Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUEV3fVaAM

suddenly ace combat in this science fiction movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you won't watch fallout because it doesn't match the exact plot of the games

i won't watch fallout because it's too violent

we are not the same

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i say swears online posted:

we are not the same

i watch fallout beacause it has goggins

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Johnny Rebel

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Isn't this why Cavill quit?

you would have to ask him to find out

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Regarde Aduck posted:

yeah, i'm enjoying it for what it is. I'm just really interested in the hosed up mind of Todd lol, love getting little insights into his weasel brain

Most rational fallout fan. Todd howard's biggest mistake was resurrecting this gay rear end franchise. Now I get to hear about dialectics from dumbasses who don't know how arrows work.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

i say swears online posted:

we are not the same
I won't watch it as it contains fictional characters represented by actors. That doesn't seem very honest to me. Acting is basically lying.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Man, who is worse, Todd Howard or Todd McFarlane??? A question for the ages

McFarlane, easily.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Isn't this why Cavill quit?

he quit because the writers wanted him to make a quip when Roach dies and he’s way too much of a fan of the series to break character like that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Man, who is worse, Todd Howard or Todd McFarlane??? A question for the ages

Actually it's Randy Pitchford

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
isn't zenimax funded by BCCI capital?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

ArmedZombie posted:

i watch fallout beacause it has goggins

Yup. Simple as

He's definitely the most fun part so far

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Tankbuster posted:

settlers of catan movie when?

Valhalla SheepPort Rising

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

nice obelisk idiot posted:

I won't watch it as it contains fictional characters represented by actors. That doesn't seem very honest to me. Acting is basically lying.

acting fundamentally disgraces a person. actors are no different from prostitutes and should be shunned from society at large.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or just tell a new story in a new timeline with the same ideas like Transformers and Ninja Turtles have been doing for decades. Use past entries as idea buckets, even make fan pleasing references to things you don't plan to fully incorporate, you can even do meta commentary. Heck, even the MCU got in on that and actually did a pretty okay job, at least IMO.

apparently there's gonna be a new live action TMNT movie and it will be rated R.

hope raph hangs brain

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

oscarthewilde posted:

acting fundamentally disgraces a person. actors are no different from prostitutes and should be shunned from society at large.

It’s this but instead of actors everyone

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

oscarthewilde posted:

this guy hates sex workers

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Blood Boils posted:

Valhalla SheepPort Rising

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

oscarthewilde posted:

-joaquin phoenix

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

nice obelisk idiot posted:

everyone is supposed to be discussing robert bresson and alban berg in the pop culture thread. get with the program

that'd be cool

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tristeham posted:

that'd be cool

well?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

the suits will destroy every piece of culture that makes money, from fallout to disco elysium to like most novies. i hate the bourgeois

I love.the bourgeois without them we wouldn't have jobs!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://x.com/titancasket/status/1778667833020522644?s=46&t=30g3AiH_8L1XzqiMRI2NKQ

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

this is my favorite first track on an album, its also a long slow song that doesnt really change from start to finish but the intensity really leads into the rest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3TS1Wn6is

a few pages back but this album and song whip rear end

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

apparently there's gonna be a new live action TMNT movie and it will be rated R.

hope raph hangs brain

I mean that’s just being faithful to the comics

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It’s weird seeing New X-men stuff in X-men 97

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Danann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUEV3fVaAM

suddenly ace combat in this science fiction movie

oh man i didn't know they made a sequel to wandering earth, good times

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

so the guy who failed at writing starfield has clarified the fallout show's place in the timeline

https://twitter.com/Dezinuh/status/1778470928105533825

the nuke in the show wipes out the NCR in 2277, yet seven years later new vegas still happens :psyduck:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

the milk machine posted:

oh man i didn't know they made a sequel to wandering earth, good times

Prequel

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bro Dad posted:

so the guy who failed at writing starfield has clarified the fallout show's place in the timeline

the nuke in the show wipes out the NCR in 2277, yet seven years later new vegas still happens :psyduck:

four years actually
they got better

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Bro Dad posted:

the nuke doesn't wipe it out in 2277 you dumbass. Holy poo poo the absolute state of the smartest and most sophisticated gamers. Can't literally read a timeline.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

every ncr person you meet was just in extremely deep denial

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

the nuke doesn't wipe it out in 2277 you dumbass. Holy poo poo the absolute state of the smartest and most sophisticated gamers. Can't literally read a timeline.

:ironicat:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Shady Sands was only the capital. I really don't understand how anyone can watch the end of the season and say the NCR doesn't exist

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Honestly given the general state of the post war rebuild I’m not sure how you’d even know if the nuke happened last year or 200 years ago unless you watched it go off

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The IJN has largely been sunk and its 1944, clearly the empire is finished and will peacefully surrender soon. Oh wait.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you can nuke a town in Fallout 3 and the rest of the D.C. area will barely even notice it. a single nuke in Fallout is like a love tap

Augus has issued a correction as of 17:10 on Apr 12, 2024

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tankbuster posted:

The IJN has largely been sunk and its 1944, clearly the empire is finished and will peacefully surrender soon. Oh wait.

Again you'd think someone would mention "oh yeah the capital got nuked four years ago"- hell the President of the NCR shows up in Vegas. I'm willing to give the show a shot (once I have time this weekend) but it seems like they could have written a slightly different number there and not caused a bunch of confusion for no reason

E: unless they're doing a westworld thing and everyone's just too mad to notice

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Shady Sands was only the capital. I really don't understand how anyone can watch the end of the season and say the NCR doesn't exist

I mean it still doesn't make any sense, you could have just said the nuke and new vegas happened the same year and tie it up in a nice narrative bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Who cares