Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spanish Manlove posted:

I used a krait with subsistence+swashbuckler because I thought the grapple thing was a melee ability. Then telesto and a machine gun. Then I drank a bunch of coffee and played as best as I could.

It is, although I don't know if it activated Swashbuckler x5 at the time of release. I think it should?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They went through a couple of cycles of waffling on whether grapple slam counted as a melee and what perks it should or should not activate. There was probably a period during which it didn't for a while

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody know any good methods to one phase the Master Grasp of Avarice boss? I gotta farm up some artifice armor for TFS.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't buy the random repeatable bounties from Party Shaxx

They're bugged. Buying one will put a second bounty in your Pursuits that you can't see in game, and it takes up 1x Pursuit slot and also takes up 1x Party Shaxx bounty slot. If you keep buying these, eventually it will be completely impossible to pick up any bounties from him because you are "full" of these ghost bounties

The ghost bounties never expire. You can see them in DIM, but they don't always appear to be completable. Some just say "Additional Objective"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That's what you get for copying festival of the lost assets, spooky ghost bounties haunting your inventory.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's what you get for copying festival of the lost assets, spooky ghost bounties haunting your inventory.

Just lmao if you think games always use original resources for everything. Even in the 80s games did it.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Dumb question but can you have a single legendary stasis rocket give you both anti overload and barrier from the artifact? I know when guns have intrinsic anti champion perks they can't double dip but I can't find anything about a regular gun using two. I assume the overload perk overwrites the unraveling round stasis perk.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChaosReaper posted:

Dumb question but can you have a single legendary stasis rocket give you both anti overload and barrier from the artifact? I know when guns have intrinsic anti champion perks they can't double dip but I can't find anything about a regular gun using two. I assume the overload perk overwrites the unraveling round stasis perk.

Do you mean a Strand Rocket? Because no, a Strand Rocket with Unraveling Rounds and Anti-Overload will not preform double duty, I believe.

There's some stuff you can do with status effects like Chill Clip, I think, though.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea I meant strand. I didn't think it would work but I was hoping so I could just cover all the anti champion poo poo while solo in the horde mode.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You only get 2 champion types per Onslaught, right? Just have gun for one and subclass verb for the other!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, Onslaught & Into the Light are making quite a splash!

You can tell where people are going to work on their quests & such

why TF is KF so popular? Its a long rear end raid with the biggest damage check and has real mechanics its awkward to carry through unlike VoG/RoN and to a lesser extend DSC.

are the crafted guns just that good?

LOL at Gardens 1%

Surprised VoW is as high as it is

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Waroduce posted:

why TF is KF so popular? Its a long rear end raid with the biggest damage check and has real mechanics its awkward to carry through unlike VoG/RoN and to a lesser extend DSC.

are the crafted guns just that good?

LOL at Gardens 1%

Surprised VoW is as high as it is

I don't think hardly annnyone is actually doing those raids! King's Fall just has a few checkpoints with infinite Taken & rally flag so people are cranking out their Brave Quests

But actually I agree with your question overall. Why tf IS king's fall so popular! I do not enjoy it very much at all in terms of encounters, mechanics, cosmetics, or guns

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
King's Fall is the current farmable raid on the rotator, so that might be skewing things a bit.

Haven't had a chance to try Onslaught myself yet, but I've watched a few streams, and Datto lost the race to first Legend completion because it dropped a Tormentor right next to the ADU on wave 49 for him, lol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/twid-04-11-2024

-The Pantheon: A gauntlet of tweaked raid bosses. With each boss kill your power handicap gets higher and the modifiers change*. 4 bosses at launch, with 1 more round added per week until it caps at 8. Title: :black101: Godslayer :black101:

-HUD change details: there are pictures, but basically they split out critical buffs and debuffs that you need to advance the encounter to top center screen and always-on weapon perks to atop the super bar. Everything else like temporary combat modifiers stays where it was, and there's a new explicit priority system so what buffs can push other buffs offscreen should be more predictable. The right-side buff scroll from the TFS video has been cut and won't appear there at launch

-Incoming weapon rotation changes: Trials loses unexpected resurgence, cataphract, the messenger, igneous hammer. Nightfall loses braytech osprey, loaded question. IB loses jorum's claw, bite of the fox, pressurized precision, swarm of the raven

*rereading this, it may mean that the power handicap is linked to the weekly reset and will permanently increased with each reset while pantheon is live

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 11, 2024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
With Onslaught, is the enemy random, or fixed per map? I've only done a few and am not sure on a few things. I know I've fought Fallen on Midtown, Fallen on Vostok, and Hive on Mothyards.

As far as I can remember, it's the same faction from wave 1 to wave 50, but not sure if you might randomly get different ones each activity launch

Also I have killed 2 of 3 bosses on the triumph that says "Boss Rotates Weekly" so things seem a bit odd in general. Is the boss fixed for each of the 3 maps? Maybe the original plan was for only 1x Onslaught map to be released each week :barf:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

With Onslaught, is the enemy random, or fixed per map? I've only done a few and am not sure on a few things. I know I've fought Fallen on Midtown, Fallen on Vostok, and Hive on Mothyards.

As far as I can remember, it's the same faction from wave 1 to wave 50, but not sure if you might randomly get different ones each activity launch

Also I have killed 2 of 3 bosses on the triumph that says "Boss Rotates Weekly" so things seem a bit odd in general. Is the boss fixed for each of the 3 maps? Maybe the original plan was for only 1x Onslaught map to be released each week :barf:

In my experience it's chosen randomly at activity launch and fixed for the duration. You can get Hive on Midtown too

I'm really surprised they launched with all 3 available at once, I'm not sure what's supposed to inform your choice of arena if you aren't in a premade with an agreed-upon goal

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/twid-04-11-2024

-The Pantheon: A gauntlet of tweaked raid bosses. With each boss kill your power handicap gets higher and the modifiers change*. 4 bosses at launch, with 1 more round added per week until it caps at 8. Title: :black101: Godslayer :black101:

Lol everyone's going to have to learn how to play Riven legit and/or how to not gently caress Rhulk's callouts up

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The spoiler below is all of the information we have on Pantheon

So if you click on the spoiler you'll see all of the information on Pantheon, that we have

Don't click on it if that is the kind of thing you don't want to see or know

4 Different selectable modes/difficulties:
The Pantheon: Atraks Sovereign
(First 4 Bosses, +5 Power)
The Pantheon: Oryx Exalted
(First 5 Bosses, +10 Power)
The Pantheon: Rhulk Indomitable
(First 6 Bosses, +15 Power)
The Pantheon: Nezarec Sublime
(All 8 Bosses, +20 Power/Contest Mode)

8 Raid bosses in order:
Golgoroth (KF 3rd)
Caretaker (VotD 2nd)
Zo'aurc (RoN 3rd)
Atraks-1 (DSC 2nd)
Oryx (KF 5th)
Rhulk (VotD 4th)
Riven (LW 5th)
Nezarec (RoN 4th)

It is non matchmade but you are going to be able to use fireteam finder to find a group.
It seems like there may also be new or different mechanics and challenges for the encounters.
All 4 Pantheon modes have a unique emblem that will drop from the triumph after your first completion. (Pictured Below)
All 4 modes have 10% increased Void, Solar, Arc, Stasis and strand weapon damage modifiers.
All modes also have a modifier called 'Shot Caller'
'Landing multiple precision hits with a Primary ammo weapon empowers Special and Heavy ammo weapons. Reduces incoming damage while active.'

The Pantheon seal is called Godslayer and has 10 triumphs:
4x Complete each Pantheon mode
4x Complete each Pantheon mode with a high score
1x Earn points across all encounters in The Pantheon. (1,500,000)
1x Earn points across all encounters in The Pantheon. (3,000,000)

The 4 normal completion triumphs drop their respective emblem and 30 spoils each.

The high score and points triumphs drop adept versions of raid weapons, the weapons include:
Smite of Merain (Harrowed)
Qullim's Terminus (Harrowed)
Insidious (Adept)
Acasia's Dejection (Adept)
Zaouli's Bane (Harrowed)
Rufus's Fury (Adept)

The Pantheon rules are as follows:
• Complete raid encounters in succession. Activate the transmat banner after completing an encounter to progress to the next arena.
• Each encounter has a bonus timer. You earn additional points while the timer is active. Finish the encounter before the timer runs out for additional score.
• Completing encounters, and completing encounters with a high score, grant rewards. Remaining rewards for The Pantheon are tracked on the Triumphs page.
• Arcite 99-40 is waiting at the end of The Pantheon for the Guardians who have completed the "Divine Weaponry" quests.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've gotten both Fallen and Hive versions at Midtown

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Excellent, much appreciated!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

8 bosses in contest mode in a row lmao I’m never getting through that poo poo.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Yea I probably wasn't gonna go that hard at the boss rush anyway but 8 contest mode bosses in a row is definitely not happening. Maybe once if I get carried by goons but I doubt I'd do it enough to get the cool title. Do wonder if they mean the raid exotics when they say exotic weapons though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
8 in a row including almost all of the bosses that have been super hard on Day 1/Contest Mode.

Getting full rewards is going to require finishing it quickly, too, and I dunno about you guys but our raids are usually about 30 minutes of Encounters and 45 minutes of BRB Switching Loadouts & using the can. You won't be switching characters either so it'll be a bit strange to come up with a roster & 7 saved Loadouts to nail those particular bosses

ChaosReaper posted:

Yea I probably wasn't gonna go that hard at the boss rush anyway but 8 contest mode bosses in a row is definitely not happening. Maybe once if I get carried by goons but I doubt I'd do it enough to get the cool title. Do wonder if they mean the raid exotics when they say exotic weapons though.

The answer to your question is in the image below.

Your pick of those in exchange for clearing it once on any difficulty, including the easy mode 4 bosses at +5 power

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Now that is actually a really cool idea

But I'm struggling to imagine how you assemble a group for that outside the most absolute diehard Destiny nerds that are capable of doing them all back to back correctly

Depending on how they set it up with checkpoints and such, it could be a very useful mode for training and learning

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The weekly release/4 difficulty levels will help a lot. Doing Easy Pantheon will get you nice and familiar with 4 of the 8, and then you're just adding in one new boss fight at a time with a slightly higher power delta

(2 new bosses for the final difficulty)

No checkpoints. It's a Timed activity and you get a reduced score multiplier the longer it takes. Of the 10 Triumphs associated with the new Seal/Title, 4 of them are "do each difficulty" and 4 of them are "do each difficulty, Fast"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is just Bungie's latest attempt at making something that not every player is meant to engage with, and I'm sure at some point they'll be pressured into making it more accessible like they always do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

This is just Bungie's latest attempt at making something that not every player is meant to engage with, and I'm sure at some point they'll be pressured into making it more accessible like they always do

Rhulk pictograms replaced with alphabet blocks

Riven replaced with Already Dead Riven

Oryx replaced with Also Already Dead Oryx

Nezarec remains unchanged

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lore wise, onslaught means the pyramid fleet is invading earth. Has that been ongoing since Season of Defiance? Or is this a new development?

And it's just fallen and hive, no Scorn or cabal?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lore wise, onslaught means the pyramid fleet is invading earth. Has that been ongoing since Season of Defiance? Or is this a new development?

Apparently they've been mass murdering people the whole time we were having fun in the olympics

Sorry guys, guess we should've had eyes down instead of eyes up. If it makes you feel better, we're trying to learn what a Guardian is, but it's hard because nobody owns a dictionary

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I think the idea is that they've been dinking around abducting people for Reasons since season of defiance, but now that they know we have a way into the traveler they're redoubling their efforts to be a dick on earth to distract us.
Kinda flimsy but eh, the rest of the justification for the past year of seasonal story has been equally flimsy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think they've been attacking earth since Defiance, but Onslaught is supposed to be like "they're in the last city" or something and represents a sudden surge/strike?

RBA Starblade posted:

Apparently they've been mass murdering people the whole time we were having fun in the olympics

we'll just wish them back with the dragon balls or something.

oh wait wrong series.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 11, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We won season of defiance by blowing up the prison ship, which I guess was enough of a setback to take the pressure off. But yeah, onslaught is a direct assault against what’s nominally city territory (the cosmodrome and felwinter peak are supposed to be pretty nearby)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 11, 2024

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i thought the cosmodrome was kazakhstan while skybox stuff said the last city/traveller were in south america?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reiterpallasch posted:

i thought the cosmodrome was kazakhstan while skybox stuff said the last city/traveller were in south america?

Based on scenery from the Seraph Shield mission the Traveler landed in Chile, yeah.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I'm not so much confused at "what is going on" so much as, "why aren't we making a bigger deal of this!!"

Maybe there are lore books I've been unlocking that get in to this new ground war raging across earth

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's a flimsy story justification for a new mode because it isn't worth trying to work out the details but a buncha nerds would get mad if they just said "look it's a fun horde mode don't worry about it" so this is what we got.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Look man Shaxx broke out the Even Worse Hung Juries for us, what else could stress the urgency

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hooboy is "The Wisper" a slog. I'm sure subsequent weeks will be ok, and at least the mission with a fireteam is < 20 minutes. Maybe they learned their lesson from the Vexcalibur mission!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Rhulk pictograms replaced with alphabet blocks

Riven replaced with Already Dead Riven

Oryx replaced with Also Already Dead Oryx

Nezarec remains unchanged

I'll still gently caress it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Waroduce posted:

LOL at Gardens 1%
Poor GoS really has been left in the dust and desperately needs a loot refresh. I have done all of 3 complete runs myself, one to get Divinity and two to help others get it. Meanwhile I have several dozen clears each of all the others.

It's a pity since it's a really pretty raid setting that deserves more attention.