Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Possums are great and should be tolerated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Opossums do a really good job of eating ticks though

they have a stronger need for calcium than other animals so they love crunching snails

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Jacques' alright, I guess. He's wrong about a lot of things. Raccoons are disgusting monsters which should be exterminated. Possums are creepy, but less offensive if only because they're dumber and less persistent.

As a Torontonian we need a crusade against racoons, they suck and don't eat ticks like skunks or possums

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

People say possums are good and helpful but they look gross

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
All I can really say about modern Arcade Fire is that when the allegations against Win Butler came out my first instinctive thought was “yeah the guy who made Everything Now would probably do this”

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

COPE 27 posted:

It's weird how normal Jacques is when no one's bullying him

jacques revealed he had a one sided blood feud with the sauce barons of louisiana.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

All I can really say about modern Arcade Fire is that when the allegations against Win Butler came out my first instinctive thought was “yeah the guy who made Everything Now would probably do this”

Thought the exact same thing lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Thought the exact same thing lol

what does it mean?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

what does it mean?

Win butler is a weirdo creep

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Opossums do a really good job of eating ticks though

This is a myth, unfortunately. The new anti-tick heros are quails.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

After all of these years, I still don’t understand what buck breaking is and I’m not looking it up

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1778199156714361015?t=xDSTZC_GqpHZUfN5SHJP5w&s=19

The good brain drugs are still working well; ya love to see it

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
"Guy Ritchie directs a WW2 action movie about the Commandos" is the platonic ideal of "Movie I can completely envision in my mind palace and therefore have no interest in actually seeing"

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Been a while since Ritchie made a movie that didn't sound like a made up movie for a poster in the background of an actual movie. You're telling me Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre was a real film shown in theatres? The Gentlemen? Come on, Guy.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
cowboy bebop tangent on the jacques ep really hit

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yoko kanno beats the brakes off of arcade fire. great take.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Glimpse posted:

Been a while since Ritchie made a movie that didn't sound like a made up movie for a poster in the background of an actual movie. You're telling me Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre was a real film shown in theatres? The Gentlemen? Come on, Guy.

Remember way back when Guy Ritchie had his one and only one idea? That was a pretty good time.

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 11, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ritchie has got to be somewhere near the top of "guys who had one idea for a movie" with Troy Duffy being somewhere near the bottom, at least for that era.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
This is grim, after not paying attention to Ritchie for many years I see that he's made quite a few films.

Nothing good since Snatch. His first two are stone cold classics, I guess he only had that one idea.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wait is The Gentlemen TV show just an adaptation of a movie from five years ago?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flaskraven posted:

This is grim, after not paying attention to Ritchie for many years I see that he's made quite a few films.

Nothing good since Snatch. His first two are stone cold classics, I guess he only had that one idea.

I would say the first Sherlock and Man From U.N.C.L.E. are also entertaining but yeah the rest are straight dogshit

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The holmeses ruled

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I vaguely remember enjoying Rocknrolla, but I haven't seen it in over 15 years.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Wrath of Man was alright but it came out in like, March of 2021 so it got extra points for just being something I could do outside of my house immediately after getting the vaccine

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flaskraven posted:

The Sherlock Holmes movie was good. Dunno about the sequel

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes movies, but now that I think about it, they were a prime contributor to that fad for Autism Kung Fu that went on way, way, way too loving long.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My friend liked "The Gentlemen" (with the "yes it's 100% Guy Ritchie" caveat) and it was on my list but I saw a trailer for "Ministry for Ungentlemanly warfare" and, honestly probably because the word is in there, I'm probably never watching The Gentlemen now. Dude I'm sure that trailer works for somebody but for me it was like baiting a mousetrap with a screeching owl.

HannibalBarca posted:

"Guy Ritchie directs a WW2 action movie about the Commandos" is the platonic ideal of "Movie I can completely envision in my mind palace and therefore have no interest in actually seeing"
yeah for me this is Wes Anderson, like I'm sure there are little surprises and I kind of enjoy seeing the color palette in the trailers but that's enough for me :)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Chad Jihad posted:

The holmeses ruled

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Halloween Jack posted:

Autism Kung Fu

lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Guy Ritchie is obv a hack but Wrath of Man was actually pretty good

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

After all of these years, I still don’t understand what buck breaking is and I’m not looking it up

The documentary or the slavery-era practice it's named after?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you can bank a lot of good will with those first two but it only lasts so long.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/punished_picnic/status/1778224836319354926

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

It's when you need 4 quarters for a dollar.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Guy Ritchie is obv a hack but Wrath of Man was actually pretty good

Boy Sweat Dave is an s-tier character name

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It’s apparently a Churchill quote, if that makes it any better.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Man From UNCLE rocks hope this helps. the rest of his modern movies look like poo poo from a butt

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

man from uncle rules

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

wait, that wasn't an ai generated image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

wait, that wasn't an ai generated image?

Well, it could very well be