Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao what in gods name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

wouldn't even clean up my cats vomit with this. somehow more embarrassing than the debacle last night

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

In all honesty, Tony Khan asked Schiavone to tell Perry no
where are you getting this from? tony probably thought using use glass was badass like when he thought darby jumping over his house in a jeep was cool. I mean who else but tony would have given jack the go ahead to rent the car and do the segment?

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 11, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

In all honesty, Tony Khan asked Schiavone to tell Perry no, Perry cussed out Schiavone. Schiavone asked Punk to intervene.

Tony Khan should have told Perry no himself, then the issue never happens

if thats true, its an odd choice from schiavone to have punk try to be the mediator in that situation imo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

In all honesty, Tony Khan asked Schiavone to tell Perry no, Perry cussed out Schiavone. Schiavone asked Punk to intervene.

Tony Khan should have told Perry no himself, then the issue never happens

I haven't heard this version - source?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pink on Ariel Helwani which I believe because his description of the video was accurate, unless Schaivone comments who I would believe above all

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

NienNunb posted:

I think airing said footage nine months after the fact purely out of spite puts you cleanly into meltdown territory, I don’t know what to tell you Fart Radio.

i guess in the world that cm punk didn't publicly discuss (and lie) about it last week, sure, that makes sense

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Fart Radio posted:

i guess in the world that cm punk didn't publicly discuss (and lie) about it last week, sure, that makes sense

The footage matches his description which part was a lie

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Do you really not see the lie in him presenting himself as a calm and rational actor in the situation when the footage shows that he clearly wasn't

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

It was obviously a bad idea to release the footage but also I'm glad it happened because it was pretty funny and it made Punk look like an even bigger dork.

I think yesterday's dynamite made me realize that I just don't care about tv wrestling though. I buy all the PPVs because it's back to back great matches, but watching 2 hours of tv wrestling just bums me out. It's all bullshit. Squashes, predictable matches interrupted by commercials, skits where a woman thinks she's an old timey actress for some reason, a little beacon of hope in the form of Stokely Hathaway, lights going out, interview with someone who says they won't be wrestling for another 6 weeks, lights going out again, who cares about any of that poo poo.

Still really hype for the next PPV obviously.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

people have pointed out the lies multiple times

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk has told like four different versions of the story, the ones with the most egregious lies were leaked to the dirtsheets immediately after.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

justifying throwing the first blow unprovoked as "can't let you get close" when he was the one to approach and the guy is in no way threatening him is definitely a lie. also "i didn't punch anybody, i just choked him a little bit" conveniently leaves out the two shoves right before that

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also "Samoa Joe told me to stop, so I did" when he had to get physically pulled apart from Jack

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
They should have released the footage when Punk was seeding lies about it in the sheets rather than after he gave almost a word for word play by of it in an interview.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

also can't really say that punk is the most trustworthy source on this when when perry's side was dead-on https://twitter.com/1Stop_Wrestling/status/1778039087670100431

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

He said he got in Jack’s face and bitched at him about “dumb internet poo poo”. He said Jack said “do something about it” we don’t know there was no sound, makes sense I doubt he said “i’m sorry please don’t choke me”. Jungle Jack isn’t some huge coward as far as I know he’s not afraid of Punk. He says he tried to choke Jack, he did.

Punk isn’t some levelheaded, kind guy. He’s a touchy narcissist who attacks people at work. The solution to that is you fight him back. You easily win in a fight against him and the world moves on. This tape made no one look good, no one look cool, but the description was accurate to my eyes.

Well Joe looked cool I guess. Also the tape doesn’t show anything that should have made Tony Khan afraid, dude was deeply exaggerating his personal danger

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
this is the dumbest rashomon adaptation i've ever seen

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If I had over one billion christian American dollars and my own wrestling tv show I would not give a poo poo what some dipshit said about me on a podcast but maybe I’m just built different.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
I wanna hear HOOK's side

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

it is pretty funny that a bunch of people were just standing around drinking coffee. its a living!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

He said he got in Jack’s face and bitched at him about “dumb internet poo poo”. He said Jack said “do something about it” we don’t know there was no sound, makes sense I doubt he said “i’m sorry please don’t choke me”. Jungle Jack isn’t some huge coward as far as I know he’s not afraid of Punk. He says he tried to choke Jack, he did.

Punk isn’t some levelheaded, kind guy. He’s a touchy narcissist who attacks people at work. The solution to that is you fight him back. You easily win in a fight against him and the world moves on. This tape made no one look good, no one look cool, but the description was accurate to my eyes.

Well Joe looked cool I guess. Also the tape doesn’t show anything that should have made Tony Khan afraid, dude was deeply exaggerating his personal danger

Rules of nature

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Everyone just trying to do their job and ignore the lovely co-worker no one likes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The correct thing would have been to shoot punk then and there like a sick dog. Anything else makes Tony look like a bitch and drat do WWE fans hate when you look like that

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

anyway i don't think cm punk was lying simply because his version of events don't make him look good either. i think discrepancies in the story is more likely the byproduct of him making a career of being hit in the head for 30ish years.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Pink on Ariel Helwani which I believe because his description of the video was accurate, unless Schaivone comments who I would believe above all

Punk is the least trustworthy source in all this.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Five minutes before bell time on the biggest show the company has ever run, so emotions and tensions are already high. Tony Khan is not a wrestler. The scene is surrounded by people who are also not wrestlers, including a musical guest and middle-aged production assistants. The monitors and production setup are clearly in a corner. Punk lunged towards Tony at the end of the footage, which also shows that during the fight between two athletes expensive production equipment was jostled and possibly knocked over. Said equipment could have hit him, especially as he was shown again to be in a corner with nowhere to run.

Whatever, people will keep saying this type of post so I shouldn't care, but it's frustrating how the "he did this in a crowded spot surrounded by nonwrestlers and production equipment" angle keeps getting ignored.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I've long criticized AEW's aimlessness and limp booking, but the matches are usually good to great and by historical standards they're doing very good for themselves. This whole debacle is the the first time where I'm seeing things people should start worrying about. None of this will probably matter in the short term because AEW's future viability hangs almost entirely in what WBD does this year. That itself isn't a great place to be, of course, but this Dynamite does seem to be a pivotal moment where Tony has absolutely lost the plot.

Do wrestling promotions and wrestlers get into petty slap fights of varying level of stupidity with each other? Of course. All the time. But you have to know how and when to do it if you want it to come off good. Spending a quarter of your show trolling or addressing your grievances with WWE when they're in the midst of having the most successful week in their history is a bad decision. And we all know people inside and outside the company were telling Tony that these were bad decisions. Just as there were people inside and outside the company telling him his entire handling of this debacle since Punk first signed with AEW were a serious of bad decisions. He's not listening and his instincts towards worked shoot stuff is getting worse not better.

And aside from all that there was A LOT on the show that was entertaining in the "haha wtf are they doing??" way then the traditional "this is good" way. Which is totally fine with me. I liked a lot of late stage WCW. I liked a lot of TNA when it was just random nonsensical bullshit. Booking incompetence and meltdowns are fun. They tend not to be great for business, tho.

Dango Bango posted:

Bank to actual AEW Hell topics - that Mercedes promo segment loving sucked. Terrible all around. Just shelve her like you do everyone else until she can wrestle Tony

Between the bad promo, the goofy ending, and the absolutely baffling and hilarious camera work I think that was the comedy high point of the night, which is saying A LOT.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 11, 2024

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I do not think anything last night was random or nonsensical.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

it was weird how after they showed the video they kept going "brandon, rewind it. show it again"

it took up so much of the show because of that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Morale in the Stinger Splash Zone is at an all time low after QoP was said to be "in the doghouse" after going off-script. However, we are pleased to announce that SSZ has resigned MJeff to a brand new deal.

Qop didn’t even answer my Q and you just stood there and let it happen

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1778471555481166332

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Will Ospreay was excited to throw his career away, contrary to rumors.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

Making a big to do about airing salacious backstage footage on your main show, showing said (widely regarded to be disappointing) footage, and then getting pissed when people start sharing the footage online is peak meltdown behavior, I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us come May.

I am shooting in the dark here, but part of me wondered if striking down the videos was AEW flipping the bird to "journos" who have done nothing but continue to stir poo poo.

Bad reason to do so, looks bad, but it was a stray thought I had last night.:shrug:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Ospreay in the ring hours before the show, carefully honing his craft of cracking weird jokes

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Hearing reports from the VOW Slack that Will Ospreay's career is over. Say it ain't so... 😔

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

tony assumed fans would see punk as he is, an rear end in a top hat who assaulted a coworker. from what i can see the majority sees him as an elder statesman shutting up some whippersnapper who dared open his mouth

tony vastly overestimated his audience

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Podcasters aren't and don't really represent his audience. His audience was in the building

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nothin ghappened at all. tony was wearing his jerk jeans at the table. everything went off without a hitch. ricky starks was seen in a vip suite going wild in celebration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bill Ospreay looks like if they gave Tom Scott the super soldier serum from Captain America