Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

emSparkly posted:

I skipped past the last 5 pages right to here and I am not looking back.

Totally not worth it, good call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/terronk/status/1777912059839357159

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I don't think that is true, especially in terms of LGBTQ rights, voting rights, healthcare access, and many other things.

Putting aside immigration, which has GREATLY turned more conservative than the Dems position in 2000, I/P, and war making abroad (a good section of the Dem party platform.in 2000 castigated Bush for his missile defense funding for example), there's been a big perceptible shift as the last of the LBJ Great Society types (Ted Kennedy) types died off or been cooped by various industries (Pelosi ran on M4All in her first election for example). Just looking at the previous platforms dating 20 years and back I was struck by the amount of new programs being mentioned like after school funding or letting people shift over to Medicare (in 2000 and 2004, I belieive).

There's been an attendant shift the other way for gay people. I'd say that was the exception

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile in Congress

quote:

Today, U.S. Congresswoman Debbie Lesko (AZ-08) introduced the Hands Off Our Home Appliances Act to reform the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) procedures for issuing energy efficiency standards for home appliances.

“Under the Biden Administration, the Department of Energy is unleashing an avalanche of new regulations for household products, including stoves, dishwashers, washing machines, showers, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, heat pumps, and furnaces,” said Congresswoman Lesko.

“My bill will stop federal bureaucrats from banning popular models of appliances and products in our homes and raising costs for middle class families. I am proud to again stand on the side of choice for American consumers.”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meanwhile in Congress

lol dammit I was just about to post this

Republicans desperate to pass HOOHAA

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wasn't Biden the one who came out supporting gay marriage in some press conference and then Obama just had to kind of go with it? Am I imagining that?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mad Hamish posted:

Wasn't Biden the one who came out supporting gay marriage in some press conference and then Obama just had to kind of go with it? Am I imagining that?

I think they had intended for Obama to be the guy who said it first (it was a policy reversal, I believe) but Biden always comes first, Jack

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Meanwhile in Congress

The HOOHAA bill?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Meanwhile in Congress

Debbie Lesko is literally the daughter of the question mark suit dude Matthew Lesko who wrote the books about how to use government programs funds

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sir John Falstaff posted:

By what measure is the current Democratic Party more right-wing than the Democratic Party under, say, Obama or Clinton?

Via the holy order of hyperbole.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yes? Oh.

Watters is monologuing about the oj trial right now and said "sometimes a trial is used by the people to send a message, regardless of the evidence" which I assume is aimed at influencing potential jurors for a Trump trial.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yes? Oh.

Watters is monologuing about the oj trial right now and said "sometimes a trial is used by the people to send a message, regardless of the evidence" which I assume is aimed at influencing potential jurors for a Trump trial.

Given his usual audience, I'd say it's safe to say he's floating the jury-nullification trial balloon now before selection starts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nice summary

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

sharknado slashfic posted:

I still think it's funny that the LAPD got caught trying to frame a guilty man.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

would it be cheaper and better for everyone if we just made a little presidential simulator village where Trump can live under secret service watch, thinking he is still president?

Declare Florida a separate country and make Trump their Idiot King for life. Win/win for everybody!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Mad Hamish posted:

That's what I recall. Obama had some wishy washy prior statements and Biden kinda forced his hand.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol is this what right winger arguments are like? I'm more trad than you dorks!
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1778577084069400684

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Who knew “pro lifers” were huge petty loving assholes

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I used to watch that show all the time for some reason, maybe because it was the only thing on at the times I was watching.

It was kinda dull, but in a comforting way.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Kramjacks posted:

It was kinda dull, but in a comforting way.

Yeah that's exactly how I'd describe it, a cozy show but a little boring. At least 90% of the stuff he made was just a joke so it had a goofy thing going for it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Captain Fargle posted:

People have very much memory holed just how backwards Obama was on all kinds of queer issues when he got elected at first. It took a lot of work from his kids throughout the term in order to convince him to come around.

Absolutely, but funny enough it was Joe Biden who forced Obama's hand and made him come out in support of gay marriage by going on the Sunday talk shows and just declaring the administration supports gay marriage.

It was funny watching the administration first try to scramble and say they don't support it and it was just Joe talking about his personal feelings before realizing that genie is out of the bottle so might as well support it.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Stink Billyums posted:

lol is this what right winger arguments are like? I'm more trad than you dorks!

not always. i have also seen them argue about who is more chad.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

dervival posted:

Tai posted:

What's her SA account name
CharlestheHammer, presumably

We can mock her without hate speech, please.

Strong Sauce posted:

Let's try to pull up from doing the Left's favorite activity. Attacking other leftists.

(Oh god please Donald Trump save us from ourselves and commit get caught committing another crime)

FTFY

Buce posted:

new plan for the yucca mountain waste repository

Nah, we can still use it for nuclear waste at the same time.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

They were referring to the child's mother.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Esplanade posted:

Declare Florida a separate country and make Trump their Idiot King for life. Win/win for everybody!

Climate change is going to do it anyway, may as well get started early

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Vampire Panties posted:

Climate change is going to do it anyway, may as well get started early

I own a house in Tampa in zone X and my retirement plan is to watch the letter rank keep reducing as I grow older until one magic day the waves lap up to the side of my house and I ride my home to the bottom of the sea.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUeQjDR1hOw

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!
This thread title gave me false hope.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Real cool that she had a choice in the matter. :thunk:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Being ginger isn't a profound disability. :mad:

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Being a doctor has to suck, you can't give definitive answers and have to say "Based on what we see, there's X% chance of your daughter being born with a disability" and some chud rolls the dice and chases you around for -checks notes- fifteen years with their survivorship bias.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Home births lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scags McDouglas posted:

Being a doctor has to suck, you can't give definitive answers and have to say "Based on what we see, there's X% chance of your daughter being born with a disability" and some chud rolls the dice and chases you around for -checks notes- fifteen years with their survivorship bias.

Dealing in probabilities in any field and having to contend with people who say you were WRONG based on one data point

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Data Graham posted:

Dealing in probabilities in any field and having to contend with people who say you were WRONG based on one data point

well stop guessing wrong mr. smart guy, see the god drat future already mr. Kwisatz Haderach

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'd make my patients sign some anti Chud waiver

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

redshirt posted:

I'd make my patients sign some anti Chud waiver

"Based on this summary of returning planes in WW2, please mark with a pen the parts that should be reinforced"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Scags McDouglas posted:

When I drove home, they told me to use the seatbelt. I didn't do it but I didn't die and to this day I remind them of this whenever I have a chance!"

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Kinda surprised so many haven't heard of the Turbe Cancer brainworm.

It's like every dumb loving clown on Facebook loves trying to convince everyone it exists any time someone dies of cancer, because they NEED to blame EVERY death on the vaccine.

The same way they blame every suicide on the vaccine, because the vaccine makes people suicidal.

The same way they blame every car accident on the vaccine, because the vaccine causes 'medical episodes'.

The same way the blame every domestic violence murder on the vaccine, because the vaccine is sending people insane.

You get the theme, right?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Vaccines cause autism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

This thread title gave me false hope.

I think the amount of posts this thread gets when the real deal happens may bring SA down.