Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The new ish:

Based on the cover I was worried that Starscream was going beat Soundwave and utterly destroy Ravage as pettiness. So, satisfying that was anything but the case! Starscream is such a detestable character here and it's the best. If it wasn’t clear to anyone at this point, they’re showing no one is safe and war is brutal as hell. It does look like they’re going to revive Jetfire in that final panel, that is his body we see is it not. Maybe he’ll be Skyfire? Yeah he died. But we've already seen them take bots in literal pieces and put them back together again. We'll have to wait to see more until we fully figure out at what point dead is dead for these bots in this run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Woah, just saw that Pulse 40th event teaser and with the G1 theme all cleaned up and remastered, I never even noticed the women vocalists before. Our old telly's poxy mono speaker must have been even worse than I thought. The vocoder bit sounds well weird now though.

I haven't watched it yet, but that sounds like they're using the early unused take of the theme. It was previously released on the vinyl soundtrack Sony issued a few years ago which was lacking to say the least. Lots of unfinished and incomplete tracks that stop abruptly and not what was used in the show. If they're just reissuing that, that's very disappointing.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Last Call posted:

The new ish:

Based on the cover I was worried that Starscream was going beat Soundwave and utterly destroy Ravage as pettiness. So, satisfying that was anything but the case! Starscream is such a detestable character here and it's the best. If it wasn’t clear to anyone at this point, they’re showing no one is safe and war is brutal as hell. It does look like they’re going to revive Jetfire in that final panel, that is his body we see is it not. Maybe he’ll be Skyfire? Yeah he died. But we've already seen them take bots in literal pieces and put them back together again. We'll have to wait to see more until we fully figure out at what point dead is dead for these bots in this run.

Starscream works best when he's pushing back and scheming against Megatron or out on his own trying to get back in, I like that they've put him in the latter position already. Also I'm very much looking forward to Thundercracker finding out exactly what he did to Skywarp because that's going to go so very badly for Screamer. Also very interested to see what this universe's take on Magnus is going to be.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Do. Not. Kick. Ravage.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I decided to get tickets to see it cuz like..why not? It'll be a fun 80 mins in the theater and all~ Then I can go get Raising Canes or somethin.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Tonight's Masked Singer was Transformers themed. For some reason.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Did they sing The Touch while dressed as Sky Lynx?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Keldroc posted:

There's lots of 40th Anniversary things happening this year that seem to mainly be designed to make people aware of the brand. A trailer for Transformers One is also supposed to be released next week, so a family friendly reality show doing a Transformers night sort of makes sense as a way to get people thinking about Transformers again ahead of the trailer for a new animated movie.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Theres a supposed leak of the transformers one optimus as a popcorn bucket and he has a massive chest

Optimus "Big Naturals" Prime

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Did they sing The Touch while dressed as Sky Lynx?

No, but all the songs were from the live action movies. And they did play the G1 cartoon theme and have Cullen voicing Optimus. It was weird but effort was clearly put in.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Theres a supposed leak of the transformers one optimus as a popcorn bucket and he has a massive chest

Optimus "Big Naturals" Prime

I mean it's a popcorn bucket first and foremost so I doubt the proportions are very applicable to the actual design.

The way it looks like it has actual wheels makes me wonder if it transforms.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Good Listener posted:

Then I can go get Raising Canes or somethin.

Or something good!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Leave it to morons to make OP a popcorn bucket when Shockwave has the tits for a cheeseboard. gently caress, maybe he has a pizza oven in there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Knormal posted:

I mean it's a popcorn bucket first and foremost so I doubt the proportions are very applicable to the actual design.

The way it looks like it has actual wheels makes me wonder if it transforms.

That's an incomplete Masterpiece Energon Optimus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Or something good!

Raising Cane’s rules, go wash your mouth out with soap. :mad:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1778417191848739084

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Raising Cane’s rules, go wash your mouth out with soap. :mad:

Having lived in Louisiana, it’s amazing how something so bland has spread so widely across the US.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Having lived in Louisiana, it’s amazing how something so bland has spread so widely across the US.

Because it’s good! :mad:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Transformers And G.I. Joe Crossover Movie Is Happening, As Rise Of The Beasts Foretold

https://www.slashfilm.com/1560184/transformers-gi-joe-crossover-movie-happening/

The prophecy is finally fulfilled, and we are getting the much-promised Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover teased in the final moments of "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts."

The news was formally unveiled during Paramount Pictures' presentation at CinemaCon 2024, where /Film's own Ryan Scott witnessed the announcement of the union between the two titanic franchises.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
IT'S HAPPENING

Also, Masterpiece Riggorus is a Geetoo, according to the pack-in materials. Comes with stickers for both G2 and G1, which go on top of his forcefield thing. He's a Destron surgeon, similar to Knockout, and the Garboil and his crew stole the upgrade from the Autobots and gave it to him.

I like him. He's basically Hoist with Trailbreaker's camping shell modified to unfold his shoulder weapons, which can be freely swapped with his hand weapons (or hands!) ,

He looks like if Ronald McDonald was a Transformer and I dig it.

The main downside of MP Trailbreaker/Hoist/Riggorus is their shoulders/torso. A bit hollow and finicky to get into place with the doors/side panels just right, and they're still a liiiiitle bit gappy. The arms are double elbowed on Hoist and Riggorus, so the stupid G1-accurate panels aren't really an issue, he can do some neat naturalistic poses. The pylons on top of his arms are pretty meh, though.

Raising Caines is good, but there are definitely more exciting choices out there. You can't really go wrong with them, though, and many people like the comfort of that.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

The_Doctor posted:

What if I just order a bunch of the sauce and drink that

Edit: Also, I really wish they'd stop with shared universe stuff. I know the brands have been interlinked forever but can we just not make everything a shared cinematic universe multiverse?...no? Okay my bad.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He looks like if Ronald McDonald was a Transformer and I dig it.

His name, colors, and exercise shorts make me think of a cross between Hulk Hogan and Richard Simmons.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I have never lived in Louisiana, but Raising Cane's is definitely the most "this is it?" bland-rear end letdown of any "omg it's so good" fast food chain I've experienced since In-N-Out. It would barely be acceptable as a side nobody ever ordered at a pizza place.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Found Silverbolt at Target today (still no Neca Kirby :mad:). The additional 30% off was nice, too. He's a fun figure with a relatively simple transformation, but he's pretty much a "warts and all" modern version, so if you didn't like the original, this one's not gonna sell you on him.

I, however, loved the original and this one is right up my alley.

Edit: I just noticed he has stand holes in both modes. That's a nice bit of thoughtful design right there.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 11, 2024

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

the best part of Raising Canes was that stupid bread slice.

It's wild to be how poo poo fast food Chicken is in the US. KFC is declining, Zaxby's and Raising Canes is mid, and Chik-fil-a is bad for a number of reasons. Only Popeyes and Churches are good.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Transformers ONE sounds uhhh lets say interesting

https://gizmodo.com/transformers-one-animated-first-footage-impressions-1851404168

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You know what, gently caress it, I want a show with the Functionist time. Show us Senator Shockwave in his prime (hah!). Show us Megs and Orion failing to keep the peace after the Council is beaten. Show us something different!

TF Prime was great despite having annoying kid sidekicks because it did have some different characters and did kill people off for real. Starscream was ruthless and Arcee kicked rear end.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 12, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if there's anywhere else you can get Nonnef upgrade parts? I still kind of want to give Pointblank some proper elbows, but the jabroni wants a $50 minimum order to ship to Canada

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Went Neca Haul-a-Thon hunting at Target and came up short, but I did find a Snarl, and right now all Transformers are 30% off :dance:

They also had tons of Blasters, Wheeljacks, Dreadwing, and some of the latest Starscreams.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd be super okay if we never got concepts like functionism and empurata again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

It's part of the history that is usually glossed over. But I get what you mean

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"Glossed over"? It didn't exist until several years ago. There hasn't been a chance TO gloss over it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nodosaur posted:

Why? They're interesting sci-fi ideas about a robot society

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can understand it from a “real life sucks enough I don’t want that poo poo in my fun fantasy worlds too” perspective but at the same time it’s part of what makes those worlds more immersive and interesting, to me at least.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

because one is a cheap attempt at fantasy racism and that's always dodgy and empurata forces all Transformers with nonstandard facial features to be unnatural

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can understand it from a “real life sucks enough I don’t want that poo poo in my fun fantasy worlds too” perspective but at the same time it’s part of what makes those worlds more immersive and interesting, to me at least.

Not to mention the whole "fun fantasy world of endless interstellar war. conflict and misery between near-immortal beings" thing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Empurata existing doesn't mean non-standard features can't be natural, it would be worse for those that are naturally monoeyed or cannon armed now seem "unnatural" and thus get unfairly ostracized, pushing them further toward one side of the conflict.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I am okay with it existing in the IDW continuity but if they don't wanna do it again, I'm def okay with it. Them going to the AU in Lost Light is why I quit reading after all. Using it as a set up for bad poo poo in one continuity was like "this is a newer take and I'm interested to see how this made things happen". But yea, we can do diff ideas for new things, I am not opposed.

I'll have to wait to see the trailer myself but that sounds kinda lame to me so far. Please note I realize the hypocrisy here given my previous statement and will clarify I'm not opposed to a new thing but that doesn't mean I'll check it out if I think it sounds lame lol

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 12, 2024

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think we're overdue for another mass media stab at the Quintesson consumer/industrial/military products origin.

I think people overreact to empurata. People treat Roberts as if he had an ambition to reshape transformers lore forever when he mostly wanted to do dark comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Nodosaur posted:

because one is a cheap attempt at fantasy racism and that's always dodgy and empurata forces all Transformers with nonstandard facial features to be unnatural

Do you think the X-men comics should stop using Mutants as an analogy for discrimination as well? I don't consider it cheap at all, I appreciate it's ingenuity personally, not saying you don't have the right to feel the way you do.