Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
the guy who made an epic DV joke should probably get banned tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/localsoundwave/status/1778253306160091344?s=46&t=qMC4CWrJTLL6muchfMx13w

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

the guy who made an epic DV joke should probably get banned tho

Which post was this?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

illcendiary posted:

I find it really funny that it was so quiet there that you can hear individual people’s voices echoing in the reaction videos

You could hear a pin drop during the FTR promo last night. They should really downsize their venues because these days you can hear the promos echoing off the concrete of the empty upper sections in arenas.

Maybe they can fix that during production without changing venues but drat if they don't sound hollow right now. I first noticed it during Edge's ra ra promo a bit ago.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Astro7x posted:

I’d hate to see what happens to AJ when she asks punk to choke her a little in bed.

🤪

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I initially read that as a bit about how CM Punk is bad at sex and would not be able to choke her because he's bad at choking...but I understand, there are a few ways to read it and it's a joke that shouldn't have been made.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

a joke that shouldn't have been made.

don’t doxx me, bro

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
WWE and Punk fans: will be fans through everything, no matter the reality and no matter what bad it makes them look.

AEW fans: Clutching their pearls and whispering , "...cringe" and threatening to quit watching at the most boring of backstage footage.

Yeah, maybe AEW will die.

With that attitude!

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Ascended: lmao forever at all of it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
AEW will never die but everyone else will

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
I hope AEW lives forever doing stupider and stupider poo poo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

But there's only one way to make sure AEW is immortal brother

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Le Saboteur posted:

You could hear a pin drop during the FTR promo last night. They should really downsize their venues because these days you can hear the promos echoing off the concrete of the empty upper sections in arenas.

Maybe they can fix that during production without changing venues but drat if they don't sound hollow right now. I first noticed it during Edge's ra ra promo a bit ago.

At this point I don't think they're gonna change anything with the show cause I don't think Tony sees anything wrong with what he's doing. Incapable of acknowledging anything negative is going on.

Like, the overwhelming response from the entire IWC is "This their Fingerpoke of Doom" and "This is 2000 WCW" and it doesn't matter if it's actually true because I'm sure 9/10 people saying that stuff are either like 20 year olds whose only conception of WCW is from WWE Propaganda or people who'd spin literally anything they did in the most bad faith way possible....but that's still the Perception.

Regardless of whether it's deserved or not, AEW is the new WCW2000/LOLTNA company and that stink will never, ever go away.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the grim dark future there is only AEW Rampage, jack

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dunno about that OP, RAW drew (mcintytre) over 3million viewers.

can you tell me what the latest news with cm punk is?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

can you tell me what the latest news with cm punk is?

he changed his name to CM Cuck and is now wrestling the Miz

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

But there's only one way to make sure AEW is immortal brother

or maybe not dude

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

At this point I don't think they're gonna change anything with the show cause I don't think Tony sees anything wrong with what he's doing. Incapable of acknowledging anything negative is going on.

Like, the overwhelming response from the entire IWC is "This their Fingerpoke of Doom" and "This is 2000 WCW" and it doesn't matter if it's actually true because I'm sure 9/10 people saying that stuff are either like 20 year olds whose only conception of WCW is from WWE Propaganda or people who'd spin literally anything they did in the most bad faith way possible....but that's still the Perception.

Regardless of whether it's deserved or not, AEW is the new WCW2000/LOLTNA company and that stink will never, ever go away.

you're just wrong. You have a bias. You want AEW to die because you are embarrassed by it so you find every example to prove yourself right. AEW is not even close to WCW/TNA levels. The product is better in every measurable way. You need to get offline.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
AEW will be as bad as TNA when sting arrives to wrestle a strung out jeff hardy in a PPV

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The dream of Guest GM OJ is dead

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NienNunb posted:

The dream of Guest GM OJ is dead

he'll return with Benoit, brother

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OJ finally caught the real killer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEG08FAkyc

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’ll take even a superficial excuse to post this picture

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Fucker posted:

lol these posts are as gotten to as whoever decided airing that video was a good idea

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like I get not liking the segment as I was kinda of down on it as an angle till the FTR promo but it's nowhere near TNA or WCW 2000 bad or even first Dark Order/Nightmare collective angle bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

panko posted:

Oh no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

You want AEW to die

You keep saying this and I genuinely never see who you quoted making that statement. That they want it dead or that they're torturing themselves

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am extremely gotten to by people who unironically say poo poo like "WWE never talks about their competitors. :downs:", I will never not be gotten to by stuff like that, because trying to pretend WWE is just staying above it all and doing their own thing with a little halo hanging above their head is the dumbest, most wretched kind of lie you can tell when it comes to wrestling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
sounbds like morale backstage in AEW is at an all-time low

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

I am extremely gotten to by people who unironically say poo poo like "WWE never talks about their competitors. :downs:", I will never not be gotten to by stuff like that, because trying to pretend WWE is just staying above it all and doing their own thing with a little halo hanging above their head is the dumbest, most wretched kind of lie you can tell.

It's frustrating because it's the same bullshit conservatives pull.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i want AEW to die I want WWE to die i want the world of wrestling to be ruled over by the NWA and TNA and the ICP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I get not liking the segment as I was kinda of down on it as an angle till the FTR promo

I was the opposite. I liked it until the FTR promo. And then the Ospreay promo would have been good any other time of the show other than immediately after that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I am extremely gotten to by people who unironically say poo poo like "WWE never talks about their competitors. :downs:", I will never not be gotten to by stuff like that, because trying to pretend WWE is just staying above it all and doing their own thing with a little halo hanging above their head is the dumbest, most wretched kind of lie you can tell when it comes to wrestling.

Especially after last week where WWE could of just taken it's victory lap with the gate of the two Mania's and still come out ahead and instead they decide to take multiple shots at AEW including talent that signed and calling Okada and Ospreay lazy despite the amount of matches they watched. Like just crazy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

panko posted:

this is worse than clean shaven jay white

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
(in hulk hogan voice) morte

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sounbds like morale backstage in AEW is at an all-time low

why? :confused: they're all getting paid and some of them got to see Cody win in person in fancy stadium suites. Sounds like a good week!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My therapist told me today that actually they're not the WCW of 2024 and I'm doing something called catastrophizing. I called him an AEW Mark drone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(in hulk hogan voice) morte

yea and cm punk is the blameless one