Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Am I the only one who assumed Ospreay was referring to Brie Bella being John Laurinaitis’s daughter? Basically attributing Danielson’s breakthrough in mainstream U.S. wrestling to the Total Divas crew. My mind didn’t even go to HHH, maybe I wasn’t playing close enough attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

danhausen is the last guy that would start a fight and the only guy punk would beat in a fight

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

move over, Dijakovic, there's a new Donovan Dickhead in town

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

danhausen is the last guy that would start a fight and the only guy punk would beat in a fight

He’s Punk’s bitch because he bought him a comic book. Literally it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

this guy’s a turbo dork

^im signing my post

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Should have known a landlord-loving theatre dork like Danhausen is exactly the type of rear end in a top hat who looks down on certain professions. Imagine this clown laughing at you for being a dental assistant and not a cool wrestler like him lol.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Minidust posted:

Am I the only one who assumed Ospreay was referring to Brie Bella being John Laurinaitis’s daughter? Basically attributing Danielson’s breakthrough in mainstream U.S. wrestling to the Total Divas crew. My mind didn’t even go to HHH, maybe I wasn’t playing close enough attention.

It was directly referencing a HHH interview from earlier in the week, so yeah, probably just you.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

imagine being married to an amazing artist who is also one of the world’s most renowned burlesque performers while making a living doing the bare loving minimum yet being bizarrely popular and still spending all your time on Twitter simping for Punk and whining about booking

couldn’t be me

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Smh at all the people who missed that Anthony Henry has already been informed he's getting rehired once he's healthy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the escape goat posted:

imagine being married to an amazing artist who is also one of the world’s most renowned burlesque performers while making a living doing the bare loving minimum yet being bizarrely popular and still spending all your time on Twitter simping for Punk and whining about booking

couldn’t be me

i mean when you put it this way if I were in Daniel Hausen's position I would also think I was the hottest poo poo ever and the main eventer who thought I was the coolest was the best and smartest guy in the world while having way too much free time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Minidust posted:

it’s just you 🤷

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Minidust is seeing layers in the story like the Interstellar Bookshelf right now I’m here for it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

glad that i was never a fan of dan hausen. but i did like when tony s. called him dan hausen. thanks tone

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Some may think I am unfair to CM Punk, but I will gladly admit he would beat danhausen (by judges decision) if they ever fought. I am certain on this.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk would absolutely not win that fight. It’s an absurdity to believe Punk could beat any adult in a fight. i’ll pay a reward like James Randy if anyone can prove me wrong

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Wonder if he thinks Punk can get him hired at the fed

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
internet tough guy 130 lbs soaking wet danhausen is just... how did you arrive here man lmao

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Let's be real Danhausen would clean up in the fed

They would love his all entrances, promos, merch, and catch phrases gimmick

WWE fan making 30s cartoon wolf open mouth long tongue expression: A guy who never wrestles?!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

fez_machine posted:

Let's be real Danhausen would clean up in the fed

They would love his all entrances, promos, merch, and catch phrases gimmick

WWE fan making 30s cartoon wolf open mouth long tongue expression: A guy who never wrestles?!

Imagine the wacky antics he'd get into with R-Truth.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Danhausen can put on facepaint, do goofy bits, move merch, etc, but he ain't never shaking that Short Man Syndrome

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Two Beans posted:

Imagine the wacky antics he'd get into with R-Truth.

Would own tbh

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it would be epic 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Moné sounded like the tiktok voice. If you're going to zoom in on her face, have her look into the camera, Marvez is already doing it.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

My kid might be sad if danhausen goes to the fed because he has a bunch of his shirts and we don't watch WWE, but who knows

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Send all the punkateers to the fed

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

keithy george posted:

Moné sounded like the tiktok voice. If you're going to zoom in on her face, have her look into the camera, Marvez is already doing it.

I was quite impressed by the charisma and star power Mercedes Moné brought when she debuted at Big Business. Ever since then though, she has been nothing but a literal cartoon character spewing catchphrases in an uncanny valley tone of voice. That interview and when she interrupted Willow's firy babyface promo was so funny to me, it was so jarring how different her presentation is with the rest of AEW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Moné is a Hunter plant to take down AEW.... and, hell...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Didn't even make a botcha stanks joke. You're slipping.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

shibatas gonna kill him and the sick freaks of the aew universe are gonna watch

this woman thinks she's a cat and that's preposterous

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

watching danhausen go from the guy who says peoples names wrong to the copypasta navy seal is Storytelling

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Imagine hitching your wagon quite so publicly to someone who you've seen has a history of cutting people off for super minor stuff.

Punk went scorched earth on Hornswoggle for the crime of asking him to pass on a mutual friend's number when he got a new phone. You'd have to be insane to white knight for him in the way Danhausen is.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Minidust posted:

I thought this too and had to rewind it. On second watch, Ospreay makes clear he's responding to "a rumour" (being HHH's comments) and then he moves on to Danielson.

Sega 32X posted:

My kid might be sad if danhausen goes to the fed because he has a bunch of his shirts and we don't watch WWE, but who knows

He's not on TV anyway lol

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I feel like there's a 70% change Danhausen was hired primarily to facilitate a WBD cross-over with Conan O'Brien (new show premieres next week on Max!) that since fell through.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he sucks and should be fired

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't care what Danhausen likes on Twitter but it's hard to find a place for him in the ring in a company where Claudio Castagnoli might not be one of your top 10 guys.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I like Danhausen's nonsense and I think there is always room for comic buffoonery in wrestling, regardless of whether it occurs within the ring or not. But there's no reason to put up with someone being a turd, and AEW has a dozen other people, both on the regular roster and on the Dark/ROH speed dial, who can clown around for 90 seconds every other week.
Danhausen may sell more shirts, but in the grand scheme of the company, cutting the Punk toadies loose and squashing Serpentico or PPA on TV instead would be healthier.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

pressedbunny posted:

I like Danhausen's nonsense and I think there is always room for comic buffoonery in wrestling, regardless of whether it occurs within the ring or not. But there's no reason to put up with someone being a turd, and AEW has a dozen other people, both on the regular roster and on the Dark/ROH speed dial, who can clown around for 90 seconds every other week.
Danhausen may sell more shirts, but in the grand scheme of the company, cutting the Punk toadies loose and squashing Serpentico or PPA on TV instead would be healthier.

and who would you have tell danhausen his services are no longer needed? mans is a shooter and most of the locker room are afraid to even make eye contact with him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's gonna be soooo satisfying when contracts start expiring and Tony can burn off the leeches and Fed plants.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Danhausen stole my gimmick back when he was just Donovan so I'll never forgive him :colbert:

(That's not true, he's very nice in my experience, and I enjoy his character work and fun comedy very much but this is a very silly thing to do.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's gonna be soooo satisfying when contracts start expiring and Tony can burn off the leeches and Fed plants.
Honestly agree.