Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't know what whilst is supposed to be other than a fancy way to say while

The poo poo that drives me insane is when zoomers say poo poo like "unalive" and "sewerslide". that stuff is not good.

Zoomers are right here too. Y'xll are too :okboomer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

wasn't this woman a bernie bro after her bernie bro bf died

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
is it bannable to tell another poster to kermit sewerslide

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Since we are having a big language derail, am I the only one annoyed by all the zoomers that think ‘whilst’ is a just a fancy way to say ‘while’ and use it constantly?

it depends how its being used but in some cases theyre right.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't know what whilst is supposed to be other than a fancy way to say while

The poo poo that drives me insane is when zoomers say poo poo like "unalive" and "sewerslide". that stuff is not good.

max zoomer would be un*l*v* or s*w*rsl*de

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I think they do it to get around automated content moderation

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Yeah the content moderation is the problem

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Casey Finnigan posted:

Yeah the content moderation is the problem

neither content nor moderate!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

is it bannable to tell another poster to kermit sewerslide

That'd be a hell of a user name

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

why's this thread still open. the dems won. it's OVER

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ITT we complain about euphemisms that gained common acceptance because they were thought up by people younger than us.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

An idiot: "My uncle passed away recently"

Me, a genius: "Passed away where, mother fucker? You mean he died?"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

bannable: let's kill him

questionable: let's unalive him

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://x.com/justinamash/status/1778825446441828725

lol

Thanks, Democrats

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/12/katyal-machine-politics-in-new-jersey-00151795

Lmfao imagine anyone thinking of Neil as anything other than a soulless careerist

Love the photo though. I don’t know why but it just suits him

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I posted in the last succ thread sometimes asking questions and have mostly lurked since but I have become pretty succpilled. I have gone from "vote Joe even if he sucks because trump sucks more" in 2020 to utterly disillusioned.

I'm not voting for Biden. Does that make it more likely for Trump to win? Kind of a "them" problem. Like, sorry you couldn't get a candidate that isn't actively contributing to a genocide

Anyway that's just a little thank you to the thread, gently caress Joe Biden, I heard that dude threw a party after Roe was overturned

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/12/katyal-machine-politics-in-new-jersey-00151795

Lmfao imagine anyone thinking of Neil as anything other than a soulless careerist

Love the photo though. I don’t know why but it just suits him

Isn't this the kind of stuff democrats love though? eg

quote:

NEW YORK

In 2020, then-Governor Andrew Cuomo led an effort to modify the state's ballot access law that changed the definition of a pre-qualified party, taking the Libertarian, Green and Independence parties off the ballot.
The petition requirement tripled to 45,000 signatures - including at least 500 in half of the state's 26 congressional districts, but the six-week petitioning period remained the same.

Democrats sue to keep Green Party off North Carolina ballot

apnews.com - Fri, 05 Aug 2022 posted:

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina Democrats, accused by the Green Party of meddling in its petitioning process to qualify candidates for the November ballot, have asked a state court to overturn a unanimous elections board vote granting the Green Party official recognition despite allegations of fraud.

Biden Allies Try to Squash Third-Party Candidates

www.nytimes.com - Sun, 08 Oct 2023 posted:

## Fearing Third-Party Spoilers vs. Trump, Biden Allies Try to Squash Them

With Democrats worried that a third-party bid could throw a tight race to Donald Trump, President Biden’s top aides have blessed a broad offensive to starve such efforts of cash and ballot access.

2023-10-11T16:31:28-04:00

Powerful allies of President Biden are aggressively working to stop third-party and independent presidential candidacies, fearing that an outside bid could cost Democrats an election that many believe will again come down to a few percentage points in key battleground states.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hall passes and coordinating bills to fail and rotating villains are a conspiracy theory, it's just a coincidence that popular bills which elites don't like but that Democrats want to be seen voting for always seem to fail by exactly 1 vote

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Apr 12, 2024

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Democrats met with pro-Palestinian protesters have had an array of responses to the interruptions — from yelling back to attempting to connect them to Russia.

But President Biden, who has faced a host of cease-fire supporters across the country, has been markedly more sympathetic. Even though they wholly disagree with his Israel policy, he often sides with the protesters’ sentiments.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4589171-biden-stands-in-stark-contrast-to-democrats-confronted-by-pro-palestinian-protesters/

coverage like this is what biden needs to win

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

luv2shit posted:

░S░U░C░C░I░N░B░I░O░

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tiny Myers posted:

I posted in the last succ thread sometimes asking questions and have mostly lurked since but I have become pretty succpilled. I have gone from "vote Joe even if he sucks because trump sucks more" in 2020 to utterly disillusioned.

I'm not voting for Biden. Does that make it more likely for Trump to win? Kind of a "them" problem. Like, sorry you couldn't get a candidate that isn't actively contributing to a genocide

Anyway that's just a little thank you to the thread, gently caress Joe Biden, I heard that dude threw a party after Roe was overturned

It's always a good time to not vote for Joe Biden

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

looking forward to liberals caring deeply about the women and girls of Iran (the ones we don’t explode or starve)

women’s rights in our Middle Eastern allies will be an irrelevant whataboutism of course

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Where did you get this satellite image of me receiving the succ gospel

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thehill/status/1778829452853579895

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/PAMapper/status...ingawful.com%2F

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

The same ADL that's counting anti-Israel protests as 'antisemitism' in its incident metrics? Lmao okay then

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol must have forgotten about this

https://twitter.com/HughThunkIt/status/1778638306647105696

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/nytimes/status/1778835504462496000

Support for Palestinians has transformed into a defining issue of the left across the U.S., galvanizing a broad swath of groups into the most significant protest movement of the Biden era. Democrats are feeling the pressure.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/12/us/politics/palestine-israel-democrats.html

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

morons end it permanently not "until" insert this

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Dems claiming they’re the random guy in the background

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

saying “Senator I always thought you were an anti-racist" to Senator Lurch sounds like a You Problem frankly

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Learning soma predates Brave New World shouldn't surprise, but it does because I'm dumb.

Also mana predates the grand religious work the Secret of Mana

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Shageletic posted:

Also mana predates the grand religious work the Secret of Mana

yeah the first one was 2 years earlier on game boy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hearing reports of butcher joe throwing a party after roe got struck down

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

Bidens going to get America into a war with Iran

Lol lmao
biden has to make up for trump starting zero (0) wars

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm afraid to ask what a sewerslide is... is it a poop chute, ie butthole?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

the virgin sewerslides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm afraid to ask what a sewerslide is... is it a poop chute, ie butthole?

say it out loud