Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

like I said I was playing some games with my zoomer friends and they kept calling other players chuds and I finally had to ask what it means to them.

They looked it up and they had no idea it meant far right people.

It’s just another version of calling other players “kids” “these kids loving suck.”

This is actually pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah. It was refreshing lol

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Donnie Darko calls Patrick Swayze a chud in the movie Donnie Darko

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was part of my plan to say it so often that it lost any meaning

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i mean, the original chuds were the homeless victims of corporate and government greed, so it kind of already has

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chud... a fine movie

"I fuckin hate C.H.U.D." -Joe Bob Briggs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t get joe Bob. He’s just not for me.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’ve learned that the zoomers I know all call people chuds but they don’t know it means republicans so they just call bad gamers chuds lol

They're right

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

like I said I was playing some games with my zoomer friends and they kept calling other players chuds and I finally had to ask what it means to them.

It’s just another version of calling other players “kids” “these kids loving suck.”

This is how one of the football coaches at my high school used it lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There is rampant chuddery in the Games forum.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

too many chuds keep killing me

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

i mean, the original chuds were the homeless victims of corporate and government greed, so it kind of already has

Seems like a weird move to make a word for mutated homeless people refer to shithead right wingers. Seems like something a chud would do

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Endorph posted:

mommy milkers is not fine to use op

Of course not, you're supposed to use the diminutive 'Mommy Milkies' in casual conversation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

if anyone uses internet slang around me irl i'm calling the cops

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hears a LOL in the wild and dives for cover

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

Seems like a weird move to make a word for mutated homeless people refer to shithead right wingers. Seems like something a chud would do

a chud is a chud is a chud is a chud is a

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Archer666 posted:

a chud is a chud is a chud is a chud is a

The Dr Seuss books his estate found after he died and burned to protect his legacy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jenny is spitting fire in her new (patreon only) preview for her Star Wars hotel review.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Panfilo posted:

'Chuds' is one of those terminally online terms that's fine to use in forums but gets awkward sounding when people use it out loud in casual conversation, like Mommy Milkers.

Someone's obviously not in an 80s horror movie meet-up group.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Jenny is spitting fire in her new (patreon only) preview for her Star Wars hotel review.

I kinda wish I could've seen the galactic starcruiser experience myself but also lmao not at those prices.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

copy posted:

if you like documentary style found footage horror you might like Fake Documentary Q too bro spec these two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctmqpxwlLOs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKVq82u_JDc

love these as well. Hit or miss but the one where a young couple explores a beach cave that doesn't exist is great

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

love these as well. Hit or miss but the one where a young couple explores a beach cave that doesn't exist is great

You've got me curious, which one's that?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

KingKalamari posted:

Someone's obviously not in an 80s horror movie meet-up group.

not sure what the relation between that group and mommy milkers is, but is probably fascinating

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Panfilo posted:

Of course not, you're supposed to use the diminutive 'Mommy Milkies' in casual conversation.

Only if the conversation is with friends or close acquaintances. Better to stick with the original around strangers to avoid the risk of coming off as insultingly informal.

(Of course, when addressing the Emperor you must be sure to use the high-formal "Matriarch Mammaries".)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CelticPredator posted:

The noob chuds...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Runa posted:

You've got me curious, which one's that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpPbLqadKTU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
"Chud" sounds like a pejorative term even if you have no idea what it means so it's easy to see why it can get picked up as general slang.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ty lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

hell yeah that one is sick

copy
Jul 26, 2007

its less scary but the one where the guys are playing with the psychic powers vhs is fun too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dP7Onxwa08

ao oni was a 2008 horror rpgmaker game that inspired a lot of other rpgmaker horror stuff and with how franchised it became (it got books and movies) you can see it as a japanese predecessor to stuff like five night at freddy's. heres a review of its insane mobile 'sequel' that is is 90% popup ads. the vid's a bit 'summarizing the gameplay' but every time he gets jumpscared more by the microtranscations than the monster its really funny

Endorph fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 12, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ao oni was cool because it had multiple revisions with different plots and characters and a movie i never watched

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

would it surprise you that the movie is pretty bad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

would it surprise you that the movie is pretty bad

it looked bad in the trailer so no

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm surprised the antiwokes haven't adopted chud as the opposite to woke yet, but maybe because people who think they're stupid already address them with that name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NvxDcdgDHI

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Chord.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

There was a guy on Glee named Chord and his cast mates would bully him by deliberately mispronounced his name.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

The MSJ posted:

I'm surprised the antiwokes haven't adopted chud as the opposite to woke yet, but maybe because people who think they're stupid already address them with that name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NvxDcdgDHI

Pretty sure they tried but failed. There were already memes making fun of people using the word "chud" so ironic "Gigachud" memes didn't take.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the right cant meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

rodbeard posted:

There was a guy on Glee named Chord and his cast mates would bully him by deliberately mispronounced his name.

lol he had a movie on Netflix and my gf and I called him "ch-ord" every time he popped up onscreen. No idea he got bullied by that name already.