Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the best player is still on the board. he's up for grabs on the biggest board in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I thought about taking another DB here. But the Packers want no more run-gashing. Jeff Hafley would be delighted to have Kris Jenkins on that Front 7.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was thinking about taking Jenkins or another DT but everything I read about the second tier DTs was sooooo underwhelming. Like, the Jenkins writeup in The Beast (which has him as the #36 overall prospect!) is all "Well, he's not that big, had unremarkable stats in college, doesn't handle double teams particularly well, doesn't have an advanced pass rush game, and he might not ever have good production in the NFL, but he's got a good motor and an NFL pedigree and he generally knows what he's supposed to be doing"

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

xbilkis posted:

I was thinking about taking Jenkins or another DT but everything I read about the second tier DTs was sooooo underwhelming. Like, the Jenkins writeup in The Beast (which has him as the #36 overall prospect!) is all "Well, he's not that big, had unremarkable stats in college, doesn't handle double teams particularly well, doesn't have an advanced pass rush game, and he might not ever have good production in the NFL, but he's got a good motor and an NFL pedigree and he generally knows what he's supposed to be doing"

Green Bay loves to take guys who know what they are supposed to do and start developing them immediately (Lukas Van Ness, Carrington Vallentine, etc). A Packers pick.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah I guess that's a situation where it helps to know more about the team you're picking for than a vague sense that they need a DT

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

xbilkis posted:

Yeah it is a very rough DT and Edge class. I read that entry too and I was like man, someone's trying really hard to convince themselves here. Not that he's a bad player, just that in most years there would be more promising/productive prospects at DT3 or wherever they have him.

fwiw I like the Morgan pick, he's a good player and in the opposite way to the DTs, I think he would be further towards the top but there's a lot of good tackle prospects this year

Cavauro posted:

the best player is still on the board. he's up for grabs on the biggest board in the world

are you referring to our lord and savior jesus christ

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Oh dang Kris is a lot smaller than I thought he was.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Oh dang Kris is a lot smaller than I thought he was.

How big is he? That's partly why I grabbed Sweat, in retrospect it was probably a reach, but I liked his size.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Third round order has been added to the picks thread OP

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really like the Polk pick, I think he's being overlooked because of how good Odunze is.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

IcePhoenix posted:

I really like the Polk pick, I think he's being overlooked because of how good Odunze is.

Polk will be a monster. A very, veryyyy good WR2 who you can throw fades too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Polk will be a monster. A very, veryyyy good WR2 who you can throw fades too.

He can learn behind Evans and Godwin and takeover as WR2 when Godwin leaves next year.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I love Renardo Green.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Great picks. Pearsall I really like and although I haven't watched Beebe I've heard good things

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
2nd round didn't fall great for Baltimore. Based on who was available Melton is a good pick. I might've gone Malachi Corley, but that's a lot riskier proposition. Melton seems like a contributing depth CB at his absolute floor.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Melton, Beebe and Polk were the three I was looking at picking with the Bucs pick.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

2nd round didn't fall great for Baltimore. Based on who was available Melton is a good pick. I might've gone Malachi Corley, but that's a lot riskier proposition. Melton seems like a contributing depth CB at his absolute floor.

Thanks. I was also looking hard at Beebe until the Lions snaked him.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikings have two picks in the first round and then nothing in the second and third. It really is all about who they get at the top of the draft.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

The Vikings have two picks in the first round and then nothing in the second and third. It really is all about who they get at the top of the draft.

I think I saw that the Jets and Broncos also don't have a second round pick. Do you think the Vikings will trade back to get more picks?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Darth Brooks posted:

Which honesty isn't a bad position if you remove the pressure of having to draft a QB with one of those first-rounders

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

If I had the option, I would be on the phone lines trying to trade Christian Watson to the Chiefs for their second and 2025 fourth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

why would we want that if there are 17 receivers in the top 100

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

kiimo posted:

Because, for whatever reason, KC has a good S&C program. Get CWat back to full strength and get a top 15 WR when healthy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

solarjetman posted:

Thanks. I was also looking hard at Beebe until the Lions snaked him.

That would have been too good to be true. Totally revitalize the line with the first two picks. Honestly think Melton was the clear guy to get with the way the board fell. I'm just terminally Raven brained when it comes to the desire to finally draft unqualified hits at WR.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

Not that the Chiefs would want him but it's not a bad idea for Green Bay to see if they can get something for him. Watson is starting to feel like an afterthought in that offense.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Quiet Feet posted:

Not that the Chiefs would want him but it's not a bad idea for Green Bay to see if they can get something for him. Watson is starting to feel like an afterthought in that offense.

X: Wicks
Slot: Reed
TE1A: Kraft
TE1B: Musgrave
Z: Doubs

Tail Back: Sims

Watson is losing his place. Also, we have Malik Heath, Bo Melton, and our developmental WR Grant DuBose. We need a speedster who can stay healthy.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

God I hope the seahawks trade back and pick up a 2nd in the real draft. Due to the covid year stuff this.drdft has such a great glutton of talent in th 2nd that I've just had to watch go to.teams I hate

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

This is always the issue when people start floating how team X should trade a receiver.

Unless it’s a AJ Brown tier receiver, there’s no way I’d trade away a pick from the first couple rounds. I’ll just gamble on a rookie pick.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

Melton, Beebe and Polk were the three I was looking at picking with the Bucs pick.

Beebe is incredible, I hope he ends up on the Bucs. I also don't think he'll last past the top of the 2nd.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If the 49ers pick in the next hour or so we can wrap up round two tonight.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This is always the issue when people start floating how team X should trade a receiver.

Unless it’s a AJ Brown tier receiver, there’s no way I’d trade away a pick from the first couple rounds. I’ll just gamble on a rookie pick.

With more controllable years/contract

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

I think he'd have a very prominent place if the dude could stay healthy. The fact that he's going around to every expert he can find begging them to fix his hamstrings with his own money is about the reddest flag I have ever seen

That said if the Chiefs traded for him he would play 8 total snaps but every single one would be converting a crucial down in the playoffs because they have a horseshoe that far up their rear end right now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs should trade Skyy Moore for a 3rd all he needs is a new setting

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’d go for a 5 in this draft

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Current players and future picks are two of the major reasons I don't include trades as a part of this whole thing, on top of the inevitable delays where people wait for trade offers. Future picks are basically just ephemera since the same people might not be drafting for the teams the next year, and thus have no reason to not just offer their next four full drafts to move up 3 spots, and same deal with current players. I've entertained the idea of allowing trades of picks within a single draft, but ultimately couldn't figure out a reliable way to fix the delay problem and also I'm too lazy to adjust the draft order to reflect those trades in later rounds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if trades ever became allowed i'd have to boycott the wonderful game.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

No trades keeps it sane.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

Current players and future picks are two of the major reasons I don't include trades as a part of this whole thing, on top of the inevitable delays where people wait for trade offers. Future picks are basically just ephemera since the same people might not be drafting for the teams the next year, and thus have no reason to not just offer their next four full drafts to move up 3 spots, and same deal with current players. I've entertained the idea of allowing trades of picks within a single draft, but ultimately couldn't figure out a reliable way to fix the delay problem and also I'm too lazy to adjust the draft order to reflect those trades in later rounds.

It's almost like you have spent a lot of time thinking about this :thunk: It's fun to fantasize about a full all options on the table draft, but the way you run it keeps things on the rails and it's an offseason highlight every year

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I don't want trades in this. I do love theory-crafting my draft plan tho if their were trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trades would be fun but all the things you brought up are excellent reasons to keep it tradeless on their own merit much less combining them together.