Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Almost Smart posted:

No one loving carries an infant to term and then gets an abortion for shits and giggles. They wanted that child at that point, probably more than anything else in the world, and something catastrophic happened. We see this story play out over and over and over again, but not once have I ever seen any person put forward by the GOP come and say “oh yeah, I decided that whole baby thing wasn’t for me at nine months so pbbbt.”

When my paternal grandma died about eight years back, she left me a modest inheritance. Since I had been single for nearly a decade and had kinda lost interest in romantic relationships, I decided to use it to fund having a baby, because I like kids and had always wanted to be a mom. But “fertility treatments” are super expensive, and the inheritance gave me the means to pursue parenthood.

So I went to a fertility endocrinologist, bought enough donor sperm for three rounds, and was pretty confident I would get pregnant and have a child. The experience was kinda nightmarish because they constantly wanted blood tests and supplements and poo poo, even though I was pretty healthy and while slightly out of the range of maximum fertility, there was no reason to think I wouldn’t have a successful pregnancy. They didn’t listen to me on my first round of IUI (counted my cycle as the “average” 28 days even though I told them that I’d been more of a 26-day person for years). But on my second attempt I immediately got pregnant.

Two days later, my blood tests showed something was wrong. They concluded I had an ectopic pregnancy. Within the week, I had to go to a hospital I’d never been to before to pick up an abortifacient, drive back to my fertility endocrinologist, and get injected with it to abort the potential baby.

If I’d tried carrying on with the pregnancy, the best case scenario was I’d burst my tube and lose half my fertility. Worst case? I’d still burst my tube, lose half my fertility, and then die of internal bleeding and/or infection like sepsis.

It was horrifically traumatic, and I ended up scream-sobbing on my kitchen floor more than once. Worse still, my cycle went haywire after the abortion, so I had no hope of using my last sperm shot effectively.

Eventually, the clinic threatened to charge me a sperm storage fee of nearly $1000 if I didn’t try again despite my unstable cycle. I couldn’t afford it, so I went in for my last try and it failed.

So all I got from my grandma’s inheritance was a boatload of trauma and grief and the knowledge that some people were fine with seeing me end up dead because “abortion is murdering babies by sadistic harlots and sluts.”

Knowing that there are people going through what I did and worse, and are being denied the quick but traumatizing treatment I was able to receive, is infuriating.

I will never, ever forgive the fat orange pissbaby and his slavering fans for what they’ve done.

Edit: What a dreadful snype for a LOL thread. Sorry, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'M NOT TRYING TO REPEAL THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT*

*please ignore the time I tried to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with a 600 page book of blank pages

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

that's insanely hosed and yeah, the GOP once again proves they are a literal open-faced death cult

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ars Arcanum posted:

When my paternal grandma died about eight years back, she left me a modest inheritance. Since I had been single for nearly a decade and had kinda lost interest in romantic relationships, I decided to use it to fund having a baby, because I like kids and had always wanted to be a mom. But “fertility treatments” are super expensive, and the inheritance gave me the means to pursue parenthood.

So I went to a fertility endocrinologist, bought enough donor sperm for three rounds, and was pretty confident I would get pregnant and have a child. The experience was kinda nightmarish because they constantly wanted blood tests and supplements and poo poo, even though I was pretty healthy and while slightly out of the range of maximum fertility, there was no reason to think I wouldn’t have a successful pregnancy. They didn’t listen to me on my first round of IUI (counted my cycle as the “average” 28 days even though I told them that I’d been more of a 26-day person for years). But on my second attempt I immediately got pregnant.

Two days later, my blood tests showed something was wrong. They concluded I had an ectopic pregnancy. Within the week, I had to go to a hospital I’d never been to before to pick up an abortifacient, drive back to my fertility endocrinologist, and get injected with it to abort the potential baby.

If I’d tried carrying on with the pregnancy, the best case scenario was I’d burst my tube and lose half my fertility. Worst case? I’d still burst my tube, lose half my fertility, and then die of internal bleeding and/or infection like sepsis.

It was horrifically traumatic, and I ended up scream-sobbing on my kitchen floor more than once. Worse still, my cycle went haywire after the abortion, so I had no hope of using my last sperm shot effectively.

Eventually, the clinic threatened to charge me a sperm storage fee of nearly $1000 if I didn’t try again despite my unstable cycle. I couldn’t afford it, so I went in for my last try and it failed.

So all I got from my grandma’s inheritance was a boatload of trauma and grief and the knowledge that some people were fine with seeing me end up dead because “abortion is murdering babies by sadistic harlots and sluts.”

Knowing that there are people going through what I did and worse, and are being denied the quick but traumatizing treatment I was able to receive, is infuriating.

I will never, ever forgive the fat orange pissbaby and his slavering fans for what they’ve done.

Don't apologize for that. That kind of poo poo is awful and horrible and I'm sorry it happened to you, and I don't blame you for wanting to emphasize that for all this thread lols at poo poo, there is a very real human cost for every single day this poo poo goes on.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nothing could kill this guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A 76 year old man with a history of substance abuse problems dies of cancer, this clearly must be the COVID Vaccine and not literally anything else.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Lady can we get more on the health side and less on the nut?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

kazil posted:

Trump doing that thing again where he narrates his angry tweets

That this guy had to set up his own knockoff Presidential backdrop video station after losing the election will never cease to make me laugh

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Froghammer posted:

I'M NOT TRYING TO REPEAL THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT*

*please ignore the time I tried to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with a 600 page book of blank pages

OBAMACARE is the worst! Repeal and replace it! The ACA is fine, though.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Ars Arcanum posted:

:glomp:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Please ignore that he campaigned on getting rid of the ACA in 2016 and almost succeeded in destroying it, but was only stopped by John McCain because Trump wouldn't stop insulting McCain.

Also ignore he was so pissed at that he refused to be around the USS John McCain until the name was covered by a banner.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

#TurboCancer

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

$4 MILLION in fuckin loans? Wtf man.

It was desperately needed to keep from laying off many employees in the totally not fake and made up "consulting firm" owned by said person.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Almost Smart posted:

No one loving carries an infant to term and then gets an abortion for shits and giggles. They wanted that child at that point, probably more than anything else in the world, and something catastrophic happened. We see this story play out over and over and over again, but not once have I ever seen any person put forward by the GOP come and say “oh yeah, I decided that whole baby thing wasn’t for me at nine months so pbbbt.”

To take this a step further. No one "wants" an abortion. They get them because they don't want to live in poverty, or have a rape/incest baby, or have to explain to daddy how they got pregnant at 15 or have to drop out of college or any number of reasons.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ImpAtom posted:

They believe that if they gently caress that chicken then people will blame Biden for failing rather than the people who caused the failure. Which is a pretty workable tactics for pissing off potential Democrat voters TBF.
Yeah, established track record to play into

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

To take this a step further. No one "wants" an abortion. They get them because they don't want to live in poverty, or have a rape/incest baby, or have to explain to daddy how they got pregnant at 15 or have to drop out of college or any number of reasons.
Right, they’re avoiding punishment and control, which is the worst thing in the world to a Republican

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nessus posted:

Right, they’re avoiding punishment and control, which is the worst thing in the world to a Republican

Except for this, of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl3um0Ac6C8

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lucky Guy posted:

#TurboCancer

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Cancer

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Really doesn't look any weirder

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Their whole legal argument is about forgiveness not the lowered payment amounts.

I’m sure you’re right. My cynicism levels have just reached infinity as to whether a judge in a politically significant case will weigh things like “arguments” and “legal precedent” or anything besides their own self interest in 2024

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Ars Arcanum posted:

poo poo, that’s particularly awful, I’m sorry you had to go through all of that. :smith:

My wife has friends/coworkers that haven’t had to suffer the harrowing stuff you did, but also had fertility and pregnancy issues that would go from “awful but livable” to “awful and likely to kill you” under these anti-abortion laws in red states, were they applicable in PA. A tiny silver lining, but she’s been using their tales as a bludgeon to get these women and their coworkers to give up on the apolitical stuff and to get them out to vote.

Tiny, tiny silver linings, I guess.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Thanks for the future nightmares.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

Yeah, established track record to play into

Oh yeah, absolutely. Just saying that there's a reason "Do nothing, fix nothing, obstruct 24/7, let the other side take the blame" is the de-facto playbook for them now.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Scags McDouglas posted:

Lady can we get more on the health side and less on the nut?

when u done healthin but they keep nuttin

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Obviously not the original photo, but every image of them looks like they're reflected on the back of a spoon.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
the biopsy came back. i'm sorry sir, it's turbocancer. you're hosed.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. Both VAXXED!

Coinkydink? #TurbomurderedbyOJ

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Docjowles posted:

I’m sure you’re right. My cynicism levels have just reached infinity as to whether a judge in a politically significant case will weigh things like “arguments” and “legal precedent” or anything besides their own self interest in 2024

It's nothing that's going to happen immediately. There's going to be a trial with arguments etc..

Also Missouri is basing this on the fact that they kind of own or partially own Mohela.

I seriously doubt Mohela will be in the student loan business at the end of the year. Their contract is up IN December of this year. It's probably not going to be renewed and they move to servicing private loans only.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Amazing how OJ eliminated all of the conventional possibilities and had no choice left but to take his hunt for the real killer into the afterlife.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Lucky Guy posted:

#TurboCancer
Like regular cancer but like, totally radical dude

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

hundreds of millions of americans and every time any 76 year old dies, this person is like "i knew it"

shame doesn't work on these people, so ideally i think everybody would say "some dumbass wrote x" and exclude their face and name so they can't get any more hate-dollars or whatever

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fishmasher posted:

hundreds of millions of americans and every time any 76 year old dies, this person is like "i knew it"

shame doesn't work on these people, so ideally i think everybody would say "some dumbass wrote x" and exclude their face and name so they can't get any more hate-dollars or whatever

Somewhere north of 70% of the entire population of the planet is vaccinated against covid. There would be hundreds of millions of people dying if the vaxx was anything like these loons think it is.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely. Just saying that there's a reason "Do nothing, fix nothing, obstruct 24/7, let the other side take the blame" is the de-facto playbook for them now.
I mean that’s the whole idea behind their judicial strategy. Reps just have to appoint judges and cut taxes and let the psychos legislate from the bench.

This is, of course, Joe Bidens fault.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

They forgave WAY too many of those loans. I have two personal stories on PPP loans:

Example #1: Small non-profit greatly impacted by lockdowns. They had to make a huge pivot in the hopes of staying alive. They got a PPP loan about in line with the smallest amount as it was a responsible number they believed that they could pay back if it was not forgiven. The money enabled them to stay alive until lockdowns reduced and went 100% to paying employees that would have been laid off otherwise with business likely folding. It was forgiven and they are back to pre-COVID business.

Example #2: Guy who runs his own construction business got about $1M in PPP loans. Business was never subject to any shutdowns and continued to work 100% through COVID. About 6 months after the loan, the guy sold his house for ~$1M and bought a new one for about $2.5M. It was forgiven.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Serious_Cyclone posted:

CNN's page for watching $DJT nosedive includes a box from some outfit called TipRanks that provides a 0-10 score on whether the stock is expected to underperform or overperform the market average in the future. This thing is perpetually frozen in the range of 4-6 for this stock, "expected in line with market average", and lists pros and cons of the stock. There are 2 pros: (1) blogger sentiment, and (2) technical indicators. I have no idea what technical indicators for an objectively overvalued stock with abysmal revenue figures could exist to boost expectations for its future, so I guess this stock floats entirely on the fact that there are substack nazis who talk about how much they love it.

"Technical indicators" = staring at a graph of market prices and volumes and trying to extrapolate what the stock is going to do based purely on trading patterns, completely divorced from any actual context except Number

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Beastie posted:

It's actually infuriating. You see $180k and think "what a grift" and then you see the 7 figure amounts and my blood loving boils.

I had to scroll back up so I could get mad at the picture again!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Data Graham posted:

Lol @ some loving idiot

lol if that’s not an error in some database somewhere, wheewww laddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
quick update for you guys, just wanted to say that the republicans finally caught the car. they finally caught the car