Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i have a problem i need to send my switch controllers in but i cant go without my switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
Over the decades I made it 80% of the way through LoZ: Link's Awakening on several occasions, whether it be actual hardware, GBA, or emulators.
And now finally I'm playing the Switch remake and I might actually complete this game. The tweaks to the art direction are very charming. It's hard to be ponderously grimdark (Twilight Princess) when everyone looks like they're made of matte plastic.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - the 2D sections in the dungeons have the bones of a good follow up to Zelda 2. Like if they made an entire dungeon out of those 2D sections and had you that would be perfect.
I haven't played any of the Oracle games and there's probably some Shantae game that gives me everything I asked for but, I like the Link to the Past world.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Psycho Society posted:

i have a problem i need to send my switch controllers in but i cant go without my switch

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Coffee Jones posted:

Over the decades I made it 80% of the way through LoZ: Link's Awakening on several occasions, whether it be actual hardware, GBA, or emulators.
And now finally I'm playing the Switch remake and I might actually complete this game.

April is the month I am finally finishing Links Awakening and Breath of the Wild. I’m with you!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

hahaha owned!!!!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/krDFltgjLtE?si=_w9YTmyCsg95msCM

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

new controllers are cheaper tho

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

you cant get a sliding scale with Nintendo!!!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hatty posted:

Nintendo

the playing card company? i wonder what they are up to nowadays

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Non Compos Mentis posted:

the playing card company? i wonder what they are up to nowadays

This is a Freiren meme just waiting to happen

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Psycho Society posted:

If you're being serious I can send you a loaner pair of joy cons or if you are playing on the couch, a wireless pro controller style one that you can use while yours is being repaired.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

otter posted:

If you're being serious I can send you a loaner pair of joy cons or if you are playing on the couch, a wireless pro controller style one that you can use while yours is being repaired.

That's really kind of you! I'll be ok though, at least there's therapy

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mister Facetious posted:

This is a Freiren meme just waiting to happen

Do it

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Psycho Society posted:

Get an 8bito M30 and play old retro games on it until the controllers are sent back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSFGgFbkiFI

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Did that person really say they were glad about their kids pneumonia.

What the gently caress.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In fairness it was an epic gamer moment.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pS-G3yVsK4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Slow R-Type

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

super r-type is good gently caress the haters

would rather have 3 tho

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if you want to play r-type 2 there have to be better ports than the lovely rear end super famicom one

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Super R Type is fine but every other one in the series blows it out of the water

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if you want to play r-type 2 there have to be better ports than the lovely rear end super famicom one

What if you want to play R-Type 2 with a couple of stages of 1 mixed in???

In slow motion

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

r-type 2's soundtrack sucks huge butts, it's extremely grating to listen to

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

antidote posted:

Did that person really say they were glad about their kids pneumonia.

What the gently caress.

It was tongue in cheek but it's obviously funnier imagining a goon dad fistpumping while his wife cries reading ever higher fever measurements from an almost comatose kid.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Not a Children posted:

Super R Type is fine but every other one in the series blows it out of the water

this is mostly correct, aside from 2 in arcade

it'd be nice to see a re-release of delta since that game was already at fuckoff prices before the current retro gaming bubble, and 3 should hopefully be added to switch online soon since super is already there

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Slow R-Type

Yeah there's a few of those in here

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've finished all the main quests in TotK and can go wreck Ganandorf but part of me is resisting because I know that when I do I'll put the game down but also I want to do more sidequests and get more armor and shrines and stuff but I also really want to beat the game because my friend got me Mario & Rabbids 2 for my birthday and drat my indecisive brain. Maybe I'll just beat it.

Also it makes me wonder if there was anyone who, without knowing about the presence of the dragons in the game, jumped down a chasm and was greeted with the sight of a dragon's face rising towards them in the darkness because if that happened to me I may have poo poo myself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Also it makes me wonder if there was anyone who, without knowing about the presence of the dragons in the game, jumped down a chasm and was greeted with the sight of a dragon's face rising towards them in the darkness because if that happened to me I may have poo poo myself.

i didn't defecate my pants but it was a cool surprise for me too

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Morpheus posted:

This happened to me but with a Frox and not a dragon.

I did not poo poo myself.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Kassad posted:

This happened to me but with a Frox and not a dragon.

I did not poo poo myself.

I think people may be taking my turn of phrase a little too literally.

But actually yeah I descended into the pitch black, saw the term "OBSIDIAN FROX" show up on the screen, with absolutely no idea what that was and with no way to see it, and oh boy I pretty much panicked and tried to get as far away from wherever the hell I was as fast as I could go.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
First time I saw bowser I shat in someone else's pants

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Morpheus posted:

I've finished all the main quests in TotK and can go wreck Ganandorf but part of me is resisting because I know that when I do I'll put the game down but also I want to do more sidequests and get more armor and shrines and stuff but I also really want to beat the game because my friend got me Mario & Rabbids 2 for my birthday and drat my indecisive brain. Maybe I'll just beat it.

Beat it and then you can come back to it later when you're ready to revisit it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Morpheus posted:

Maybe you are resisting because you are afraid of Ganondorf and know you can't beat him. Tough talk is just talk.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Link KNOWS he can't at beat Ganon, so he's not even going to try!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Morpheus posted:

If it helps with your decision-making, they knocked it out of the loving park with the ending, just high point after high point and with the best music in the game

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I poo poo in toilet, surprises are not required

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

The Maroon Hawk posted:

If it helps with your decision-making, they knocked it out of the loving park with the ending, just high point after high point and with the best music in the game

Alright y'all convinced me. I just got the last piece of the fierce deity and farmed a dragon or two, now I'm gonna go kick dorf's rear end.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Good. I'm glad someone is finally willing to stand up and say it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snake Maze posted:

Good. I'm glad someone is finally willing to stand up and say it.

Hell yeah, check out this cat protecting its person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Give that cat a video game.