Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

moronic hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Oldest Man posted:

this is giving biden way more credit than he deserves, he isn't a bystander to most of the awful poo poo coming to fruition under his presidency, he's been an architect of crime bills, israel policy, etc

it's the defense TV mob bosses use for ordering hits lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

plucky little Biden just couldn't get anything done with a legislative trifecta

vote for him and he will DEFINITELY get it done under a gridlocked Congress

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Biden all "Will no one rid me of this turbulent ruling?"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

:qqsay:

Harvard University, Tufts, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and 10 other schools received failing grades for their policies on antisemitism prevention, according to a new assessment from the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4587901-harvard-tufts-mit-failing-grades-adl-campus-antisemitism/

If you're wondering why Harvard got an F

quote:

In April 2022, a group of protestors chanting “end the occupation” and “apartheid has got to go” disrupted an event with Israeli Ambassador to the United States, Michael Herzog, at the Harvard Kennedy School.

After the October 7 Hamas attack, Harvard Palestine Solidarity Committee (PSC), an affiliate of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), and Harvard Graduate Students 4 Palestine released a joint statement with dozens of other student groups, stating, “we, the undersigned student organizations, hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence” and “the apartheid regime is the only one to blame.”

These groups have reportedly organized multiple protests on campus, including protests during which students have caused disruptions to classes and other campus activities. To date, neither group has been suspended.

Are they trying to water down the definition of antisemitism?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There is certainly a difference between "Roe was struck down while Biden was president, however he did not directly cause it to happen aside from through inaction" and "Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day".

For example, to accurately describe what did happen, you would say "Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shageletic posted:

Absolutely they are, because if Jewish people believe that Jews are unsafe due to """""antisemitisim""""", they'll buy into Israel as a project.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shageletic posted:

They're not trying to water it down they're trying to juice it up

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this is mr hyde amendment we're talking about

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Shageletic posted:

lol wanna see some real poo poo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_antisemitism

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

People have been calling you old on this site for so long they're all now all around the age you were when you first started posting here!

how ironic

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i celebrate the demise of roe v wade

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Excelzior posted:

Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day

been hearing this more and more everyday

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Excelzior posted:

many people are saying this

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Absolutely they are, because if Jewish people believe that Jews are unsafe due to """""antisemitisim""""", they'll buy into Israel as a project.

One of the ten factors for grading you is if you allow groups advocating BDS against Israel or your campus lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Excelzior posted:

this is mr hyde amendment we're talking about

The Strange Case Of Doctor Biden and Mr. Hyde

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dolly recorded an intro to the song that starts with "Hey Miss Honey Bee, this is Dolly P. You know, that hussy with the good hair you sang about reminded me of someone I knew back when"

And then she signed all the checks so she could put them into the bank

are you sure youre not confusing this anecdote with an episode of seinfeld

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

JesusIsTehCool posted:

It's kind of wild that to me that the discussion around Melina Abdullah is about some random tweets instead of all the amazing things she organizes for in LA. In my limited experience involved in organizing around homelessness in LA, she and BLM are probably our strongest allies. Like she wasn't picked because she is a black woman, she was picked because she is an amazing organizer who has legitimate respect of those who she works with.

wait the black lives matters organization in los angeles actually does stuff its not just a scam to solicit donations from self hating white liberals

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Olivia, it’s me again, uh I don’t think that’s objectively different actually and I think would call the cop that just stands there an “accomplice” or something and I uh don’t think you want to be considered someone’s accomplice because it means you are on the same side basically

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Very true. The administration keeps playing PR games where they say poo poo like, "We want a permanent ceasefire for six weeks!". A very stupid strategy, since around 70% of Americans are watching the Gaza situation closely, and they'll notice when no progress is being made.

what no where do you get these crazy ideas we know the biden administration is very serious about forcing an immediate stop to the violence because theyve been saying this for six months now

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the president is only responsible for the failings of the American government if they're directly his fault. and possibly not even then. the buck stops somewhere over there

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

:nice:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

docbeard posted:

been hearing that Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day more and more

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

docbeard posted:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

did they eliminate the filibuster so they could do the poo poo they pretend they want to do? lol never

For some stuff they don't even need to!

They could just let the wiretapping authority expire!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The real question is if Biden isn't responsible for Roe being overturned, why does Obama get credit for legalizing same sex marriage?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

been hearing that Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day more and more

I am currently seeing this reported by multiple independent sources.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Liberals think there's a movement behind Biden, but turns out that it's the one Joe just did in his adult diaper.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gah!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Automata 10 Pack posted:

oh, so it's only cool when matt did it on hell of presidents

no there's a 3 hour shane gillis and louis ck rate every president in order that is also cool

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

World War Mammories posted:

I also heard this, because it's true. More people should talk about how Joe Biden deliberately caused Roe to be struck down and is happy that it happened and threw a party that day

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i need to know what food was served at this Presidential party before I can judge it. was it piles of cold hamburgers? if it was piles of cold hamburgers then Biden is clearly evil.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
so i guess biden might be using an executive order to limit asylum seeker entry?

lol

lmbo

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Shageletic posted:

Yes they are. It will be bad for Jews but good for Israel so that's what they're doing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ELTON JOHN posted:

so i guess biden might be using an executive order to limit asylum seeker entry?

lol

lmbo

wait so am I supposed to vote for this fascist or the other one in november?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The United States is also facing the election of a genocidal rapist fascist, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Been seeing a lot of unsubstantiated rumors going and around and I wanted to clear the air: Joe Biden caused roe v wade to be struck down, is happy it happened and threw a party the same day. Any reports the contrary are without factual merit.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

docbeard posted:

The United States is also facing the election of a genocidal rapist fascist, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I am currently seeing this reported by multiple independent sources.

If it's not true, why do people keep saying it?

We need further investigation into why Joe Biden caused roe v wade to be struck down, is happy it happened, and threw a party the same day