Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ether Frenzy posted:

A 75 year old Renault 2CV can do anything a CYBERTRVKK can do but instead of women thinking you're an incel they'll post a tiktok titled "wow this french resistance guy has BDE". Also none of the wheels will break off

Hate to be that person, but Citroën was the company that made the 2CV, not Renault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Correct. But Renault DID make the 4cv, which is also fantastic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

that's how the logdriver learns to haul ... heavily

lmao

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

You Am I posted:

Hate to be that person, but Citroën was the company that made the 2CV, not Renault

Lol. of course they did, I'm frankly amazed no one noticed that mistake before you did. :toot:

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Correct. But Renault DID make the 4cv, which is also fantastic.

Now this is actually a really awesome vehicle. Would drive about the gallic countryside making "bosh" noises at random

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I can smell the Gauloises from here

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

most cars you honk the horn. in that car you hon the horn

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats okay for a straight line bomb but on less than ideal surfaces that kind of max traction isnt actually what you want - you do want the tyres to spin esp if there's surface dirt or even on say slippery grass the electronic TC will have issues working out what to do, Mechanical is still by far the best option. Now electornic (preferably one you can dial in) AND mechanical? Yeah potentially mechanical to do the base work and electronic to add some trim, that would be exceptional and what I would think a properly designed Cybershit should have had from day one.

Properly designed is doing a looooot of work here and the Cybershit is certainly not in any way properly designed

I've been thinking about this and I suspect that it would be possible to make a quad-motor EV drivetrain that works about as well as locking differential. Mechanical differential doesn't know when the wheels are slipping a suitable amount, that's a job for the driver. I think it could be possible to reach the same result if the traction control has a "locked differential" mode, the computer will keep all the wheels turning at identical speed and the driver chooses the speed.

I also saw this scene in Matt's Offroad Recovery and I thought it would be interesting if you could put 90% of the torque to the front right wheel and rest of the wheels are there just to give some pressure. I'd like to see how capable a quad-motor offroad drivetrain could be.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

quad motor is even simpler than that; each wheel recieves 100% of its motor's torque at all times regardless of if the others are doing. it wouldn't need to simulate a locking diff because a locking diff is a means to accomplish something a quad motor inherently does

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bro got taken. Water in the cylinders, but good looking outside, and good head gaskets means... what? Cracked heads? Left out in the rain a bit? Crack in the intake coolant passages? Wear on the bearings was concerning, but could just be, you know: wear from use.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

King poo poo

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cactus Ghost posted:

90s saturn good, 00s saturn bad

I have a 2002 Saturn SL1. It's pretty solid. Boring, but solid.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I can smell the Gauloises from here

Not just any Gauloises, either; the old, funky ones that emitted thick, yellow smoke

In the yellow pack. Not the blue ones.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

Bro got taken. Water in the cylinders, but good looking outside, and good head gaskets means... what? Cracked heads? Left out in the rain a bit? Crack in the intake coolant passages? Wear on the bearings was concerning, but could just be, you know: wear from use.

it's water, not coolant, so i am guessing it's rainwater, yeah. looks like it was sitting for a long time like that, not a running motor that was consuming coolant (and steam cleaning itself in the process)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have a 2002 Saturn SL1. It's pretty solid. Boring, but solid.

yeah the S series were what i was picturing as 90s saturn. s series good

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Raluek posted:

it's water, not coolant, so i am guessing it's rainwater, yeah. looks like it was sitting for a long time like that, not a running motor that was consuming coolant (and steam cleaning itself in the process)

Agreed. I noted the rusty intake ports from the start.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

From Imgur
Crooked as gently caress tow truck companies

https://i.imgur.com/qc78qeX.mp4

quote:

A tow truck driver in downtown San Francisco is attempting to hook up and tow a vehicle in traffic. This is a vehicle being driven by someone sitting in traffic at an intersection waiting on a light to change.

The towing company, Speciality Towing, also doesn’t look like it’s much of a reputable business. In February, San Francisco city attorney David Chiu suspended six local towing companies from doing business with the city. Of those six, three — including Specialty Towing — were owned by two individuals, Abigail Fuentes and Jose Badillo. It turns out the pair were up to no good. They were involved in a welfare scheme and lied about their income to receive public assistance according to a statement from Chiu’s office.

I'm impressed the Waymo car got out of the way so well.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

slidebite posted:

From Imgur

That's insane, how many people do you think you could snatch like this in the age of dash cams and cellphone video before getting caught? A scam as brazen as it is stupid.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Isn't that attempted kidnapping?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I assume that's a repo order, but, uh, you don't do that when someone is occupying the vehicle.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sounds like they're shifty as gently caress and should be charged.
https://abc7news.com/exclusive-bay-area-couple-shocked-after-tow-truck-tries-to-nab-moving-car-in-san-francisco/14644893/

quote:

ABC7 reached out to Special Towing via email and phone but did not hear back.

The company along with two others were charged by City Attorney David Chiu in Feb. for fraud and illegally towing parked cars. His office described the company as "unscrupulous" in their online news release. Specialty Towing is now prohibited from bidding or receiving city contracts.

Joanne and her husband tell me they were eventually able to lose the tow truck and drove back home to the East Bay. They maintain they didn't do anything wrong and are still perplexed as to why they were targeted.

"Full disclaimer, I definitely paid off my car, I paid my registration," she says.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

acab includes repos imo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
that is some fuckin GTA poo poo and I cannot imagine what that must've felt like, suddenly realizing that the tow truck in front of you in traffic is actively trying to snare you

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

You know how we sometimes have the conversation about not doing anything too stupid just in case the person you're pissing off has a gun?

I feel like doing this to the wrong person is a surefire way of getting yourself at least one extra hole....?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You know how we sometimes have the conversation about not doing anything too stupid just in case the person you're pissing off has a gun?

I feel like doing this to the wrong person is a surefire way of getting yourself at least one extra hole....?

Tow drivers are routinely packing because that line of work is often at great risk of escalation, even when they're doing totally legitimate poo poo not... that. So there's decent odds that would start a firefight.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah he definitely took a risk there, you never know who's packing, and if you randomly start towing vehicles for no reason odds are you're gonna get shot/stabbed/assaulted eventually.

But criminals usually don't worry about risk so the story seems on par with the type of business they are.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

"Worship" is a weird way to describe a thing I want because it's neat.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Kei truck - 100% cute

Cybertruck - 100% ugly

The numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

On point meme I've just seen (Tesla Stan one though the Mustang one is p.good too)

https://twitter.com/ChasingStyx/status/1778844649680978338?t=aq66uAuzxi8oZ9K3-3-YqA&s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stonetoss is an irl neo-nazi

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Alaois posted:

Stonetoss is an irl neo-nazi

It's true. It was recently found out who he was so hopefully he gets his.

(and that's an edited/stolen comic)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Arrath posted:

Tow drivers are routinely packing because that line of work is often at great risk of escalation, even when they're doing totally legitimate poo poo not... that. So there's decent odds that would start a firefight.
Perhaps, but lots of people only pull out a piece when they think the odds are in their favor because they don't want to get shot. In this case I guess it could work both ways. But isn't California a very unfriendly state to people who carry?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

But isn't California a very unfriendly state to people who carry?

Very.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
On one hand California doesn't have running gun battles through the streets over minor debt inconveniences, but on the other hand they probably do not try this in Texas.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Amishybertrvkk

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

slidebite posted:

From Imgur

Little surprises me in life anymore but this did.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

isn't like 2/3 of CA's counties shall-issue

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

slidebite posted:

From Imgur

Huh, that sure is their phone number on this viral video of them committing a crime. Fascinating.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Cactus Ghost posted:

acab includes repos imo

tow guy was repoing a car down my street while i was driving by and i was going to start honking my horn but duder set off the cars alarm lol. loving scumbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cactus Ghost posted:

isn't like 2/3 of CA's counties shall-issue

yeah, all the ones where nobody lives, lol

Cactus Ghost posted:

acab includes repos imo

isnt our own Trouser Chili a repo man?