Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t give a poo poo about wwe they and their fans suck, I’m just laughing at Tony Khringe’s never ending parade of follies and foibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bank to actual AEW Hell topics - that Mercedes promo segment loving sucked. Terrible all around. Just shelve her like you do everyone else until she can wrestle Tony

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Morale in the Stinger Splash Zone is at an all time low after QoP was said to be "in the doghouse" after going off-script. However, we are pleased to announce that SSZ has resigned MJeff to a brand new deal.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I was the opposite. I liked it until the FTR promo. And then the Ospreay promo would have been good any other time of the show other than immediately after that

Yeah I agree about the placing of the Ospreay promo but more so that I'm not a fan of AEW having two promo segments back to back

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would like to trade mercedes back to the fed for... looks like there's someone named brinley

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope the interview was to give Mercedes a match on Dynasty, there's no way they can actually be thinking of not having her wrestle until six weeks from now.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It’s a slow burn. She’s waited this long to challenge for the top title in our sport (TBS), what’s a few more weeks?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I don’t give a poo poo about wwe they and their fans suck, I’m just laughing at Tony Khringe’s never ending parade of follies and foibles.

This made me snort at work lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I hope the interview was to give Mercedes a match on Dynasty, there's no way they can actually be thinking of not having her wrestle until six weeks from now.

I get wanting to be safe but having her wrestle is I think needed and if you want to protect her you could maybe do a multi-man tag so she doesn't have to work a full match with maybe some Stardom talent and against Skye Blue

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Like, unfortunately, the only real match you can do at Dynasty with both Willow and Julia occupied is Merceds vs. Skye Blue which......is not optimal.

I guess if you find someone else you could do Mercedes and Kris vs. Skye and whoever.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

mercedes not wrestling yet lets aew leverage her strong promo skills, where she comes off as genuine and unscripted. the ceo is confidently emoting/orating

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Wade is right and Ospreay didn’t want to do that promo but did at the behest of Tony Khan. I feel really bad for Ospreay because he just ruined his career if AEW goes out of business, on the orders of his boss who has proven himself to he a big time moron and wuss, like every other born rich person ever in history.

I love AEW and many of it’s wrestlers. I love having an alternative on television and PPV. Tony Khan isn’t a genius, he isn’t talented, he lucked into the greatest independent wrestling scene in history with Cody’s help and his father’s money. He needs an actual wrestling mind, not a fan with money, to write his show.

Give the book to Kenny, Moxley, loving Jericho even. All are better options. Have a committee of Danielson, Jarrett, Mickie James (There’s a woman who could have been helping him years ago). TK isn’t good at this poo poo, just like he isn’t good at the NFL, it’s time for him to be a fan, spend the money, and watch the show with the rest of us so this company can thrive.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

panko posted:

mercedes not wrestling yet lets aew leverage her strong promo skills, where she comes off as genuine and unscripted. the ceo is confidently eating oranges

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

How the gently caress are none of you able to insult Tony without sounding like a bigger loser? Always oh no Tony is really bad at being a big strong daddy poo poo

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
AEW is becoming increasingly isolated

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Wade is right and Ospreay didn’t want to do that promo but did at the behest of Tony Khan. I feel really bad for Ospreay because he just ruined his career if AEW goes out of business, on the orders of his boss who has proven himself to he a big time moron and wuss, like every other born rich person ever in history.

There'll probably be a different big time moron and wuss in charge of WWE by the time Ospreay's contract comes up, it likely won't matter.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

How the gently caress are none of you able to insult Tony without sounding like a bigger loser? Always oh no Tony is really bad at being a big strong daddy poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
tony is becoming cool as hell now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Bank to actual AEW Hell topics - that Mercedes promo segment loving sucked. Terrible all around. Just shelve her like you do everyone else until she can wrestle Tony

Not having her first match be until two months after her first appearance, but still regularly showing up, was a real bad idea. Just premiere her at Boston and then not show up again until a week or two before the DoN match

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Wade is right

Lemme just stop you right there

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

guys can insult HHH all they want when the rock is gonna push him out within six months

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Parallax posted:

guys can insult HHH all they want when the rock is gonna push him out within six months

they will fuse into one super being

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they restored the feeling of having to throw up and take a big crap

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I’m able to do it easily. Skill issue.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Parallax posted:

:pray:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MJeff posted:

I am extremely gotten to by people who unironically say poo poo like "WWE never talks about their competitors. :downs:", I will never not be gotten to by stuff like that, because trying to pretend WWE is just staying above it all and doing their own thing with a little halo hanging above their head is the dumbest, most wretched kind of lie you can tell when it comes to wrestling.

Seriously, I was a bit harsh on you yesterday but this is what I was trying to get across last night.
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1778243262332948782?t=KaWYqYNsq1si_D0yog1pDg&s=19

Which I believe is largely true, this allows them to appears optically above such things to most, which is why it's probably bad for AEW to waste real TV time on this. But to each their own.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Lol the little skulls on sticks like a Walgreens Halloween decoration

(That was Tony’s face when Punk lunged at him with a machete)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I’m able to do it easily. Skill issue.

You can, you're good

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Dango Bango posted:

It's frustrating because it's the same bullshit conservatives pull.

not everything is politics

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
sometimes, it's just fandom

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

oh no a wrestler had to go and do a promo his boss told him to do

:ohdear:
:ohdear:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

in staring at this gif for three revolutions trying to read his belt (because it looks like it says attitude hitler) I noticed that cody’s rear end jiggles just a little after the big swing. champion poo poo

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Sisal Two-Step posted:

sometimes, it's just fandom

they're the same thing now

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
TNA made The Voodoo Kin Mafia show up in the upper bowl of a WWE house show and try to start chants/poo poo. Will got off easy

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

HHH comeback of the century where his wife/heart/NXT left him and only through Vince's self destruction (despite everyone else trying to cover for him) has the cerebreal assassin found himself back on top*

*essentially the commissioner

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

Seriously, I was a bit harsh on you yesterday but this is what I was trying to get across last night.
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1778243262332948782?t=KaWYqYNsq1si_D0yog1pDg&s=19

Which I believe is largely true, this allows them to appears optically above such things to most, which is why it's probably bad for AEW to waste real TV time on this. But to each their own.

He says "when you're really not" right there. Right there in the tweet you're linking.

There isn't a difference. Just because ~the optics~, which is just grifters and stupid people with zero memory (Sting vs. HHH was less than a decade ago, btw and that was on Wrestlemania) think there is doesn't mean I have to.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

emf doesn’t try anymore. stick to photoshops kid that’s where you’ll make your fortunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Attacking a character’s throne isn’t the same as insulting a guy’s wife. I don’t give a poo poo he can go on TV and call HHH’s kids stupid and say he hopes they get eaten by wild animals, I just don’t want anything bad to happen to Ospreay because of it because obviously Hunter is petty everyone knows that. If AEW fails he’ll probably just go back to NJPW anyway