Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

does she have glasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Meowywitch posted:

does she have glasses

Jade? No. We've seen her already in 2.1:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I hope more characters are introduced with increasingly large hats

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

:hmmyes:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You must have loved the Everflame Mansion.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Jade? No. We've seen her already in 2.1:

hat

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I feel like Jade is gonna get a lot of love, she's voiced by probably Mihoyo's most wanted voice actor

(for reference, their first game was designed on the Misato Engine)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm glad Sigonia is totally useless as a set because I get free 5* fodder for all of my relics that are good, whilst farming better Izumo stuff for Ach

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m a sucker for a Problematic Woman with an Impressive Hat so I’ll be throwing all my jade at Jade when she comes around.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
gimme characters with huge hats and even bigger swords

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sam Sanskrit posted:

What’s boothills deal gameplay wise? I feel like it is really hard for me to want a Hunt most times in this game. The AOE characters do really decent single target and seem generally more playable. I’m not sure what the sales pitch on him is.

his big thing is that he scales almost entirely off break effect, even getting crit stats from it. like his break effect scaling caps out at *300%*. this makes him kind of easy to build compared to a lot of characters and means if you have anything laying around like an attack/speed/crit dmg/break effect piece that rolled into break effect 4 times, hes going to love that.

beyond that his showdown mechanic is very universal due to the phys weakness implant. hes gonna be pretty useless in pure fiction but he seems like a character that works with most supports and deals very good single target damage, so he can deal with most big bosses in moc. his pitch seems to be that if you want a solution to hp sponge bosses in moc, hes easy to build and has no particular restrictions and obviously works off element. like you'd think he'd need ruan mei due to the break thing but he seems fine without her, tingyun and other 'f2p' supports work fine.

hes also a pretty generic damage dealer so he works with most 4* hunt lightcones, like swordplay, sub for more, and the new Final Victor one thats f2p. there's no hunt break effect lightcone sadly but thats fine. relics-wise shooting meteor is prooobably his best set and theres a ton of random stuff that spits out that set so you might even have good pieces for him laying around. like i said, pretty painless to build.

doesnt seem like a must-pull, more a onestop solution to a fairly common thing.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 11, 2024

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I'm glad Sigonia is totally useless as a set because I get free 5* fodder for all of my relics that are good, whilst farming better Izumo stuff for Ach

I was hoping the set piece would be good for Himeko / Herta in PF but I can't say I've gotten anything worth replacing the Rutilent set I already farmed for them. Ugh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/nemu_etoile/status/1778418927946584287

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
lol at Caelus just being into it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hoyo is definitely pushing break teams after ignoring break effect for most of 1.x. It seems like a smart idea to invest in 1 break focused dps. Whether that's Xueyi, Acheron, or Boothill is up to you. But MoC 12 is probably going to continue to get spongier, especially now that Acheron exists. And maybe Silver Wolf plus mono element teams are still viable?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Acheron isn't a Break Effect dps.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No, she isn't. But her ult ignores weakness type, and she's so overtuned that she'll be able to brute force anything for a long while. She's the new Jingliu, and probably most MoC 12 content will revolve around her for the bulk of 2.x.

Basically, it's Acheron or Break. Anything else will probably become increasingly difficult.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

They’re cycling which archetype to push, they did DoTs, FuA, Break, it’s just whoever’s turn.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I hope we get a break effect path in SU soon.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I wonder which Aeon that would be.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Clarste posted:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm beginning to think I just don't have the power to full clear this one. Not having Himeko or Topaz, or Argenti, or even Welt... really sucks, lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Level up Herta.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

Level up Herta.

uhhh she is. wtf. why isnt she in there.......

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im sure theyll come up with other archetypes also. like you could easily just invent, genshin style reaction characters. fire character that does bonus damage if the enemy has shock applied to them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I'm beginning to think I just don't have the power to full clear this one. Not having Himeko or Topaz, or Argenti, or even Welt... really sucks, lol

Herta didnt even do anything...I dont really understand what happened here. Is it really this RNG sometimes?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

depending on stuff like effect hit rate and crit ratios it can definitely be a bit rng

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
But also replace Guin with someone useful like Asta.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Keep Gui and replace Fu Xuan. Unless people are just dying quickly, sustains are a bit of a hindrance.

Or throw 30 pulls at the standard banner so you can select Himeko already.

Edit: I just noticed you got the 60k. Good poo poo.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I stopped running sustains in PF, more damage is almost always more beneficial than sustain in that mode.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

Enigmata just because I want to hear more about them.

Terminus might be fitting though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bussamove posted:

I stopped running sustains in PF, more damage is almost always more beneficial than sustain in that mode.

Gallagher and Luocha are good for breaking. I guess Fu Xuan can be as well, but she doesn't really bring any damage. Once you remember that you don't need everyone alive for full marks, it's easier to forgo the sustain and let people drop.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
At the rate PF is beefing up, I fully expect them to ratchet MoC down to 6 turns for full clear to bring the two modes into full parity before too long

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Fu Xuan can give passive damage since she can give team crit% and critdam, and at least has an AoE ult to help clear squishys
and some of the later FP do have some annoying RNG CC aspects, so she can deserve a spot when you can't afford any spare SP

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Fu Xuan can give passive damage since she can give team crit% and critdam, and at least has an AoE ult to help clear squishys
and some of the later FP do have some annoying RNG CC aspects, so she can deserve a spot when you can't afford any spare SP

I actually tried running her in the most recent one against Cocolia, but I just didn't have enough burst. It still amuses me the team I put together to take her down.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

falcom games had such good music

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So this triple relic event gave me an upgrade to Jing Yuan's orb, and 1 almost decent Izumo piece with poo poo subs. And another Belobog er rope, so I have 3 now.

Jing Yuan's orb has poo poo subs, but at least it rolled crit damage for an extra 16%. His last one had all flat subs. Bleh.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eej posted:

But also replace Guin with someone useful like Asta.

My Asta is unbuilt and has no Eidolons

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 12, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fu Xuan has very pretty eyes. I'm jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I love this poo poo. Always makes me smile.