Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Call Your Grandma posted:

honestly they should just move to the pathfinder system

Don't encourage self-destructive activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

My "I take my role as a husband and father seriously" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

And I don't know, while I don't think it's anything to go to pieces for, it was kind of mean-spirited. It was barely a joke. Like in what way was it a joke?

Joke understander logging on:

This joke starts with the premise that "baby fashion" is a thing that maybe some people care about. The OJ's stance on this issue is that "baby fashion" is something they do not care about. In order for this joke to land, "baby fashion" must also be something that the JT does not care about. The joke typology is self-deprecation, where their shared baby is bad at "baby fashion". Because both the OJ and the JT do not care about "baby fashion", it should be funny rather than hurtful.

The J doesn't land, possibly because the OJ was mistaken in their belief that the JT does not care about "baby fashion".

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

I know we don't need a new one right away, but I have to put in for: r/relationships: Now, I worry that his general hate towards women might also include me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Me: [in bed, head propped up on pillow] Hon, I've been thinking... You'd never eat *my* face, wouldja?

Leopard: [snarls]

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
For the longest time I thought it was lepers and not leopards.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

For the longest time I thought it was lepers and not leopards.

You can eat lepers' faces
Leopards can eat your face

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I must've missed that one in school.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Just popping in to say LMAO if you didn't dress your kids like little fashion disasters when they were young

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My sister was obsessed with one of my nieces wearing hats when she was a toddler and would literally tie them to her head.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I must've missed that one in school.

It's all up there chilling with auspaimitnahsaitvontsu and bebibu bebibu a e a e.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the only response to people pointing out your socks don't match is "I have a pair just like it at home"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He frames it as ribbing but he also says that she did it "wrong" a couple different times and it's clear he cares a lot more than he should and she knows that too

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'Oopsie looks like mommy made you ugly' is basically how I read it and yeah that's a veiled criticism for sure

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Call Your Grandma posted:

The OJ's stance on this issue

RIP

Also same model of socks but in different colours = totally okay.

Different models of socks on different feet = not okay

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Biplane posted:

Just popping in to say LMAO if you didn't dress your kids like little fashion disasters when they were young

The opposite of this is much worse IMO. Occasionally you see kids dressed extremely fashionably, and you think "well poo poo, someone's parents have way too much money/time." Like maybe consider helping other people, instead of paying thousands for designer clothing for literal children.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

All a kid needs is one sock, that week's tights, and a smock

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Smock, smock, smock

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neito posted:

1e or 2e, is the key question here.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Shanghaied posted:

My "I take my role as a husband and father seriously" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

And I don't know, while I don't think it's anything to go to pieces for, it was kind of mean-spirited. It was barely a joke. Like in what way was it a joke?

It was mismatched socks? The humor (for me) is that is incredibly low stakes and I think babies in mismatched items are adorable. Labeling a baby a fashion disaster is like putting a sticky note on a cat's tail and then saying "mr. scribbles how dare you go out looking like that mister!"

But yeah new mom's dealing with brain weasels could take that as a personal attack.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

I was with OP until all of the updates where he goes to great lenghts to convince us that his relationship is perfect, actually, and that redditors are just assholes

he's not wrong on the latter point

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Shanghaied posted:

The opposite of this is much worse IMO. Occasionally you see kids dressed extremely fashionably, and you think "well poo poo, someone's parents have way too much money/time." Like maybe consider helping other people, instead of paying thousands for designer clothing for literal children.

Also let your kids be kids. When my daughter and niece were very young, my brother's girlfriend didn't want to let my niece go mucking about outside with my daughter in case it ruined her designer dress. Like, she doesn't give a poo poo, she's 3 - the dress is for you, not her. Let her be a kid and be mucky like kids do, rather than forbid normal parts of childhood for the sake of your personal vicarious vanity.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Neito posted:

I'm currently playing D&D for the second time in my life and the DM is using Pathfinder. I'm a wizard.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I'm currently playing D&D for the second time in my life and the DM is using Pathfinder. I'm a wizard.

Which edition?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
First, I think? I'd have to ask.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Shanghaied posted:

what are you talking about, those are totally normal people and not hitmen concealing a false family whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6udgapt6M0

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When I was a kid my mum wanted me to always wear shirts buttoned all the way up, and tucked in. Of course I didn't (at least not for longer than it took me to get out of eyeshot). She was still of the same mind when I'd moved out, and would tell me every time I visited that I should button my shirt properly and tuck it in. I showed her some photographs of two lads with combed hair (another thing I wasn't really doing) wearing shirts with the top button buttoned and the shirt neatly tucked into their trousers. She said "well those guys look nice and proper! why can't you do that?" When I told her they were both school shooters she never said anything about it anymore.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

what are you talking about, those are totally normal people and not hitmen concealing a false family whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6udgapt6M0

this is the future the democrats want for your children

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
/\/\/\ oh if only

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When I was a kid my mum wanted me to always wear shirts buttoned all the way up, and tucked in. Of course I didn't (at least not for longer than it took me to get out of eyeshot). She was still of the same mind when I'd moved out, and would tell me every time I visited that I should button my shirt properly and tuck it in. I showed her some photographs of two lads with combed hair (another thing I wasn't really doing) wearing shirts with the top button buttoned and the shirt neatly tucked into their trousers. She said "well those guys look nice and proper! why can't you do that?" When I told her they were both school shooters she never said anything about it anymore.

I had that, and I also got put in those stirrup leggings which are made in hell by the devil himself as far as I'm concerned. it's taken me to my late 30s to be ok tucking in shirts again. it can actually look nice, with the right outfit, but that is a very important qualifier

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 12, 2024

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

First, I think? I'd have to ask.

if you have a standard and a move action you're playing 1st edition pathfinder
If you have 3 interchangeable actions then you're playing 2nd edition.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Shanghaied posted:

AITA for throwing away the lingerie that my friends brother bought me

:catstare:

Hi sister in law, have you tried out that dildo I bought you yet?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

TIFU by letting my boyfriends horrific personal hygiene run our relationship
I don't know how people put up with this, like physically. Even just the oral hygiene. I have a terrible sense of smell, but even so anytime I've had the misfortune to get a whiff from someone's rotten mouth it nearly made me throw up. Kissing them would be flatly impossible let alone anything more 🤮

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Mx. posted:

My (27F) boyfriend (29M) of 3 years told me that every guy should get a paternity test for his kid, just to be sure he's not raising someone else's child. Is this something I should be okay with?

OP posted:

[EDIT]: Thank you all for sharing your thoughts! I realize my initial wording may not have portrayed him positively. To provide more context, he has consistently been a wonderful partner, showing care and support. I don’t believe he would ever resort to aggression, as some comments suggested. My concern arose from his suggestion of a paternity test as a means of “fidelity” verification. While I understand the utility of DNA testing in certain situations, such as preventing paternity fraud, I found his suggestion in our monogamous relationship unnecessary. It felt like an accusation of infidelity and a lack of trust.

To clarify, the “hatred towards women” that I mentioned above surfaces mainly in discussions about instances of perceived betrayal or dishonesty by women. It seems more like an expression of his fears and concerns rather than genuine hatred towards women. I equate it to my own feelings when hearing about a man cheating on his pregnant wife – it’s a strong emotional reaction (i.e All men are pigs!!)

In everyday life, he is respectful, loving, and supportive. He treats women with kindness, holding doors and allowing them to go ahead in line at the supermarket. And yes, I think he would be a great father if we were to have a daughter. In the context of discussing a paternity test regarding our (future) child, it was easier for me to believe that his request stems from his strong aversion to betrayal rather than a lack of trust in me.

I plan to discuss this matter more in-depth with my partner to gain a better understanding of his perspective.

Oh btw, I forgot to mention that he's actually a perfect partner and potential father, and only has a deap-seated resentment of women because he's TOO caring

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If anyone told me "my wife is a lousy gently caress" I'd not want them to talk to me ever again.

K?

Would you cut them out if they wanted to talk about other deeply personal relationship issues they were having with their wife? “Yeah it’s been hard lately, I feel like a lot of the trust in our marriage isn’t there any more and it’s a real struggle” “Sorry bro, I told you. Blocked”

Of course this all assumes a friendship that’s deep enough that you can talk about difficult things with the person, but given that why would sex be off-limits? Seems kind of prudish to me. And sure, these are things you should talk with your actual partner about but a lot of the time talking about it with someone else first makes that conversation a lot easier. Except only with your therapist if it’s about sex I guess, anyone else is apparently a terrible breach of trust.

Like no poo poo, if you walk into the bar and you yell out, “Hey bros, my girlfriend gives the worst head I’ve had in my life” you’re an rear end in a top hat. That’s a little different than “We’ve been friends for 15 years, I need to talk about some stuff that’s been on my mind, is that cool?” though. I’m not really talking about the original post, I’m responding to posts like yours that are basically “Sex talk?! Acid vat.”

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I like the suggestion for women put in this position by their insecure boyfriends to go tit for tat and demand access to their phone or a polygraph - after all, she can't risk carrying a cheater's baby who might leave at the drop of a hat

ofc relationships are already dead if the bf asks for a dna test but you can still end it with style

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh btw, I forgot to mention that he's actually a perfect partner and potential father, and only has a deap-seated resentment of women because he's TOO caring

To clarify, the “hatred towards people of colour” that I mentioned above surfaces mainly in discussions about instances of perceived crime or violence by people of colour. It seems more like an expression of his fears and concerns rather than genuine hatred towards brown people.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Captain Hygiene posted:

Brawnfire posted:

Me: [in bed, head propped up on pillow] Hon, I've been thinking... You'd never eat *my* face, wouldja?

Leopard: [snarls]

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Captain Hygiene posted:

No, no, it isn’t a deep-seated resentment of women he simply believes that all women are adulterous hoes it’s totally different

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
If you're unsure whether it's appropriate to tell a third party something private about your relationship, ask yourself if you'd go home and tell your partner what you told them or not. If you wouldn't, it probably wasn't cool to share it. This seems like an easy enough thing to wrap my head around, I don't get the confusion. "What if it's very important that gf's friend knows about op's sex life?" It isn't lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Kurieg posted:

if you have a standard and a move action you're playing 1st edition pathfinder
If you have 3 interchangeable actions then you're playing 2nd edition.

Okay, then it's the first edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

idiotsavant posted:

No, no, it isn’t a deep-seated resentment of women he simply believes that all women are adulterous hoes it’s totally different

I feel that if she has a serious conversation with him about it, he will reveal to her that he meant it in jest and its only all the other women that need paternity tests and not her. "Naw baby, I didnt really mean you too!"