Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

If hook was dumb enough to say he doesn’t want to explore free agency when his contract expires, I would be actually disappointed

You don’t go into a contract negotiation saying “this is the only place I want to work”, you go in saying you have options

You say that somewhere is the only place you want to work when you are hosed and jobless like me, or when you are beyond giving a gently caress like Adam Copeland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Huck Hockson will have a reasonably good match with Logan Paul next year.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

rats leaving the stinking ship

Turn your monitor on

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hook has all the potential in the world, I'm sure spending 12 years stuck in the lower midcard feuding with Commander Aziz will do wonders for his portfolio

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Looking forward to Hook getting the exact same booking Taz got in WWE, every week he gets someone in Redrum and that person mule kicks him in the nuts

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hook will choke Heyman

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

super macho dude posted:

Hook has all the potential in the world, I'm sure spending 12 years stuck in the lower midcard feuding with Commander Aziz will do wonders for his portfolio

He's Dabba Kato again, I think

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I believe he is unemployed, whatever he is going by. We need to pick a new WWE jobber to joke about. I suggest Ricochet.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

explosivo posted:

It's honestly pretty crazy how many potential match announcements between currently contracted AEW wrestlers there are that'll make sickos like us froth at the mouth in anticipation. Like it's such a stacked roster you can throw darts at a board and probably get a couple first time ever dream matches that could main a PPV.

Remember when during like, the first year of AEW, they barely ran any rematches at all and almost every match was one they hadn't done yet?

That was a fun time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bummer that AEW is a dead company that fumbled hook. I was enjoying that short period where the feeling was back because they announced Will and Claudio

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is it true about the danielson making GBS threads himself stuff that's going around? didn't watch the ep yet

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vandar posted:

Remember when during like, the first year of AEW, they barely ran any rematches at all and almost every match was one they hadn't done yet?

That was a fun time.

It was also at a time when WWE was doing rematches week after week. And AEW doing a rematch was enough where they actually hyped it up as a rematch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

is it true about the danielson making GBS threads himself stuff that's going around? didn't watch the ep yet

Tell me when I'm telling lies

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Hook would like to earn the most money possible on his next contract.”

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Vandar posted:

That was a fun time.

Isn't this still this case like 80% of the time? (Hanger v Swerve notwithstanding)

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1778536282236629298

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

bryan pooped his pants and turned to the camera and said aint i a little stinker?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Joey McChrist posted:

he eats natto for breakfast now japan fixed him thankfully

I hope Claudio tosses this stinky soybean motherfucker into the sun

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Joey McChrist posted:

bryan pooped his pants and turned to the camera and said aint i a little stinker?

He's in the right company

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Taxman posted:

Isn't this still this case like 80% of the time? (Hanger v Swerve notwithstanding)

Like 70% I'd say. A great deal of their matches are still first-time-in-AEW deals, but they still have rematches a quite a bit more than they used to.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:geno:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Just now catching up on AEW with Collision and oh my god Butcher is SO RED

Also lmao at Tony completely no selling Nigel's dyslexia joke

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

“Hook would like to earn the most money possible on his next contract.”

he's leaving just like Randy Orton was gonna leave the fed when he did this!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

itsnews posted:

Schiavone probably feels awful allegedly being the catalyst for the Punk/Perry situation, so yeah he was probably bummed to have to relive it.

I was trying to read more about this last night, but I was having trouble understanding what happened. Is the story (from Punks POV) that Schiavone asked him for help with Perry and thats what lead to the fight? I saw that Schiavone said he didn't really want to talk about it, but I didn't see what Punks quote was.

It's really sad because man Punk used to be the hottest thing in wrestling and to see his just loving fall from grace in real time was staggering. Literally the only AEW shirt I have is Punks first shirt. But with this footage being aired I'm thankful that I don't have to waste another second thinking about him.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

thank you tony i asked for this

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

It's really sad because man Punk used to be the hottest thing in wrestling and to see his just loving fall from grace in real time was staggering. Literally the only AEW shirt I have is Punks first shirt. But with this footage being aired I'm thankful that I don't have to waste another second thinking about him.

unfortunately he's still the hottest thing in wrestling, because no matter what was aired, everyone had already decided that aew was small and lovely

the opening point of the ftr promo was completely lost on everyone

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Vandar posted:

That was a fun time.

I don't know if it would be good for the ratings, and I don't care because only melvins care about the numbers, but I've been saying they should slot in one match every collision that's a match between wrestlers who have never wrestled before. It doesn't need to just be matches with 0 build, you could have people call each other out, you could even use it to have some matches between tag partners and let the people lower on the card show their skills by wrestling against main eventers.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

This is a match I'll enjoy but maybe let Lee Johnson win? Shibata can take a singles loss.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

fez_machine posted:

This is a match I'll enjoy but maybe let Lee Johnson win? Shibata can take a singles loss.

wrong lee

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fez_machine posted:

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thats AEWs new signing, "Tiger Style Pro" Lee Johnson

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I was trying to read more about this last night, but I was having trouble understanding what happened. Is the story (from Punks POV) that Schiavone asked him for help with Perry and thats what lead to the fight? I saw that Schiavone said he didn't really want to talk about it, but I didn't see what Punks quote was.

No, Punk just said that everybody else including Schiavone had tried to talk Jack Perry out of using real glass and that in doing so Schiavone had ended up getting screamed at by Perry.

That’s when Punk decided he had to step in as the only adult in the room to declare that he wasn’t letting him use real glass on his show and he’d have to wait until Wednesday if he wanted to do it, with the implication that the only reason Perry was trying to do the spot on Collision was because he didn’t want to go to work on Wednesday (which is different again from the originally leaked story that Perry was just wanting a big spot to get written off tv for an agreed vacation).

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

fez_machine posted:

Shibata should never lose under any circumstances, let alone to this jobber

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Not saying it isn’t true, but why would anyone ever say anything different? Get money.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

gently caress it's even in the image

keep getting my under pushed Lees confused

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what is going on with hook's jaw in that picture

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
got bit on the chin by a big ol' rattlesnake just before coming out

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
hey uh maybe I am failing at my searching abilities but I cannot find a clean uploaded copy of the theme song for shane taylor and shane taylor promotions

even the official AEW account seems to only have clips of it

what's the deal with that?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i think dynasty is going to whip rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

History Comes Inside! posted:

No, Punk just said that everybody else including Schiavone had tried to talk Jack Perry out of using real glass and that in doing so Schiavone had ended up getting screamed at by Perry.

Thank you!!

Captain Foo posted:

i think dynasty is going to whip rear end

I deeply regret not buying tickets to go. It's only a 4 hour drive :(