Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Doc Hawkins posted:

:thejoke:

i'll work on the delivery of that one.

I wouldn't sweat it, I'm dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pipski posted:

think boomer Moby and you're basically there

lol

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Pipski posted:

think boomer Moby and you're basically there

Nobody listens to Eno

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

completely hosed up the b52s, had no understanding of what made the band interesting oh that was talking head man nm

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Biplane posted:

There's been an England that long? drat

where else would all the angles live?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

keep punching joe posted:

Brian Eno is good actually

:hmmyes:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

historically, this will be considered his most important work

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

philip the builder getting an eyeful there

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

innovator of Eno’s Method for generating idealised badonkadonks, better known in his own time for his musical works

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Whomst among us has not used photoshop to inflate asses and append huge hogs to naked women?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I don’t know what made me read these in reverse order but I’m really glad I did.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
(enlarging bottoms mostly).

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rIP Brian eno. died without ever accepting he was a chaser.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
e? yes

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I wonder if he's moved with the times and now spends a Thursday afternoon entering horny prompts into AI image generators.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1778696691731792307

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Keir starmer drake meme. With triple lock on state pensions vs triple lock on leaky nuclear subs.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
The only way for me to feel safe at night is to know that if I ever get vaporised in nuclear light a bunch of hand wringing morons will somberly make sure the Earth is no longer fit for life.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

afroserty posted:

The only way for me to feel safe at night is to know that if I ever get vaporised in nuclear light a bunch of hand wringing morons will somberly make sure the Earth is no longer fit for life.
A full nuclear exchange would be good for the environment.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I now live somewhere where I am confident they won’t target in a nuclear exchange moving from somewhere which certainly would be to the point I would be vaporised immediately. Not really going to prepare much in any way I think but I would unfortunately be living in said wasteland.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

britain - the country where the living envy the dead, and that’s before the nukes!

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Obligatory reminder that renewing Trident was in the 2019 manifesto so this is no more a commitment to nukes than Corbyn had, it's just louder and in a worse newspaper.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I live in Sheffield so I get to watch Threads and hoot and holler at the screen when they blow up the high street

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Threads has UK society immediately regress to medieval feudal barbarism and that used to seem preposterous. Now it's the labour manifesto. We've skipped the getting nuked stage.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jables88 posted:

Obligatory reminder that renewing Trident was in the 2019 manifesto so this is no more a commitment to nukes than Corbyn had, it's just louder and in a worse newspaper.

Pushing a Corbyn government left on defense spending was a realistic goal

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
at least we know keith would launch without hesitation

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

90s Cringe Rock posted:

at least we know keith would launch without hesitation

Or provocation.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Does Paul Mason just go home every night and stare in the mirror for hours do you think

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

trident is one of those things where people justify it costing billions and billions of pounds because it safeguards 1000 jobs, Ignoring the fact that it basically works out to 50 million quid per job and we might as well just give them the money at that point

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They could just build something else, like I dunno wind turbines or something.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

PriorMarcus posted:

Or provocation.
Just a Minute but for our nuclear deterrent: can you initiate Armageddon in under a minute without hesitation, provocation, or justification?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TACD posted:

Just a Minute but for our nuclear deterrent: can you initiate Armageddon in under a minute without hesitation, provocation, or justification?

If you gently caress up Faslane goes boom

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

PriorMarcus posted:

Or provocation.

Soon as he sees a cyclist it's kaboom.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

woah now, you don't want to be commanding the economy do you?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jel Shaker posted:

trident is one of those things where people justify it costing billions and billions of pounds because it safeguards 1000 jobs, Ignoring the fact that it basically works out to 50 million quid per job and we might as well just give them the money at that point

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

No those are bad for the environment

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

we’re at a wonderful impasse where nuclear powers is the only real “green renewable” but lol if we’re ever going to build even the couple the chinese were supposed to

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jel Shaker posted:

we’re at a wonderful impasse where nuclear powers is the only real “green renewable” but lol if we’re ever going to build even the couple the chinese were supposed to

They take bloody ages, years ago makes sense but as each year goes on and renewable + storage looks better assuming some kinks can be worked out:

https://spectrum.ieee.org/electrolysis-of-seawater etc. Hydrogen fuel for storage (burns into water) and using excess renewable to power it, or better yet Severn barrage as a power source and place to do it.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Eh arguably neither nuclear nor solar/wind is fully "green" or "renewable" right now, since commonly used nuclear fuel isn't completely unlimited and wind/solar plants require massive energy storage (for the most part with not particularly eco-friendly lithium batteries; other storage isn't really practical yet on sufficient scale) or using fossil fuel plants to counter cyclical issues.

Both are still far better than anything else obviously and conceivably could get significantly better with further R&D.

But fixating on setup cost and ignoring the cost of energy storage is extremely shortsighted when comparing the two and usually pushed by people who complain about ScArY UnNaTuRaL AtOmS, which is sadly somewhat common.

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Starbucks posted:

They take bloody ages, years ago makes sense but as each year goes on and renewable + storage looks better assuming some kinks can be worked out:

https://spectrum.ieee.org/electrolysis-of-seawater etc. Hydrogen fuel for storage (burns into water) and using excess renewable to power it, or better yet Severn barrage as a power source and place to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO82IZEk_gA

video from 2010 btw

saying there’s no point to nuclear because it wouldn’t come on line until the middle of the next decade (ie now)

Jel Shaker has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Apr 12, 2024