a POI, already destroyed base, or already completed objective as a duo of players.

But then 8s have a lot more double negative modifiers that tend to stack stratagem debuffs.

At 8 you get a bunch of level 25 people doing the same thing. Probably more chance of getting a competent team though, and it's great when you do.

As for the modifiers, since they reduced the effects by half, they're really not that bad. On bots, the call in and cooldown time ones just become the baseline (because you're always going to avoid the -1 stratagems one, they really need to remove it). On bugs, the map spores and orbital scatter ones barely change anything.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I have killed myself and teammates so many time with airbursts because of orbital scatter. Usually only once though, the first time I use it in a match.

Does orbital scatter double the radius of 380s? Because it should.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Map spores is actually a buff because making bug nests invisible stops your team from losing all the samples trying to solo them after the primary objective is complete.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dren posted:

yeah if I am risking killing myself then the fully charged shot ought to blow a hole straight through a charger with an impact crater behind like it’s a marvel movie

Yeah Unsafe should mean it's unsafe for everyone not just yourself, like make it pierce literally anything when full charged(like sure plenty of other weapons and Stratagems can vastly outdamage it but I think giving it the niche of being able to completely ignore armor or even terrain is a solid one), and if you do overcharge and blow it up that shot becomes a one hit kill because exploding yourself to vaporize a horde of Hulks would be incredibly kickass and democratic

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'd like to see the railgun both buffed but also balanced towards destroyers, hive guards, bile spewers etc; we've already got enough support weapons aimed at heavy enemies.

Yeah it would be nice to have something that would be a solid consistent anti Berserker option as there still really isn't anything that works consistently well in that area

Sagebrush posted:

It's extra dumb because there is already another Extract Civilians mission, the full sized one where you have to collect the SSSD first and then get the civilians out from the air base with two doors, and that one is perfectly fine and balanced. There's no need to have another worse version of the same thing.

Also the termicide operations were pretty good and it's too bad that they were just a one-off. Idk maybe when the bugs get huge from all the steroids we're feeding them we'll have to gas them again. Here's to hoping

Agreed that version of the civilian extraction mission is actually pretty fun, though the defend version is much more tolerable on bugs compared to bots as the enemy spawn rates are way more reasonable

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah it would be nice to have something that would be a solid consistent anti Berserker option as there still really isn't anything that works consistently well in that area

Punisher and Breaker

those suck against any bots with guns of their own but that's why you brought an Autocannon

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hwurmp posted:

Punisher and Breaker

those suck against any bots with guns of their own but that's why you brought an Autocannon

Berserkers seem to fall apart to machine pistol bursts, they've never seemed that hard?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Happy Explosion Day, gorgeous

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

raverrn posted:

Arachno-communists, surely.

:hmmyes:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Hwurmp posted:

Punisher and Breaker

I meant in terms of support weapons(and honestly from my recollection of using those in the past those shotguns while better at dealing with Berserkers than most other primaries still don't really deal with them with the consistency I want*)

*much like how I've noted before even things like Impact Grenades are surprisingly inconsistent at killing them, honestly the true answer is that the developers really should just nerf their health by like a third(like honestly I would not mind at all if they were made a lot faster or something in exchange for the health drop because as they currently exist they're just tedious to fight rather than an actual threat)

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Played my first mission on Helldive last night with some randoms. It was going ok until the squad wipes and I ended up reinforced outside of the map, try running back to the AO but get branded a traitor. Shells rain down on me, but I'm now close enough to the map that it hits all three other helldivers as I am desperately now trying to run back off the map.

The bombs seemingly cannot hit me and the team is calling to be reinforced, but I'm too far off the map to reinforce them. I run back towards the map hoping to be able to reinforce and get killed by bots. Eventually I manage to call in my team but the bombs still can't hit me so I just charged at the nearest wave of bots. hoping to take some with me but it still takes some time for me to actually die and I think I manage to take a few more helldivers down with me.

The mission was not successful.

10/10 would helldive again.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

slav squat victory pose, hell yeah with other squat poses mixed in there boo

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Hwurmp posted:

There's tier 4 ship modules now too and some of them seem really useful, like giving the two HE barrages a smaller bombardment radius.

edit: The one that gives your support weapons a full reload with a single supply pickup is probably the most useful I'd reckon

Exodee fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 11, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's a new tier of ship modules as well:

Superior Packing Methodology(Patriotic Admin Center, 20000 Requisition, 150 Common Samples, 150 Rare Samples, 15 Super Uranium): Resupply Boxes fill Support Weapons with the maximum number of carriable magazines. Affects all support weapons except Quasar Cannon and EAT.

Atmospheric Monitoring(Orbital Cannons, 25000 Req, 200 Common, 150 Rare, 15 Super): Orbital HE barrage spread reduced by 15%. Affects 120mm and 380mm Orbital Barrages, but not Walking Barrage apparently.

XXL Weapons Bay(Hangar, 25000/150/150/15): Eagle stratagems that drop multiple bombs will drop 1 additional bomb. Affects Eagle Airstrike, Smoke Strike, Cluster Bomb, and Napalm Strike.

Enhanced Combustion(Bridge, 25000/200/150/15): Fire damage from stratagems increased by 25%(!!!!). Affects Flamethrower, Eagle Napalm Strike, and Incendiary Mines.

Circuit Expansion(Engineering Bay, 20000/200/150/20): Lightning arcs will jump to one additional enemy. Affects Arc Thrower and Tesla Tower. "enemy" lmao

Blast Absorption(Robotics Workshop, 25000/150/150/20): Sentries take 50% less damage from explosions. Affects Tesla Tower and all Sentry stratagems.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 11, 2024

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

goddamnit I have to give a poo poo about collecting things again

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Exodee posted:

edit: The one that gives your support weapons a full reload with a single supply pickup is probably the most useful I'd reckon
MG eating incredibly good with this. also AMR, tbh, if you want to use it more extensively.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Eradicator one-shots devastators, bersekers, and striders. But it's also probably the worst-feeling gun in the game re: handling/aim speed, shots per second, and projectile travel time.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
At first glance the Adjudicator seems like a big upgrade over the Liberator Penetrator. It has 5 less rounds per mag and a good amount of recoil (though it's still quite manageable) but does almost twice as much damage per hit with a comparable firerate.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Ragtime All The Time posted:

i was disappointed when i found out the spear wasn't an actual, you know, spear :hist101:

Oh man that would fit perfectly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunge_mine

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
eruptor is hilarious, its a bolt action explosive rifle that seems to bounce right off armor right back at you and explode, launching you ragdolled at your enemy

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hwurmp posted:

There's a new tier of ship modules as well:

Superior Packing Methodology(Patriotic Admin Center, 20000 Requisition, 150 Common Samples, 150 Rare Samples, 15 Super Uranium): Resupply Boxes fill Support Weapons with the maximum number of carriable magazines. Affects all support weapons except Quasar Cannon and EAT.

Atmospheric Monitoring(Orbital Cannons, 25000 Req, 200 Common, 150 Rare, 15 Super): Orbital HE barrage spread reduced by 15%. Affects 120mm and 380mm Orbital Barrages, but not Walking Barrage apparently.

XXL Weapons Bay(Hangar, 25000/150/150/15): Eagle stratagems that drop multiple bombs will drop 1 additional bomb. Affects Eagle Airstrike, Smoke Strike, Cluster Bomb, and Napalm Strike.

Enhanced Combustion(Bridge, 25000/200/150/15): Fire damage from stratagems increased by 25%(!!!!). Affects Flamethrower, Eagle Napalm Strike, and Incendiary Mines.

Circuit Expansion(Engineering Bay, 20000/200/150/20): Lightning arcs will jump to one additional enemy. Affects Arc Thrower and Tesla Tower. "enemy" lmao

Blast Absorption(Robotics Workshop, 25000/150/150/20): Sentries take 50% less damage from explosions. Affects Tesla Tower and all Sentry stratagems.

jfc

gently caress idiots that are like "I can't play game unless number go up"

battle
Dec 20, 2013

Nothing wrong with numbers go up. Tickles the right places.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
These new upgrades eat 40% of your max common samples, 60% of your max rare samples, and 15% of your max super samples.
I have to imagine this is due to most people having an excess of rares, though I'm surprised they don't cost at least 20 supers.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Adjudicator has to double-tap scavengers lmao

Thermite Grenades will damage chargers but not kill them, are not guaranteed to stick, and take five seconds to do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Assuming this works for the supply pack, this is going to lead to some very fun times with the grenade launcher.