Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guavanaut posted:

The Extremely Normal distribution.

thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

OwlFancier posted:

The pyf awful graphs thread had a corker of a graph selection which does not inspire confidence in the rigor of the publication

Even the gayest of men simply aren't as eager for cock as the average woman, I guess.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The hyoomon femule is just better receptacled for the masculine phallus in all circumstances.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The massive overlap for gendered toys shows that they really are unnecessarily gendered and most kids will just play with whatever as long as you don't shame them about it.

Of course transphobe island takes the very reasonable radfem statement that toys should not be gendered in the way that they are and warps it into some utter nonsense about how kids are being transed just for playing with the wrong dolls, which is not how anything works.

Tesseraction posted:

the masculine phallus in all circumstances
Ah, Boris Johnson

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

The Extremely Normal distribution.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mossyfisk posted:

Even the gayest of men simply aren't as eager for cock as the average woman, I guess.

Also apparently it is impossible for anyone to identify as anything other than their gender assigned at birth?? Or "men identify as men, women identify as women" which is like, duh?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

mossyfisk posted:

that struck me too and i'm extremely confident it is not true lmao

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

DreddyMatt posted:

Thread having a normal one today.
Solidarity with our trans brothers and sisters, but I don't think getting mad at nj for posting about an interview is the right answer.

you're a complete oval office, too

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

we're all cunts m8 as is our birthright as denizens of the cursed isles

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
nah he's another ignorant, disingenuous shithead who comes to this thread because he thinks we're all big softies so he can chase us around with dog shite on a stick

there's only a few of them but the last half dozen pages has had a lot of good posters pipe up to say they haven't posted here for ages because of them

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've had him on ignore for ages because at best his posts are kind of dull and pointless and at worst he's deliberately being a oval office. Just boot him.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

The less shitlers here the better

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
thank you to the right honorable owl fancier for somewhat restoring order. another IK would be good, were any of us willing. i hope it will roll over to the next thread this time - when we make the summer one we should make that a point of order to check first thing.

Thank you to everyone who read my post by the way! I spent all 8 hours of work today writing stuff for my unison branch instead of my actual job where I have a significant backlog of stuff. I'm very union-brained right now.

Starbucks posted:

I just hope that at some point we will have Rosena Allin-Khan as health secretary. Hey someone brought up that Unison post thing.

As a Band 9000 type when it comes to IT procurement some parts can be quite rigid, and it depends on how you score things in order to get a good response. I personally like to dip costs to quite a low scoring and quality / functional fit higher with the ability to trial systems without contractual onboarding.

Crown Commercial procurement is a bitch but if you do need some assistance on anything give me a yell on PM and can share a couple of things.

I would like to get more involved in union stuff but feel not my place so vibe along unless it’s done thing I can help with.

Oh, I don't do any procurement at all and i'm very glad for it lmao. I'm not entirely sure of the concepts you've referenced but thanks for sharing your perspective, and I apologise if I generalised unfairly!

As for union membership, it sounds like you could join Managers in Partnership (MiP). I don't actually know very much about it though, other than it being affiliated with Unison. Perhaps some other posters could elucidate further!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
If I can volunteer to be IK, if only so that I can go mad with power and start probing people over and over for everything.

Went for a nice trip today and bought my mum her birthday present.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 11, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What did you get her? If you don't mind sharing?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nuclear Spoon posted:

thank you to the right honorable owl fancier for somewhat restoring order. another IK would be good, were any of us willing. i hope it will roll over to the next thread this time - when we make the summer one we should make that a point of order to check first thing.

Thank you to everyone who read my post by the way! I spent all 8 hours of work today writing stuff for my unison branch instead of my actual job where I have a significant backlog of stuff. I'm very union-brained right now.

Oh, I don't do any procurement at all and i'm very glad for it lmao. I'm not entirely sure of the concepts you've referenced but thanks for sharing your perspective, and I apologise if I generalised unfairly!

As for union membership, it sounds like you could join Managers in Partnership (MiP). I don't actually know very much about it though, other than it being affiliated with Unison. Perhaps some other posters could elucidate further!

I volunteer to wield the IK Banhammer for great justice

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

biglads posted:

The less shitlers here the better

Was that the same poster who kept harassing people here to vote for Keith to replace Corbyn?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

What did you get her? If you don't mind sharing?

I got her a nice fancy little terrocotta owl, a bag and a little note book. All from this lady https://alexclarkart.co.uk/

I've been trying to find nice things atm to focus on, as my brain is close to pudding atm.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I approve of terracotta owl, I have a small knitted one who lives in a dish.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I'm planning on picking up a few nice things from my Mrs as well if the time allows in the near future.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

crispix posted:

you're a complete oval office, too

gently caress you glinner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DreddyMatt posted:

lol what

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

awww, I was hoping the probe reason would be "doxxing".

(not because it was true, obvs)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DreddyMatt posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

In future I would encourage you to consider that if I have to probate and threadban a guy to stop him making GBS threads up the thread, it might be a sensible idea to not jump in immediately afterwards with "yeah but he was right though" just to further annoy everybody.

If you enjoy NJAN99's posting very much then I encourage both of you to go post in the GBS thread or something.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Please don't foist them on us either.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i am up for IK - thank you for the nomination, fuctifino

i'll poo poo them :hehe:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I approve of terracotta owl, I have a small knitted one who lives in a dish.

Can I see the small owl? I collect little owl figurines, and I couldn't get a chicken one for my mum. She loves chickens.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Modding Games is actually fine, even if I sometimes find out too much about someone's Rimworld mod collection.

Oh poo poo the new xpac is out today. I've been in That London all afternoon hanging out with my bestie. Bought a book about vampires.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Trying posted:

young adults are legitimately terrifyingly tall now, nutrition science has marched on to the point where I am now in effect one of those tiny weatherbeaten factory workers from the Victorian age, it’s cool

My stepson isn't quite 13 yet and he's already loving taller than me. He's getting strong too, it's making me feel like an old person.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Can I see the small owl? I collect little owl figurines, and I couldn't get a chicken one for my mum. She loves chickens.

Owl:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

crispix posted:

i am up for IK - thank you for the nomination, fuctifino

i'll poo poo them :hehe:

Crispix for President

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
I have a question for people here who probably know more, and it’s a genuine question because it’s not an area I am particularly in - have read and heard stuff from UK media on Cass report and it _seems_ reasonable, but seeing strong opinions against it.

On the general level I have no issue with letting people be and do what they want and who they are, but what is the counter medical info that this is in conflict with?

Feel hesitant asking this, but genuinely asking and interested to know. People here seem to be much closer to this discussion than I am.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Eeeee :kimchi:

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

I give it maybe two days the terfy science writer in the Finnish newspaper of record picks up on that report (the national broadcaster already did), and regurgitates it up as a story or a column with zero critical input. Happened with that one BBC trans story year back already.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

10/10 no notes

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Josef bugman posted:

Have you checked in with fellow Goon Annie for all your miniature chicken needs?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want the owl

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and

stev posted:

I want the owl

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

smellmycheese posted:

Crispix for President

A vote for crispix is a vote for anarchy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mesopotamia posted:

I have a question for people here who probably know more, and it’s a genuine question because it’s not an area I am particularly in - have read and heard stuff from UK media on Cass report and it _seems_ reasonable, but seeing strong opinions against it.

On the general level I have no issue with letting people be and do what they want and who they are, but what is the counter medical info that this is in conflict with?

Feel hesitant asking this, but genuinely asking and interested to know. People here seem to be much closer to this discussion than I am.

The general understanding I have of it is that the report deliberately disregards all the evidence supporting the utility of trans healthcare in order to construct the conclusion that it's dangerous.

On a more personal level I just find it extremely difficult to take seriously the idea that trans people don't want or need healthcare because there are shitloads of people who will very willingly tell you that they do want it, that it helps them when they get it, and that it really sucks to not have it. Like I can't even really understand what a gender identity even feels like but very clearly and demonstrably there are a lot of people who have them and also very visibly and clearly they're not something you can just... pretend doesn't exist if you do have one. And if you have one and it's in conflict with how you look and have to present to the world, clearly and demonstrably that's something people need to be allowed and helped to fix.

There just isn't a good argument to the contrary, they're all just some variation of people just being lovely about gender roles generally, people posting at each other to hype each other up about the infinite cross dressed predatory men who are definitely hiding in the walls of the bathroom just out of your field of vision and the only thing that can stop them is washing your bloody knickers in the sink. Oh and people who are right wing culture warriors who are repeating straight up nazi talking points about how it's a jewish plot to destroy western society.

Like you can see the landscape of the debate pretty easily, I don't think you really need double blind scientific studies to see who to listen to and that's not why I pick the side I do.