Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i always wished they would have leaned more on what if NPR but in stalker/more of like a Twilight Zone-style radio broadcast show instead of a serialized YA drama about being gay in the desert (nothing wrong with that)

but yes there were tons of people dressed up as glowing clouds and stuff so clearly they got a big audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the one thing that has always kept me from listening to nightvale is all the fuckin ads in the podcasts. I recently listened to a unrelated podcast that had maybe 6ish mins of ads for like a 30min long podcast like gently caress off.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Quotey posted:

lol what ep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=908jj1g0G2A

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Something Rotten doing a season on Disco Elysium: Cool, good, can't wait to listen!

Blake Hester going bitchmode and almost cutting off the playthrough and the season because there's a cumtown reference in the game and they spend 30 mins+ of the first episode talking about dirtbag left drama from 5 years ago: uncool, bad, makes me want to chuck my phone out the window.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Retromancer posted:

Something Rotten doing a season on Disco Elysium: Cool, good, can't wait to listen!

Blake Hester going bitchmode and almost cutting off the playthrough and the season because there's a cumtown reference in the game and they spend 30 mins+ of the first episode talking about dirtbag left drama from 5 years ago: uncool, bad, makes me want to chuck my phone out the window.

oh my god kill me

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Retromancer posted:

personally, I liked Virgil's and Dasha's performances

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bedpan posted:

personally, I liked Virgil's and Dasha's performances

:same:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i forgot who virgil was but dasha did actually do a great job

felix and will were particularly bad

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Retromancer posted:

What makes someone like this?

e: Dasha was pretty good in Succession. I guess she can act?

Stav's ex is going to win an award, she's become a very good actress.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Those two roles were a lil bit method. But yeah I genuinely prefer Dasha Klassji and Virgil Gay-Balcony-Friend

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

anyone else play through the entire game at release and never notice the chapos in there

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

nah nah nah nah nah nah

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Maya Fey posted:

anyone else play through the entire game at release and never notice the chapos in there

I heard Matt Crispman loud and clear

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Blake almost turned the game off after the cops on the radio called Harry "Dick Mullen."

I didn't even catch that as a cumtown reference until listening to the episode.

I don't even know what his beef is with cumtown other than not finding it funny, which, fair, cumtown has a very narrow base of appeal, but get over yourself.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

What makes someone like this?

If you believe in the red-brown alliance Dasha is the only person you can point to as an example.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Retromancer posted:

If you believe in the red-brown alliance Dasha is the only person you can point to as an example.

Bless her for it

selec
Sep 6, 2003

trueanon are real as gently caress for digging up old movement heads and telling their stories.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Retromancer posted:

Blake almost turned the game off after the cops on the radio called Harry "Dick Mullen."

I don't even know what his beef is with cumtown other than not finding it funny, which, fair, cumtown has a very narrow base of appeal, but get over yourself.

Lmao I was reading this thread wondering wtf the cumtown reference was and didn't put it together until you spelled it out

I cannot even imagine caring, at all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Retromancer posted:

cumtown has a very narrow base of appeal, but get over yourself.

one bajillion ppl listened to cumtown

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Goddam. Even after multiple playthroughs, I never put that together...

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Samuel Glompers posted:

Lmao I was reading this thread wondering wtf the cumtown reference was and didn't put it together until you spelled it out

I cannot even imagine caring, at all

If you're a lib (Jacob Gellar and Blake Hester are very lib) then you have to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR at ALL TIMES that you are not an evil class reductionist.

Also people consider cumtown a dirtbag left podcast which I never understood.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Smythe posted:

one bajillion ppl listened to cumtown

i named myself nick mullen on discord for a bit like 2 years ago and i kept getting PMs from ppl on some of the most random servers i was on to take my meds

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Retromancer posted:

If you're a lib (Jacob Gellar and Blake Hester are very lib) then you have to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR at ALL TIMES that you are not an evil class reductionist.

Nick was DSA President for awhile.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Son of Sorrow posted:

What does the Dick Sucking Administration have to do with leftism?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
dick sucking association

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
there's no room for scary movie on the left

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Son of Sorrow posted:

he was fired after he threw a person in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
didn’t really like the Jacques chapo ep. sorry all.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Smythe posted:

didn’t really like the Jacques chapo ep. sorry all.

He talked poo poo about James Cameron. Matt will be issuing a fatwa shortly.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
cum town is explicitly political (racist) which is why we like it

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Retromancer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvgwrdqwvk

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://x.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1778508090402386027

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

cum town is explicitly political (racist) which is why we like it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Cumtown, much like chapo trap house after 2016, is a dirtbag centrist podcast

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Libs of tik tok not content to ruin Tanya from trillbillies' life is now going after Aaron

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
lol she can implicitly call for violence on her enemies, but no else can.

stupid scumbag

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I just listened to The Worst of All Possible World's episode on Sam Shepard's "Buried Child." I have never seen a Sam Shepard play before, and now I think I never will. Holy moly, this play sounds like a joyless slog.

(good episode of a very good podcast though)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
New QAA logo is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1778549062213554534