Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is OJ good enough to get into the hall of fame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Asproigerosis posted:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

1973 on its own would have been enough. He was the best RB of the early 1970s

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, 2K yards in a 14-game season is nuts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
2K(ills) in 76 years is also nuts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://twitter.com/FOX5Atlanta/status/1778717262519636241?t=K0wftr_qWgJdUHmz5iHiog&s=19

Possession of a firearm while committing felonies, possession of a vehicle with an altered VIN and theft of stolen property.

He says he bought the truck during the pandemic off Facebook, but it was reported stolen last year. So that's a little strange.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Maybe he was referring to the Taylor Swift Travis Kelce media coverage pandemic

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Also, there was an Athletic story about how T*m Br*dy said on a podcast that he is not 'opposed' to returning to the NFL. I assumed that meant as a coach or owner or something but nope, he thinks he could still play.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Isn't that the Lockette that broke his neck on a kick return?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, he said if a situation popped up later in the season he could do it.

If the Lions are like 11-4 in December, Dan Campbell probably should break Goff's legs with a kettlebell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tom Brady, much like Phillip Rivers, thinks he could still play. Dude, it's over. Let it go. I know it's hard but you have to figure out a new avenue for your hall of fame drive and dedication.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, he said if a situation popped up later in the season he could do it.

If the Lions are like 11-4 in December, Dan Campbell probably should break Goff's legs with a kettlebell.

Jared Goff's passes bounced off the hands of The Spider and the Lions scored 31 points in the NFCCG.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tom Brady will be 47 when the season begins. One hit and he'll turn to dust.

Come back, Tom Brady

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Tom Brady, much like Phillip Rivers, thinks he could still play. Dude, it's over. Let it go. I know it's hard but you have to figure out a new avenue for your hall of fame drive and dedication.

I think Phil is having a blast coaching highschool

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's the guy.

It's kind of an interesting situation because the gun charge is 'possessing a firearm in the commission of a felony' or something of the sort, which makes me think that the gun is actually legal (the felony in question being related to the truck). So if he acquired the truck legally (or semi-legally, or at least didn't steal it himself) it might not end up being a big deal.

It's definitely a but puzzling as to why a former NFL player would need or want to steal cars, but well we've seen dumber poo poo before

shyduck posted:

Come back, Tom Brady

Yeah I think I'd be fine with it because it would likely be an extremely pathetic performance. It's just talk anyways though, no one's interested.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tom should come back and lose to Pat

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

Come back, Tom Brady

Bernard Pollard would only be 39, he can come back to finish what needs to be done

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

He could probably still outperform the very worst starters in the league but who is going to pay $40 million or whatever dumbass figure he'd want for that lol. Also yeah he would probably last about as long as Rodgers did.

But he's not coming back so who cares

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm sure he'was just saying it for the clicks.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

kiimo posted:

Rivers should stick to what he's good at. Spitting out kids and railing against mask mandates.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in today's nfl an elite offensive line is equivalent to like a 14th ranked offensive line in the early 2000s. not in skill but observable protection. i guess thanks to pass rushing getting better. i don't know. but it means slow old qbs can't play except for joe flacco

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On one hand I definitely would find it funny if Brady came back and got another ring (on or for anyone but the Chiefs, because gently caress the Chiefs forever)

On the other hand I would find it even funnier if Brady came back immediately after Bill was kicked out, regardless of how it ends ring or not

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Chris James 2 posted:

On one hand I definitely would find it funny if Brady came back and got another ring (on or for anyone but the Chiefs, because gently caress the Chiefs forever)

On the other hand I would find it even funnier if Brady came back immediately after Bill was kicked out, regardless of how it ends ring or not

(Monkey's paw curls)

Brady comes back and wins another ring for the Patriots.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know if the monkey paw can do what was already being proposed like that

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Monkeys paws cause inflammation and Tom Brady wouldn't eat them for that reason, among many

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

shyduck posted:

Come back, Tom Brady

Going from T*m Br*dy to * * * * * * * *

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Android Apocalypse posted:

(Monkey's paw curls)

You know what, honestly I'd be OK with that, if only for how loving funny it would be for an ancient-rear end Brady to lead a talentless Pats squad to the Super Bowl the very season after Belicheck was canned.

Also it'd be funny for Brady to have a head coach like ten years younger than him.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes, as well as the guy who was targeted on That Play

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

(Monkey's paw curls)

the monkey paw is supposed to do something bad though, not something awesome :confused:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Barry is a coward for changing his name from Barry McCockiner

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tom Brady Strawberry Farm

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39929910/affidavit-chiefs-rashee-rice-drove-119-mph-six-car-crash

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hear the Chiefs need a WR. How about a slightly used Alan Lazzard?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No they want Juju back.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
That's championship caliber speed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Still trying to make up for that 40 time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Rookie mistake loving around with friends that you presumably care about. Veterans know to surround oneself with disposable sycophants who exist to admit to driving.