Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Share Bear posted:

patrik antonius is still kicking around in high stakes games and does seem to be doing pretty well

the ev on those decisions was because he had nothing to lose

game is harder than ever though due to a mix of solvers, less weaker players in the pool, and people cheating with solvers

Yeah during the poker boom it was fairly cut and dry to pay the bills by just playing textbook limit poker ten tables at a time. There was tons of new money and idiocy to go around. Bush port security bill pretty much killed that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Cactrot posted:

Twitter spaces was them trend chasing.... tree house? I can't even remember the name of whatever they were trying to copy because it was a big thing with big dummies during the opening of the pandemic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clubhouse_(app)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter posted:

seriously. this motherfucker

https://twitter.com/Ermnmusk/status/1773320357056774574

pines for loving hydrox lmao

lol he even deleted this. what a little bitch

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
...perhaps not

i suppose suspending the account rather than deleting it is so that nobody can re-reg under that name?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/JeremiahDJohns/status/1778489669014949905

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

needs a "better known for other work" footnote

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

people should start posting their condolences to the simpsons writers for having one of their characters killed off unilaterally

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

there's an even worse oj grok in the gbs thread

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

He didn't say the shahada, he said "shh I did it"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
gg Elon
https://twitter.com/aodespair/status/1778541567382540634

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
wonder what the rationale behind that one was.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
too many people are hiding what they should be proud of! come out of the blue check closet or else

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

he's going to make block a paid feature probably

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
randomly apply bluechecks across the userbase, charge $8 to add it if you don't have it, charge $10 to remove it if you do

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boerums cancer

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

Remember when Trump told one of his employees to flood the server room with all the security camera recordings like he's playing Hitman?
no but lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Remember when Trump told one of his employees to flood the server room with all the security camera recordings like he's playing Hitman?

Wasn't that Trump at Mar-A-Lago? I know it's getting hard to tell them apart.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yes it's part of what he's being prosecuted over lol

one of his IT workers rolled on him after realizing how serious a crime that is

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
there's always more classified documents in the banana stand guest bathroom!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

iirc the IT worker was initially being represented by a Trump-paid attorney who was coincidentally telling the IT worker to stay loyal to Trump and walk face first into a buzz saw since the Feds had plentiful evidence that the worker was lying, but a judge was suspicious of the setup and assigned an independent lawyer to consult with the IT worker which led to them immediately ditching the Trump-paid council and flipping to testify against Trump.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
lol

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shifty Pony posted:

iirc the IT worker was initially being represented by a Trump-paid attorney who was coincidentally telling the IT worker to stay loyal to Trump and walk face first into a buzz saw since the Feds had plentiful evidence that the worker was lying, but a judge was suspicious of the setup and assigned an independent lawyer to consult with the IT worker which led to them immediately ditching the Trump-paid council and flipping to testify against Trump.

lol

also lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
matt levine wrote about it earlier today. basically, spacex is a private company and they have a lot of leeway with reporting whatever the gently caress they want for profit/revenue

if they're selling launches to themselves at zero cost, or whatever, who's going to stop them?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

infernal machines posted:

matt levine wrote about it earlier today. basically, spacex is a private company and they have a lot of leeway with reporting whatever the gently caress they want for profit/revenue

if they're selling launches to themselves at zero cost, or whatever, who's going to stop them?

i will

you hear me, elon? :argh:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

infernal machines posted:

Yeah but spacex is also the only argument that he's any good at what he does

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Yeah but spacex is also the only argument that he's any good at what he does
it’s the opposite of that because it’s the company where he has the least input and virtually none in engineering iirc

xitter is probably the most involved because he’s terminally online and it’s at ~40% of book value if he’s lucky

if the performance across four companies is inversely proportional to how much elron meddles in it…?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a model Y with one of those awful blue/green color shift wraps 'raced' me off a light today. this thing aint built for speed my dude. would like to see u handle a turn though

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

a model Y with one of those awful blue/green color shift wraps 'raced' me off a light today. this thing aint built for speed my dude. would like to see u handle a turn though
imagine if you catch it at 3-4 consecutive reds and the battery overheats

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh he immediately turned left at the next block, for Reasons you see

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

oh he immediately turned left at the next block, for Reasons you see
uber passenger needed to be dropped off

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

uber passenger needed to be sucked off??

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Yeah during the poker boom it was fairly cut and dry to pay the bills by just playing textbook limit poker ten tables at a time. There was tons of new money and idiocy to go around. Bush port security bill pretty much killed that

my brother did that for a couple years. got invites to wpt and stuff as well but live is a different game so he stuck to the online grind

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
good job grok

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

this seems like a fairly obvious problem, and yet they just let it out into the world

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bugsy posted:

good job grok

...!
Oct 5, 2003

you WILL show everyone your poor financial decisions

https://twitter.com/ShehanJeyarajah/status/1778542124528807961

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
oh hi checkmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

...! posted:

you WILL show everyone your poor financial decisions

https://twitter.com/ShehanJeyarajah/status/1778542124528807961

a few days ago Musk started pushing out free bluechecks to anyone with a decent number of followers again

https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/1775681325661614401

but the blue check is such a mark of shame now that most of them just used the "hide checkmark" button, and musk doesn't like that