Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

danhausen would murder any wrestler in a shoot fight and he'd make a badass puck

Danhausen would be one of the random in the bad fake play on purpose during the ending that drags forever. People complaining about Return if the King never had to sit through the entirety of Act 5 of Midsummer, perfect for Danhausen segments as they're both painfully unfunny but think they're art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I will not put up with this Midsummer slander, you bastard.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Shakespeare has had it too easy for way too long!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

A Fancy Hat posted:

It’s also proof none of these people watch the show they obsess over because Schiavone’s been doing the exact same thing for weeks when the Bucks show up, ever since they threatened to EVP trigger him. It’s almost as if… there’s a story?! But that’s impossible, I’ve been told AEW has none of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGGEymAXD7s

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Why do I read this thread? The tweets posted infuriate me. There’s nothing forcing me to read this thread and all the tweets. Yet I do anyway. Why am I so stupid?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

a dumb moron posted:

Why do I read this thread? The tweets posted infuriate me. There’s nothing forcing me to read this thread and all the tweets. Yet I do anyway. Why am I so stupid?

Incredible username/post combo, 5 out of 5 stars.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I know it was months ago but the thread title always pops me. It reminds me of the legendary Hideo Kojima and the "V has come to" line.

But yes opening this thread is like stepping on a rake and I always fall for it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i think about the tweet 'don’t tweet jinder mahal ever again in your Life' every single day, i think.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

post hole digger posted:

i think about the tweet 'don’t tweet jinder mahal ever again in your Life' every single day, i think.

Aaaah, Jinder, the needle mover that Tony Con will regret not signing

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

apophenium posted:

I know it was months ago but the thread title always pops me. It reminds me of the legendary Hideo Kojima and the "V has come to" line.

But yes opening this thread is like stepping on a rake and I always fall for it

https://twitter.com/RealBryanClark/status/1778788991074210296
https://twitter.com/RealBryanClark/status/1778790583659798946

have a palate cleanser

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Gareth is suddenly an expert on data protection law:

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1778425398612689295

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TinTower posted:

punk should do it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

battery is classified as a crime in the uk

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There's signage in Wembley to let you know CCTV is in operation. The company has valid reason to keep a recording of an assault that happened backstage in case of a lawsuit. Punk was under contract to AEW at the time the footage was taken and they are allowed to keep and process CCTV footage of their employees in circumstances like this. The purpose of releasing the footage was to counter a direct claim from Punk about what the footage contained. Gareth is a loving moron. I encourage Punk to sue.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Do these embeds count as tweet views, am I paying this fucker by opening this thread?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Give Bryan Clark an AEW late career renaissance, bring him in to choke slam Mark Sterling or something

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1778548734206398618

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TinTower posted:

lmfao this ambulance match chaser in the replies

https://twitter.com/StephenPNew/status/1778528435167715543?t=7wPrsO9GHJU_StIoKrIalQ&s=19

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

keithy george posted:

Do these embeds count as tweet views, am I paying this fucker by opening this thread?

Considering how desperate Elon is for views to be important, I suspect so, yes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

keithy george posted:

It's based off ad views and the embeds do not show ads.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AEW will rue the day the decided not to have lawyers.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This rules. Brian Clark rules.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Edited to remove a lovely racist garbage bag of a human’s tweet

ARMBAR A COP fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 12, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A good post

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Never heard of this clown but god almighty what a horrendous piece of bald headed poo poo he is. Accusing Brodie’s widow of killing him just 10 tweets down his timeline. Gaming and Wrestling bring out the most cruel hearted bastards

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Never heard of this clown but god almighty what a horrendous piece of bald headed poo poo he is. Accusing Brodie’s widow of killing him just 10 tweets down his timeline. Gaming and Wrestling bring out the most cruel hearted bastards

Yeah now I’m wondering if I should just delete the post to not give him attention,

Actually I think I will.

Sorry, it’s just a mood killer

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Eat My Fuc posted:

If it helps it is coming from a place of pure misery

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://twitter.com/HurtKull/status/1778873932763873294

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Blackpool Combat Club put the locker room on notice, we smokin' filtered crack, you stupid pieces of poo poo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I would accept this as a half decent point if not for two problems

1, company has been solvent for 5 years now, “your dad bought it for you” got tired after a year of running successfully

2, c’mon, either end with the first panel or have something for panel 2, “sad bruv noises” falls absolutely flat when the only reason he isn’t the most over dude on raw is because he chose the good company

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also being the son in law of an inheritance child is sadder than being an inheritance child. Basic math

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

rotinaj posted:

I would accept this as a half decent point if not for two problems

1, company has been solvent for 5 years now, “your dad bought it for you” got tired after a year of running successfully

2, c’mon, either end with the first panel or have something for panel 2, “sad bruv noises” falls absolutely flat when the only reason he isn’t the most over dude on raw is because he chose the good company

I wouldn't accept it as a half decent point under any circumstances because Tony Khan wasn't handed a position at a successful wrestling company. He built a successful wrestling company with financial backing from his family.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

There's also the little thing of having that take while working for a company that's literally just a multi-generation inheritance

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rhea is a goon? nice

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
There's also Vince getting WWF from his dad for pennies

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Rhea is a goon? nice

Not anymore. She used to post as 'Pick'

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

I wouldn't accept it as a half decent point under any circumstances because Tony Khan wasn't handed a position at a successful wrestling company. He built a successful wrestling company with financial backing from his family.

Just saying I would let the fedheaded folk get away with that line for like the first year, when the company was still unproven. Shad and Tony wrote a big ol’ check for that period. Sure, not gonna try to argue minutiae with someone on that level.

But after that, TK did the work and did it more successfully than basically anyone since like, Dusty in Florida. But they’ll never admit that.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it’s a step up from all the extremely racist posts she used to like!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Is she still a fan of the guy from the lovely metalcore band (but I repeat myself, ho ho) who was really transphobic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Just saying I would let the fedheaded folk get away with that line for like the first year, when the company was still unproven. Shad and Tony wrote a big ol’ check for that period. Sure, not gonna try to argue minutiae with someone on that level.

But after that, TK did the work and did it more successfully than basically anyone since like, Dusty in Florida. But they’ll never admit that.

OK, agree with you on that level. There was a while where it COULD have just been a fun money mark idea that didn't pay out, but as concepts go that ended with the TV deal.