Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hopefully Apocalypse turns his cajun dial way up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Merrill Grinch posted:

I have the feeling that this will lead into the Horsemen of Apocalypse storyline.

They already did that in the old series

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Rubber Chicken posted:

Ok I just earned myself a rewatch. Mea Culpa.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

When I was a kid, I thought his name was Apoca Lips and he got it because of his weird mouth.

I really admired his stylish belt buckle, though.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Defiance Industries posted:

When I was a kid, I thought his name was Apoca Lips and he got it because of his weird mouth.

I really admired his stylish belt buckle, though.

That's actually the planet DARKSIGHED is from

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just saw this week's. As a lifelong Gambit fave, gently caress :cry:

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Who do we think the "he" is referring to when Cabpe says "he is coming" I don't think it's referring to the sentinel so it's probably whoever sent it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I would guess Apocalypse coming back would be a big hype reveal for a later season, not like they have a lack of cool stuff going on already with what they have established here.

i reckon they won't be fully directly adapting any one single storyline from what has happened in comics post original run, they'll just pick and choose aspects from a lot of them and then also add their own little twists on top to keep people guessing a little bit.

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Who do we think the "he" is referring to when Cabpe says "he is coming" I don't think it's referring to the sentinel so it's probably whoever sent it.

Nimrod would be my assumption, super duper sentinel from the future kinda makes sense to be a thing Cable would know about and fits the context. It's usually either Apocalypse, Sinister or Nimrod when Cable is concerned about it in an X-Men story. They probably won't have the moral of the season be "no, genociding humans IS the answer" so there will probably be a force behind the sentinels that is not just human bigotry (although obviously very much rooted in that).

I know they did use him in the original show but this show has already kinda played a bit fast and loose with some aspects of continuity in that regard so I won't discount them doing it again.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 11, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't think it's Nimrod. It's probably either Apocalypse or Bastion.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wish this show wasn't in such a rush to go through stories from the comics

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's what makes it good so far. Might bite them in the rear end at some point the swiftness at which it moves is one of the biggest strengths. We only have 10 episodes of around 30 minutes length. poo poo has to move.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Was Wolverines amusing Apocalypse line in an earlier episode foreshadowing? :raise:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Oasx posted:

X-O posted:

That's what makes it good so far. Might bite them in the rear end at some point the swiftness at which it moves is one of the biggest strengths. We only have 10 episodes of around 30 minutes length. poo poo has to move.

They've been approved for two more seasons now. They have earned a lot of respect and interest from people. Maybe that means tey can slow it down starting next season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

NikkolasKing posted:

They've been approved for two more seasons now. They have earned a lot of respect and interest from people. Maybe that means tey can slow it down starting next season.

No, there's no need to slow it down. That's what's making the episodes pop. There are things actually happening! Important things! In every episode! Keep this pace. There are so many stories to draw from you could go at this pace for 7 seasons of 10 episodes and still have stories left over.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

NikkolasKing posted:

they're going to gently caress it up at some point of course but right now we're in the sweet spot, and it's pretty drat sweet! legit hyped for the 3 part finale.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There's way too much filler in TV. This show sprinting through storylines to make exciting episodes is great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's a preview for upcoming eps.

Cap's shield makes an appearance

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS9KE24gp84

So 'he' is most likely Sinister. Or maybe Cap.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oasx posted:

Oh no they adapted 4 X-Men stories, only another 489204 left before they run out :ohdear:

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Technowolf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS9KE24gp84

So 'he' is most likely Sinister. Or maybe Cap.

gently caress yes

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Can’t believe how good X-Men 97 is

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Did they do Age of Apocalypse in the original series? Because I would like Age of Apocalypse, please. It's what got me into comics to begin with.

Put it in whatever time travel shenanigans, with Bishop, like the original.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Merrill Grinch posted:

Ok I just earned myself a rewatch. Mea Culpa.

A new set of horsemen appeared in the comics many years ago. Maybe the show will do it again too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Did they do Age of Apocalypse in the original series? Because I would like Age of Apocalypse, please. It's what got me into comics to begin with.

There were the ‘One’s Man Worth’ eps in S4. They were actually the original inspiration for AoA, though the story is quite different, Apocalypse wasn’t actually involved for one.

https://www.polygon.com/animation-cartoons/20971782/x-men-the-animated-series-best-episodes-creator-interviews

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 11, 2024

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kinda? Season 4 had a two parter that vaguely adapted it if you squinted hard enough. It used the designs from the Age of Apocalypse X-Men briefly.

I believe that Wolverine and the X-Men was getting ready to adapt that in its second season. But most people don't remember that show (it was good!).

X-O fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 11, 2024

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Sort of kind of, there was a time travel story where Xavier died before he could found the X-Men. But it wasn't the Age of Apocalypse, it was a dystopia where mutants and humans were at war.

e;fb

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Can’t believe how good X-Men 97 is

It's literally so good

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I hope they don't go back on things too quickly. Magneto has his uuuuhhhh issues with consistent characterisation but him dying protecting the weaker mutants is probably his best and most selfless side. I don't want them to walk it back as "no, not a hero, just a mad old terrorist twat"

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
I wonder if an apparently dead Magneto means we'll be getting Xorn?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am wondering if they intend to do some of the usual Wanda themes with Rogue instead. She's all dressed up in red and has that line about spicing up the rules shortly before both of her most important loved ones are killed and she's left holding the reins of enormous grief and enormous power.

I could see Rogue Seeking out Wanda to steal her power to change reality and that becoming House of M. Be kinda cool where she creates a Magneto ruled world where she's his queen and Gambit is alive, but he is aware he's meant to be dead and is all "Cher, Gambit knows this is a lie. Gambit is happy to see you, but Gambit dead. He died how he lived, protecting those he loved the most. Petite, you need to let go" and then we get the No More Mutants bit from Rogue. And then we can get a reverse of the panel of Rogue punching Wanda.

People have been saying that this episode proves that Val Cooper is Mystique due to her reaction to what was going on but I choose to read it as she is for the first time, trueling seeing how humans hatred of mutants has manifested, in a apocalyptic genocide of people who weren't hurting anyone, that were just going about their lives, looking for happiness and contentment like anyone else.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

People have been saying that this episode proves that Val Cooper is Mystique due to her reaction to what was going on but I choose to read it as she is for the first time, trueling seeing how humans hatred of mutants has manifested, in a apocalyptic genocide of people who weren't hurting anyone, that were just going about their lives, looking for happiness and contentment like anyone else.

I think it's more her reaction to Rogue being asked to be Queen. She seemed very invested in what Rogue's answer was. As Mystique would be, but why would Val Cooper care that much?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

You'll be getting Hot Joseph and you'll like it

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Infinitum posted:

You'll be getting Hot Joseph and you'll like it

quote:

The villain known as Holocaust

Oh no.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I could see Rogue Seeking out Wanda to steal her power to change reality and that becoming House of M. Be kinda cool where she creates a Magneto ruled world where she's his queen and Gambit is alive, but he is aware he's meant to be dead and is all "Cher, Gambit knows this is a lie. Gambit is happy to see you, but Gambit dead. He died how he lived, protecting those he loved the most. Petite, you need to let go" and then we get the No More Mutants bit from Rogue. And then we can get a reverse of the panel of Rogue punching Wanda.

I don't think this will happen but it be really awesome. Great idea.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sloth Life posted:

I hope they don't go back on things too quickly. Magneto has his uuuuhhhh issues with consistent characterisation but him dying protecting the weaker mutants is probably his best and most selfless side. I don't want them to walk it back as "no, not a hero, just a mad old terrorist twat"

magneto snapping straight into "we shall not die today wondering if we could've saved more" immediately was so good -- and to save people like leech that're basically the outcasts of the outcasts.

for a show that never uses the word holocaust practically every episode shows how he's never left it behind

eke out fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 11, 2024

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Magneto telling them literally to not be afraid because he actually knew a way out would be very hilarious.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

To this day I don’t understand that twist

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Merrill Grinch posted:

I have the feeling that this will lead into the Horsemen of Apocalypse storyline.

Rubber Chicken posted:

I do recall in the comics that Gambit had been killed off and Apocalypse straight up resurrected him as a Horseman. Apocalypse is always throwing random Horseman teams together, so I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, throw Magneto in there while you're at it.

Oh man, I wonder if we're ever going to get Daken. That could be fun as hell.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At this point it's faster to list the X-Men who haven't been a Horseman

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

I think it's more her reaction to Rogue being asked to be Queen. She seemed very invested in what Rogue's answer was. As Mystique would be, but why would Val Cooper care that much?

I'm talking about the scene where Val Looks up and sees the Kaiju Sentinel just blasting everyone and everything, just murdering any mutant purely for their continued existence. The look she has is "jesus christ, is this how much humans hate mutants?"

Also what if we get Wolverine's X force out of this. Because wasn't that why it was created?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gavok posted:

I do recall in the comics that Gambit had been killed off and Apocalypse straight up resurrected him as a Horseman. Apocalypse is always throwing random Horseman teams together, so I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, throw Magneto in there while you're at it.

Oh man, I wonder if we're ever going to get Daken. That could be fun as hell.

Evolution had Horseman Magneto after he apparently died. I dunno if they'd try that exact same sotry beat again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yecPgWj4jpw

Pyro playing Magneto getting vaporized on rewind and laughing is the best thing ever in an X-cartoon, by the way.

And you know, I've been thinking a lot about if we'd ever get animated Daken. It could certainly justify Wolverine finally getting something to do in this show. Daken isn't nearly as popular as X-23 but of course she had the benefit of debuting in a cartoon while Daken has been stuck in comics. Even still, there are far less popular villains than him and I could see them thinking they could expand his popularity even more by putting him in a cartoon.