Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

The adjudicator rules and if you're having problems with its recoil I can only assume you're walking around while shooting like it's an SMG. Stop, crouch, magdump, reload while bookin.
Standing still is death. Any gun I can't use on the run is a failure. Defender 4 Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

People complaining about the new ship upgrade prices like they didn't take the time to unlock everything else. It's a little bit of a grind but you'd think the world is ending the way they talk about it.

I much prefer a slow steady unlock pace for the passive bonuses while the items and strategems come relatively quickly. Makes everything feel like progress bot short and long term and keeps the difficulty treadmill feeling good too as you slowly become stronger.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

People complaining about the new ship upgrade prices like they didn't take the time to unlock everything else. It's a little bit of a grind but you'd think the world is ending the way they talk about it.

Lol if you think everyone has upgraded everything. I've been playing since launch and still need like 30 more super samples just for the initial set up stuff, let alone the new ones that represent months of playing if I were to even attempt it

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

People, and goons, are the worst.

It's true. Goons do in fact ruin everything.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The eruptor is a DMR BOLT RIFLE, I like the damage but the reload time per shot is ludicrous. I couldn't keep up on helldive there was just too much poo poo

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

150 rares for the new ship upgrades feels like a huge loving grind considering there's still two more tiers of upgrades still to come.

Long term goals for people to continue grinding. Keep grinding out that democracy

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lol if you think everyone has upgraded everything. I've been playing since launch and still need like 30 more super samples just for the initial set up stuff, let alone the new ones that represent months of playing if I were to even attempt it

Hey same! Luckily I looked at the upgrades and the only 2 I want are the eagle one and sentries resist explosions one out of the new one.

JK I'm gonna cry like a baby because I have to play the game I like playing more

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Not liking a part of a good game does equal crying like a baby lmao

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The Eruptor seems to behave a little like the UT Flak cannon alt fire in that it sends out a bunch of projectiles away from the impact, dealing damage separately from the explosion. If you get smacked by the flak then you can fall over and bleed etc, and you can get a bunch of indirect chaff kills this way too

edit: same piddly sfx as the dominator though, disappointing

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 11, 2024

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im droppin a pod on ALL you sons of bitches!!!!!!!!!!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'd love to see official statistics on this, but I'm going to guess that the vast majority of Helldivers 2 players have never even finished a level 7 mission.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the eruptor seems pretty ok. it can't damage hulk faces but it will one shot devastators sometimes and the projectiles only occasionally instantly detonate and knock your character forward out of cover or kill you

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Quoting this for when people start complaining there's nothing to do with materials in two weeks.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Maybe not literally everything, but to say the new ones represent *months* of playing is a massive exaggeration. Maybe if you only play on the first Friday of every month.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, this kind of game needs long term progression and they can combine that with basically infinite scaling a la Diablo 3 to keep the treadmill going for a long time.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Let me throw excess req and samples into a “free stratagems on this planet” bucket

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The year is 2027. A helldiver punches in the code for a precision strike but is struck with a rocket before throwing it, dropping it at his feet. The entire squad dies trying to escape the blast radius.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So the expanded resupply strategem maybe doesn't work?

I tested by firing off and reload until my Medium Machine gun had no more reserve clips. Called down the resupply and picked up a single box, and it still only returned one mag, instead of 2 like the strategem said.

Also, Space G3 feels like a space G3, but probably isn't actually very good. Won't stop me from using it though.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 11, 2024

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Warning so other people don't waste hours of their time. Apparently the Superior Packing Method upgrade is bugged.

That's a fuckload of resources to lose on something which should have been obvious to one test before pushing it live.

FYI it only works on non-backpack support weapons (railgun, DMR, etc) - so if it being "bugged" is it didn't give you max spear ammo then thats actually working as intended

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Maybe not literally everything, but to say the new ones represent *months* of playing is a massive exaggeration. Maybe if you only play on the first Friday of every month.

I maybe get 3-9 super samples in a week, give or take. Considering I still have 25 or so to go on the original stuff, that is about a month, and each of the new ones costs 15-25, and there are 6 of them, so yeah it's months.

I'll just never get them since my friends play even less and are often not in the mood for the higher difficulties and prefer to play on 5.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Arianya posted:

FYI it only works on non-backpack support weapons (railgun, DMR, etc) - so if it being "bugged" is it didn't give you max spear ammo then thats actually working as intended

No, its bugged on regular weapons too.

Also the Spear and RR show up as weapons it supports, so those not working doesn't seem like it is working as intended either.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 11, 2024

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ship upgrade that permanently unlocks a support weapon stratagem slot in the top row of the loadout screen loving where/when!? It doesn't even have to be the full stratagem - just initially deploying with the selected weapon would be "good enough" to be worthwhile.

On a related note, missions that reduce you to 3 stratagems are a massive pain in the rear end. I'd legitimately prefer scrambled inputs to "haha have fun with 25% less DEMOCRACY".

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Slyphic posted:

Standing still is death. Any gun I can't use on the run is a failure. Defender 4 Life.

I get what you're saying but changing stance fucks up bot aim and makes you a smaller target. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast and all that.

Defender rules though so carry on.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I've played for 70 hours and haven't gotten all the base modules, based on my current play each of those modules is about 15+ hours of gameplay...so I will get the first of these modules in approximately 3 months. The world ain't ending but having fun toys dangled out of reach for a long time ain't my idea of a good time, either.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BadLlama posted:

So the expanded resupply strategem maybe doesn't work?

I tested by firing off and reload until my Medium Machine gun had no more reserve clips. Called down the resupply and picked up a single box, and it still only returned one mag, instead of 2 like the strategem said.

Also, Space G3 feels like a space G3, but probably isn't actually very good. Won't stop me from using it though.

It didnt work for my autocannon either fwiw

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've played for 70 hours and haven't gotten all the base modules, based on my current play each of those modules is about 15+ hours of gameplay...so I will get the first of these modules in approximately 3 months. The world ain't ending but having fun toys dangled out of reach for a long time ain't my idea of a good time, either.

If you play harder difficulties you get all the goodies, faster

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I can only play one trivial mission a month (I have eleven children, am a single parent, have 3 jobs, volunteer at the local library and sewage plant, and am a full time high school and college student).

I also can’t pick up samples (it’s against my religion - Metaprogression Mormonism) so I’m a little concerned about my progress in this game.

Wish the default weapon and early stratagems were effective at the highest levels of play (that I will never see) but alas.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
If you could reset your completed account progress for a 1% universal buff or something, some people would do it happily. I have friends that have everything unlocked, some other goons have posted similar stuff. The rate at which different people play online games is just big, so a provision for people that are chewing it up and spitting it out is fine by me.

My biggest question is what is this game going to look like six months from now when the buffs from ships keep stacking; are we eventually going to need a ship load out as well? Couldn't these passive buffs get out of hand? Wouldn't it make it harder and harder for new players to play with friends?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Jack B Nimble posted:

If you could reset your completed account progress for a 1% universal buff or something, some people would do it happily. I have friends that have everything unlocked, some other goons have posted similar stuff. The rate at which different people play online games is just big, so a provision for people that are chewing it up and spitting it out is fine by me.

My biggest question is what is this game going to look like six months from now when the buffs from ships keep stacking; are we eventually going to need a ship load out as well? Couldn't these passive buffs get out of hand? Wouldn't it make it harder and harder for new players to play with friends?

The ship page has availability for more than 1 ship by the looks of it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So far the upgrades have seemed to thread the needle between where they are very nice without being "requisite." A level 10 Space Cadet with a good loadout and good situational awareness can credibly contribute to clearing 7's. I don't play enough to have everything unlocked either and it seems ok?

I can imagine a future where that changes people ask for your super destroyer Gear Rating on helldiverepeen.io and kick you if you aren't high enough level and don't meet their "standards" but it doesn't seem like we're there yet.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

What's the result of the new fast extract booster?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

What's the result of the new fast extract booster?

Think it took off 18 seconds on a 2 minute extract when I tested it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Owlbear Camus posted:

So far the upgrades have seemed to thread the needle between where they are very nice without being "requisite." A level 10 Space Cadet with a good loadout and good situational awareness can credibly contribute to clearing 7's. I don't play enough to have everything unlocked either and it seems ok?

I mean I don't honestly care about a couple of them, they're just "nice" stuff, but the electric arc jumping and the support weapon ammo upgrades are pretty big QoL upgrades for me and exactly fit one of my playstyles (SPEAR + Arc Blitzer)

BadLlama posted:

55 Medals down the drain! Yikes.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

BadLlama posted:

:bisonyes:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I mean I don't honestly care about a couple of them, they're just "nice" stuff, but the electric arc jumping and the support weapon ammo upgrades are pretty big QoL upgrades for me and exactly fit one of my playstyles (SPEAR + Arc Blitzer)

I thought the Arc Blitzer didn't arc? I tried it last night and it felt pretty bad. Wasn't even reliably killing smaller bugs but would sometimes kill 3? It seemed really sporadic. Stalkers were taking 5 or more shots.

I never actually saw it arc a shot to a second target.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BitBasher posted:

I thought the Arc Blitzer didn't arc? I tried it last night and it felt pretty bad. Wasn't even reliably killing smaller bugs but would sometimes kill 3? It seemed really sporadic. Stalkers were taking 5 or more shots.

I never actually saw it arc a shot to a second target.

You may be right. It actually should tell you in the Strategem description, right hand pane, now that I think about it. I can't check right now or I would.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

I mean I don't honestly care about a couple of them, they're just "nice" stuff, but the electric arc jumping and the support weapon ammo upgrades are pretty big QoL upgrades for me and exactly fit one of my playstyles (SPEAR + Arc Blitzer).

I don't think the arc upgrade affects the Blitzer does it? Only the tesla tower and the arc thrower?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

You may be right. It actually should tell you in the Strategem description, right hand pane, now that I think about it. I can't check right now or I would.

I'm at work myself, just wildly speculating :v:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

55 Medals down the drain! Yikes.

You really shouldn't take it on a regular extract, only for the extended ones from increased stratagem call in time. That'll knock off like 30 seconds or something which can make or break an extract.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Really? Move over Reinforcement Cooldown, we have a new champion for worst booster. e: This is actually unfair to Reinforcement Cooldown. Extract booster at least lets you end easy missions slightly faster, reinforcement cooldown has no good use cases.

skaianDestiny posted:

You really shouldn't take it on a regular extract, only for the extended ones from increased stratagem call in time. That'll knock off like 30 seconds or something which can make or break an extract.
There will never be a situation where ~25 seconds on extract justifies not having an actually good booster for the entire mission.

Darox fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 11, 2024

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
By the time I can extract democracy has either been served or Ive failed. The booster is a bug put there by the bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
15% faster extracts is exactly the sort of balance I'd expect, it just doesn't seem important when phrased as 18 seconds.