Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

colonelwest posted:

There’s almost nothing you could do with his post-GoT storyline. He’s just wandering the north with a bunch of hicks. You could be really cheesy and bring back the White Walker threat, but they were so trivialized and ultimately pointless in the main series that who the gently caress would care?

They should tell small scale stories. He could be a bounty hunter, wandering the north in a cool sleigh. Stop and help wildlings build a snowman. Have a snowball fight with a giant, who then falls in love with him. Give him an adorable sidekick. A kid, maybe

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

First of May posted:

I can't blame them for wanting to do something new/bigger. They are clearly sick of the poo poo they've been doing for the last 20 years.

They should review their reviews of the Star Wars movies. I'd watch a 90 minute review of the 70 minute plinkett review of TPM

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
just remake all of game of thrones with most of same actors but just playing random different roles, having the younger actors play their parents and getting new kid actors. hollywood gots to get that child exploitation pipeline pumping now that the game of thrones and stranger things kids are all growed up. with the quiet on set poo poo perhaps we would come to a reckoning with how hosed up the entertainment industry is for kids but probably not. but yeah have kit harrington play ned stark or some poo poo. and then put george in a norwegian prison and make him finish the books and do a better adaptation the second time around. this sounds incredibly stupid and cope but with zaslav anythings fuckin possible, im spitballin here

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I have never and will never watch a spitballs

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Lister posted:

It was excellent for what it was, although I haven't watched the episodes in over a decade by now. I watched it on tv when I was 12 and thought to myself "a show about clerks is a really great idea" and would have no idea that it was based on a movie until 2 years later when I saw that Clerks was on the AFI 100 years, 100 films list.

Future generations will never know what it was like to randomly discover stuff by watching network tv.

I remember a friend showing me the Clerks animated series, when KS wasn't trash movieman yet, one of the supposedly banger eps, being stoned, with people that enjoyed it and laughed at it, and I'm not sure I cracked a smile

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I have pretty fond memories of Clerks: The Animated Series. How can you hate a cartoon where the second episode of the series was a clip show?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Game of Thrones is dead. Hollywood's increasingly desperate attempts to keep it going aren't going to work.

Remember when pool old George wasn't able to work on the books for like a year because he just "had" to write 5 scripts for 5 pilots for HBO? Even his excuses for not writing were better back then.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Red Letter Media 2024: It's a skit where they pretend to pitch a movie

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Crescent Wrench posted:

I have pretty fond memories of Clerks: The Animated Series. How can you hate a cartoon where the second episode of the series was a clip show?

yeah i have to admit that was brilliant. the "why are we walking like this?" joke pops up in my head at least a few times a year

counterfeitsaint posted:

Game of Thrones is dead. Hollywood's increasingly desperate attempts to keep it going aren't going to work.

Remember when pool old George wasn't able to work on the books for like a year because he just "had" to write 5 scripts for 5 pilots for HBO? Even his excuses for not writing were better back then.

house of the dragon got iron man numbers though. it's probably a good thing that jon snow spinoff didn't work out, i remember reading that kit harrington had to be hospitalized for alcoholism because of how much he hated shooting season 8. he could have ended up like heath ledger in the pill popping clown movie

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not really a throner guy so I can't say anything about the show itself, but loads of people in this very ITT were talking about the hotd. I think the posters are in denial about it

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Anyone saying that GoT was dead after the awful finale doesn't understand that once an IP reaches a certain level of fame, it will never be allowed to die and will only be rebooted or added onto until humanity's end.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Fallout TV show not bad so far.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pac and Cheese posted:

it's probably a good thing that jon snow spinoff didn't work out, i remember reading that kit harrington had to be hospitalized for alcoholism because of how much he hated shooting season 8. he could have ended up like heath ledger in the pill popping clown movie

I know the feeling. I had to be hospitalized for alcoholism because of how much I hated watching season 8!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I liked House of the Dragon. Had ups and downs but I watched and was interested in it

However it feels like that was a decade ago and I remember nothing about it now so they definitely didn't strike while that iron was mildly warm

I remember finding out season 2 was years out and even I was like "welp ain't gonna care by then" and then I didn't after a week

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mr. Meagles posted:

I liked House of the Dragon. Had ups and downs but I watched and was interested in it

However it feels like that was a decade ago and I remember nothing about it now so they definitely didn't strike while that iron was mildly warm

I remember finding out season 2 was years out and even I was like "welp ain't gonna care by then" and then I didn't after a week

Yeah I can't remember anything about it other than that one rear end in a top hat targaryan guy played by a dr who guy with a huge dragon

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've returned (sorry). Just found out Fallout is out. I'm going to hate myself but I'm going to watch it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'll probably rewatch season 1 before season 2 comes out, and we're all hoping against hope that that will catch me up to speed

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Fallout is pretty fun

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm not really a throner guy so I can't say anything about the show itself, but loads of people in this very ITT were talking about the hotd. I think the posters are in denial about it

Actually they were saying "hot-d" something completely unrelated to GoT.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Outpost22 posted:

Actually they were saying "hot-d" something completely unrelated to GoT.

like this?

https://youtu.be/zahYUpDgfWs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RIP to OJ Simpson, comedian and star of the Naked Gun films, who turned dead today at 76.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That DICK! posted:

RIP to OJ Simpson, comedian and star of the Naked Gun films, who turned dead today at 76.

The cancer took too long.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OJs greatest crime (besides the murders) is giving the world the Kardashians.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

One could argue the greater crime is still the Kardashians

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

MarcusSA posted:

OJs greatest crime (besides the murders) is giving the world the Kardashians.

Paris Hilton gave the world the Kardashians. (Kim was "Paris's fat friend" in the tabloids before the sex tape broke and started making her famous. Even if Robert Kardashian hadn't been part of the OJ trial, they would still be rich and in those same LA circles to lead to the inevitable cultural doom they represent.)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I think we all wish we were OJ. Someone who can commit a murder, the most obvious murder ever, literally everyone knows you did the murder, but for some reason the jury said you’re cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gutcruncher posted:

I think we all wish we were OJ. Someone who can commit a murder, the most obvious murder ever, literally everyone knows you did the murder, but for some reason the jury said you’re cool

The reason being the incredibly racist police department hosed up large amounts of evidence due to their racism, introducing reasonable doubt to the case.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cubone posted:

they definitely workshopped spitballs a bit. I'm impressed. it's still not quite there but it's not nearly as bad as the first one was.
they cut most of the frame narrative, which is... an interesting solution. instead of trying to improve it, just deemphasize it lol
it makes it feel a bit like nockforce? I assume nobody here knows what that was, but it was this old web cartoon where the dude basically just animated audio recordings of him and his friend bullshitting with each other. I remember liking nockforce. and the guy that made it went on to create o.k. k.o. for the cartoon network, so, not the worst guy in the world to seem like

and the conversation in this one is closer to what's actually entertaining about rlm's off-the-cuff pitches. the conversation feels more natural, like they're treating the pitch a little more straight-facedly, where in the first one you could tell they knew they were being silly and you kinda zone out. one of the boys' strengths is their production-mindedness- the angle that they come at things from tends to be sorta the turning gears of how a movie works and how it gets made. if they're going to reach a tv audience, I think that's a good secret sauce- they know enough about how movies work that when they do this it almost feels like they're describing a real movie

the animator is doing ok too
sometimes fan animators try a little too hard instead of working with the material. they'll like try to do a bit that's... not at odds with the material, per se, but commentating on it or else not having anything to do with it. breaking the hat on top of a hat rule. this dude seems to strike a better balance.
he did miss a couple tricks, I think. one of the most reliably funny gags with this kind of set up is when the described reality spontaneously changes to match its description from the frame narrative. so like when rich asked if it was a period piece set in the 70's, if they had not been depicted as 70's characters up until mike says sure, it'd be funnier. you can beat that joke into the loving dirt, it never gets old. drunk history got like 6 seasons out of it. animator guy almost nailed it in the bit where rich says "heroes... or love interests, whatever." if there was just a fraction more of a pause it'd be perfect. it's good, it just needed a little more breathing room
but it's just little stuff like that

from the first one, I would not have thought that it'd ever get picked up. but clearly they looked at what worked and didn't work and iterated a bit
it went from like no hope at all to "okay, I can actually see why they're still trying this, and it's not just sheer desperation, there is a nugget of potential here"
:words:

Ian Jones Quarterly. Used to make a webcomic called RPGWorld and am always super jazzed when I see his name pop up on a cartoon.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gutcruncher posted:

https://youtu.be/e6yDanmWI1E?si=7Q_nQenQKBerarYI

Sigh.

Siiiiiigh

Edit: just a reminder they threw a fully complete Coyote vs Acme in the trash and are spending money on…this
Just some more on the Coyote vs Acme thing:
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/09/magazine/why-coyote-vs-acme-was-not-released.html

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

It needs to be law that throwing out a complete/near-complete movie for tax write offs should cause it to become public domain and you should be legally required to make it freely available somehow. Say upload to internet archive, or have to mail a BD-R to whoever requests it or something. Even if the customer has to pay for the materials and shipping that sounds very fair.

If tax payers are footing the bill to produce the movie, then tax payers should be allowed to see it.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sure okay posted:

One could argue the greater crime is still the Kardashians

in the end, he added more LA people to the world than he took out, and now he's in hell for it

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Gutcruncher posted:

https://youtu.be/e6yDanmWI1E?si=7Q_nQenQKBerarYI

Sigh.

Siiiiiigh

Edit: just a reminder they threw a fully complete Coyote vs Acme in the trash and are spending money on…this

Hahahaha the loving music :wtc:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
los angeles is an affront to everything good and decent in the world and will be much better off when it breaks off from the mainland and is turned into a prison island in the year 2000

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
According to Star Trek: Voyager it will sink under the ocean due to an earthquake in the 2040s.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well if we split the diffrence, man people in los angeles should really watch out in 2020!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
And that hotel will still be waiting for Warren Zevon to pay his bill.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I used to listen to this DVD review podcast called DigiGods with two paper film critics *check notes* Wade Major and Mark Keizer a long time ago when dead tree printed movie review was still a thing. They talked about their friends coming to LA and wanted to "do the OJ tour" like visit all the famous crime locations and his Bronco escape route etc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TuxedoOrca posted:

According to Star Trek: Voyager it will sink under the ocean due to an earthquake in the 2040s.

Fingers crossed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

TuxedoOrca posted:

If TNG can't get Irish Reunification right, I don't trust any predictions that Voyager makes.