Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I was on impossible difficulty before I even realized that you could upgrade stratagems. It doesn’t matter and you need some kind of high level thing to do for people who only play games if number goes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Piell posted:

A lot of words to say you got mad when someone killed you, sounds like you should've taken it in stride and not be so thin skinned

Eh, fair enough.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I usually just host the games myself. That way I'm the stove pubbies slam their face into. The only way to prevent being arbitrarily kicked is to be the one who kicks.

Cryte Lynn
Jul 25, 2005
Now serving pwncakes at the Roflhouse

I got kicked this morning 1 minute into an eradicate bots match. We deployed, I landed next to a handful of bots and despite my best efforts got rocketed to death, dude calls in a reinforce and I can't see poo poo cause there's smoke everywhere & accidentally land directly on top of him. 5 seconds later I'm back in my ship, he kicked & blocked me. Some folks take this poo poo super seriously I guess, we'll both go our separate ways and have fun in different groups :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

The eruptor seema purpose designed to allow people to take machine gun stratagems without gimping your team as soon as anything with armour turns up.

This makes me happy - the stalwart on high rpm is the most fun gun.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Is the instant teleport back with 0 message to your ship a kick? I've gotten that once or twice. I always figured it was some weird crash.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dyz posted:

Is the instant teleport back with 0 message to your ship a kick? I've gotten that once or twice. I always figured it was some weird crash.

can be either

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What’s the stats on the new armors?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

can be either

Ok, because I was pretty sure it happened with an entire friendgroup at least once.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

LuiCypher posted:

Pubs are so thin-skinned, lol. Someone TK'd me (I am assuming by accident, but it did literally come out of nowhere when I wasn't in the firing line of bots and there weren't any in my vicinity to warrant shooting in my direction so it felt pretty drat intentional) so I jokingly podded them in retaliation.

Most people know if they get podded it's because they TK'd, but baby goes ahead and kicks+blocks me practically immediately.

If Super Earth loses, it's because of babies like them. Someone didn't sign their forms properly...

maybe don't waste reinforcements on "lol teaching them a lesson"

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I assume in-universe anytime someone gets kicked, their teammates just point and call them a traitor and then the bombs come down on their heads while their super-destroyer breaks orbit to perform a standard democracy inspection.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

raverrn posted:

In the leak the Eruptor could shoot down Bot Dropships on the engine. Someone give it a test for me?

I managed to get two shots off directly onto the engine and no, it doesn't. I couldn't get a third off before it moved away, and the aiming is very slow.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lol at the sample sinks that i will never get yet waste immense amounts of time attempting to get super samples for, love that they are dedicated to outdoing WOW on grinding

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s the stats on the new armors?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/beguiledgamer/status/1778387430820786193?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dyz posted:

The host crashed or lost their connection.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

That's a disappointing armor set. Nothing really new or useful in there, unless 'semi-light grenade armor' is a new and exciting niche.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

6/8 rockets were launched, we weren't in danger of losing the mission and had the reinforcements to spare, and life is cheap. Plus, I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and assume an accident when I first complained, but in the moment it didn't really seem like an accident. No enemies were near me, I had explosive resist armor, and I was in good health (so an Eruptor TK by accident was unlikely, and I was not exploded by any of the many mortars deployed - I ate a head shot as I went from full health to dead). I had just deployed a minefield, and although it seemed close to the person who TK'd me they were not in any danger of running into a mine. I also was not walking in front of their gun while they were trying to fire - they were on the opposite side of the area from me. In other words, it felt a lot like I got deliberately shot for no good reason other than someone was annoyed!

If I get podded, I know I usually deserved it for TK'ing someone even if it was an accident (poo poo happens, and odds are I could've been a bit more careful) and I take it in stride. Podding is immature (not gonna contest that!), but Kicking+Blocking and acting like a little tyrant just because you're host isn't really being the bigger diver here.
That's a pot of words to say "I'm thin-skinned at got mad at videogames"

Also, maybe not everyone assumes your weird "communication" about podding people.

Ravendas posted:

That's a disappointing armor set. Nothing really new or useful in there, unless 'semi-light grenade armor' is a new and exciting niche.
It's not, there's been one since launch on the superstore. Along with true light grenade armor.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol at the sample sinks that i will never get yet waste immense amounts of time attempting to get super samples for, love that they are dedicated to outdoing WOW on grinding

I don't think it's really grinding when you can't do anything discrete to grind for it? You'll just unlock it all eventually if you play normally?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

What a wonderful studio :allears:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Ravendas posted:

It's a way for me to get a light grenade armor without paying additional warbonds on the superstore?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The satire and deep cuts in this game is insane

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

raverrn posted:

In the leak the Eruptor could shoot down Bot Dropships on the engine. Someone give it a test for me?

Is that also the same leak where it killed a bile titan? I'm pretty sure that part was an April fool's joke.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

AVAILABLE ON PISS5 AND PC

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Ravendas posted:

Counterpoint, the heavy armor looks cool and chunky

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BitBasher posted:

I don't think it's really grinding when you can't do anything discrete to grind for it? You'll just unlock it all eventually if you play normally?

samples can either be hard to find due to the map being foggy, mountanous, etc, and then you are depending on someone actually extracting the samples. so for many many instances you can spend 20-30 minutes on a mission and get nothing for it except currencies that the game showers you with absurd amounts of. its extremely frustrating to complete a mission and watch the guy holding the super samples die in front of the extract, or to spend ages looking for the spawn and either miss it or only locate it too late to successfully extract

if it was a guaranteed reward for completion like the other currencies are you would be correct, instead you are very literally doing a wow quest with a lovely drop rate.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 11, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

Pubs are so thin-skinned, lol. Someone TK'd me (I am assuming by accident, but it did literally come out of nowhere when I wasn't in the firing line of bots and there weren't any in my vicinity to warrant shooting in my direction so it felt pretty drat intentional) so I jokingly podded them in retaliation.

Most people know if they get podded it's because they TK'd, but baby goes ahead and kicks+blocks me practically immediately.

If Super Earth loses, it's because of babies like them. Someone didn't sign their forms properly...

If Super Earth loses it will be because you wasted reinforcements on petty revenge.

Accidental TKs happen. Deliberate TKs are treasonous

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Please Engineering, gimmie a ship upgrade that buffs the mechs a little - an extra calldown, some more ammo, a spare second to bail out of the vehicle when it inevitably catches fire; I'll take anything!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fire immune armor when

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fire immune armor when

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

ChickenHeart posted:

Please Engineering, gimmie a ship upgrade that buffs the mechs a little - an extra calldown, some more ammo, a spare second to bail out of the vehicle when it inevitably catches fire; I'll take anything!

To play along with their intentionally half-assed in-character solutions to things, the mech having an emergency eject upgrade that just flings you out the back in full ragdoll would be hilarious.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

Auto eject on destruction would rule. No parachute ofc, but just rockets you out like a jetpack

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Does armor rating slow down burn damage? Because in light armor I seem to have to dive immediately or it's too late.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Purged some hatcheries with a competent team and got 3 more super samples, thanking Democracy that the game didn't crash. Game then crashed while I was spending medals.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Does armor rating slow down burn damage? Because in light armor I seem to have to dive immediately or it's too late.

Not sure, but you describe exactly my experience with medium.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fire immune armor when

Somewhere a game dev is saying one of two things to this. "Soon" or "When it's ready."

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Honestly owns that instead of just dropping the new warbond, which on its own would have been exciting and perfectly sufficient to keep the new content hounds at bay, we get a bunch of ship modules too. AH absolutely nailing the new content drip feed (faucet?).

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

People complaining about the new ship upgrade prices like they didn't take the time to unlock everything else. It's a little bit of a grind but you'd think the world is ending the way they talk about it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ChickenHeart posted:

I bet it comes when they add vehicles and the mech strategem moves to its own vehicle category that isn't ready yet. I am very excited for it.
Also I assume at some point they will add in a 4th tier of samples that you can only get on difficulty 9, or higher if they add 10+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

People complaining about the new ship upgrade prices like they didn't take the time to unlock everything else. It's a little bit of a grind but you'd think the world is ending the way they talk about it.

People, and goons, are the worst.