Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Hard mode in DDDA is also just like a straight 450% increase to outgoing enemy damage so I wouldn't expect anything particularly interesting from it for DD2

e: from the wiki

quote:

Damage and stamina
The Arisen will sustain more damage than normal (4.5x) and stamina usage will drain faster. Pawns are unaffected by Hard Mode.
The damage increase is less on Bitterblack Isle - around 2.25x
Stamina drain from skill usage and spellcasting is approximately 50% higher than that of Normal Mode. Stamina drain from running is unchanged from Normal Mode.
The effects of Damage Reducing Augments is increased.

Monsters
Enemy Stagger and Knockdown resistance is Tripled. This makes it dramatically harder to inflict.
Enemy health is unchanged.
Enemy intelligence and behavior is unchanged.
The online or offline Ur-Dragon intelligence, behavior, and difficulty is unchanged. Entering the Chamber of Lament will switch the difficulty automatically to Normal Mode, netting the same rewards as Normal and Easy mode. Difficulty then reverts to the player's selected setting upon leaving the Chamber of Lament.
Some of the Goblin mobs in Gransys will spawn with 1-3 more members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The game's been telling me to go back to Melve after they repair it for ages now. Is there a trigger for it to happen? Every time I've checked it's nothing new.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Man, exploring the ocean coast is a drag. Suicidal pawns really suck the joy out of stumbling across Oh, dragon forge guy was right here the whole time, huh.. When the #1 problem is dumbass suicidal pawns reacting to harpies.

A: 1/10th of the time. Harpies remembers they can grab people, throw my pawns into the ocean.
B. 9/10th of the time. Pawn goes stupid in the head, jumps into the ocean voluntarily hoping to punch a harpy.

Please stop trying to suicide into a flare primed harpy in the sky you can't possibly reach. Why are you like this. Every fight in this area is "Please god, please do not commit loving suicide while ignoring me spam the 'to me' command."

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

The game's been telling me to go back to Melve after they repair it for ages now. Is there a trigger for it to happen? Every time I've checked it's nothing new.

You sure you're not misreading it and it's not actually telling you to go back to the similarly named Harve?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Turns out harpies are as bad at bean bag tossing as I am. They grabbed a pawn and tried to throw her in the river, but somehow chucked her laterally a good 50 feet or so and she managed to land on the shore. Still very dead, but at least recoverable.

I wish the game would either stop being helpful by teleporting dead pawns back to where they were standing, or give me some sort of notice about it so I stop clambering down cliffs for corpse retrieval only to find they're above me now.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You sure you're not misreading it and it's not actually telling you to go back to the similarly named Harve?

The Melve/Harve thing hosed me up constantly until I finally started keeping them straight in NG+

e:

RBA Starblade posted:

gently caress lol
lol

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 12, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how Mystic Spearhand, the vocation designed to fight dragons, sucks incredibly at it lol. I had to use two wakestones because the drakes know they can just grab you, wait the invincibility out, then do the instant-kill 100 foot suplex lmao. Think I'm going to switch back to Thief for the endgame, since "climb to heart, stab forever" seems like the ideal tactic still. Spearhand just takes too much stamina to do one hit for minimal damage while it charges up the You Lose attack

The Cheshire Cat posted:

gently caress lol

e: Three, he used the instant kill meteorite attack after he died lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 12, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought the Melve/Harve confusion was just me having a broken brain, glad to see it's a common thing.

Tbf, they're also kinda similar as "busted up towns in Vermund"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Somehow I've only been actually grabbed by a drake twice, despite madly stabbing them in the chest most of the time. If you're far enough under them they tend to whiff the grab.

Meteoron can be avoided for the most part if you just keep moving. Though yesterday I had two newbie pawns with me for fun. I saw them huddled together under an Anodyne bubble as the Meteoron cast finished and was like welp, kids gotta learn somehow.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also armor not becoming dragonforged by fighting dragons now is lame

Thundarr posted:

Somehow I've only been actually grabbed by a drake twice, despite madly stabbing them in the chest most of the time. If you're far enough under them they tend to whiff the grab.

Meteoron can be avoided for the most part if you just keep moving. Though yesterday I had two newbie pawns with me for fun. I saw them huddled together under an Anodyne bubble as the Meteoron cast finished and was like welp, kids gotta learn somehow.

I just didn't expect a post-death gently caress you lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Though yesterday I had two newbie pawns with me for fun.

So did I just today, and to my delight I found out that your main pawn will play the part of the grizzled old veteran who's been around the block a few times

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I assume my pawn just has a haunted and vacant 1000 yard stare at all times due to all the seeker token knowledge they possess.

Edit: You're fighting a drake but all they're thinking about is that seeker token on the nearby ledge that you're just ignoring.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 12, 2024

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Perhaps they too can hear the augment dinging.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Had a lovely time, accidentally got most of the achievements, thought I'd power through.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I'm assuming this is probably more of a problem for PC players since you can just cheat-engine in the Seeker Tokens if you want.

Playing on PS5, I've maybe seen 2-3 total pawns with the armor across my 70 hours of play.

But also I'm corset-pilled. I have the right kind of broke brain that I farmed 180 tokens for the corset and staff and then had the sphynx duplicate the corset so both me and my pawn could wear it.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I'm up to 112 tokens on PS5. My giant pawn will have it soon.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Somebody should role-play a trad Arisen and hire all the corset pawns and send them back in more fitting clothing

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
My main pawn complaint is that like 80% of the pawns on the ranking list are now called SphinxParent or a variation. They should just filter those out completely.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I favorited and commonly bring a himbo mage who has the corset and looks like one of those 'photoshopped person into chad meme proportions' pictures. they also went with one of the ridiculously pitched down voices.

AAA++ pawn creation

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I missed the Mountain Shrine, ran into the misty marshes, killed a lich, then finally killed off the griffin that's been plaguing me all game.

He's not the only one right? I'd feel bad if I just made them extinct lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Volte posted:

My main pawn complaint is that like 80% of the pawns on the ranking list are now called SphinxParent or a variation. They should just filter those out completely.

It was useful when I needed one for the quest yesterday but also the ranking lists are all kinda useless, aren't they?

"This one type of pawn is needed for a quest" is going to immediately cause that pawn to skyrocket in rankings. I never use the rankings though as I don't really see the point in the first place. I always just do a specific advanced search.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

yeah once I crossed a certain level this is what happens anytime I open the rift to search for a mage, get better content nerds

big respect to the people who do this instead

I really like that they added the ability to see a pawn's arisen because 90% of the time you click on a pawn like this their arisen is just as good

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
To be fair, the one boobie armor is one of the best mage armors in the game, and you can find it pretty easily for free

The game also has no issues with letting your muscle wizard daddy pawn wearing it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Owl Inspector posted:

big respect to the people who do this instead

This rules. I wish there were way way more of these

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
thats why i got my pawn in a heavy robe and witch hat

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Oh my God I got to the unmoored world before I realized how to use quickspell.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm honestly not seeing that many corset pawns. I think the Rift algorithm is just showing you what you want to see :D

Anyway, someone sent my pawn back in a new hat, and I noticed she had a black eye or something:

At first I thought it was the 'blight again, but it's probably just a scar. Should go away if I visit the hot springs, I take it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phlegmish posted:

I'm honestly not seeing that many corset pawns. I think the Rift algorithm is just showing you what you want to see :D

Anyway, someone sent my pawn back in a new hat, and I noticed she had a black eye or something:

At first I thought it was the 'blight again, but it's probably just a scar. Should go away if I visit the hot springs, I take it.

Imagine if you could invade that Arisen's world to avenge your pawn

Give us pvp capcom. Chaotic, insanely janky pvp

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume she's always had it and I just couldn't see it with her regular hat, but I agree that you should be able to challenge other Arisen for mistreating your pawn.

What? He just threw you off a cliff once he was done with you? Get in, he'll be the opposite of arisen once we're finished

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So sleeping in my house in Batthal spawned a guard inside, which seems to have pissed off my pawns and sent them on an anti guard rampage :stare:

Loading last in save, the are still there... and declares "What do you think you're doing in here!?" and starts attacking me in my own home. Uh... This could be a problem.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Do you have your papers (residence permit) on you?

That happened to me too until i remembered i put them in storage. Benevolent empress my rear end, it's a police state

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Imagine if you could invade that Arisen's world to avenge your pawn

Give us pvp capcom. Chaotic, insanely janky pvp

everfall but every room is a different PVP gimmick

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

That happened to me too until i remembered i put them in storage. Benevolent empress my rear end, it's a police state

The same happens to me all the time but they've never attacked. Maybe it's because I keep giving flowers to the guards in my quest to get 50 NPCs to high affection.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Nah I'm in here early, just been having a long training and exploration montage in act 1 in the desert. Nobody did more than talk tough and that was all, but a guy spawning in my paid for house after being there over a month (given pawn hire time counters when I dismiss them)? gently caress me I guess. Game could probably sense I wanted to take a break after the home save.

This has also been the day the entire desert has decided to be extra zesty with spawn refresh hoping camping out a week will reset AI brains after fleeing the city mashnig the to me button. As I mulch my way to the nearest campfire, and a griffin and extra hairy troll decide they wanted to be there first.

They are dead now, but YEESH. I wish I got the cool consequences and hardships people keep bragging about, instead of "Sometimes the game just decides it wants to slow you down." (Flare, I love you. But when I have to cast you on a leg on purpose because my magic missiles refuse to aim at a face so you fizzle....) Hopefully when I get back to it, sleeping at the camp a few more times will make the city AI refresh.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if I ever GOT a house permit? Lady said I had one, but never noticed a new paper in my inventory and I never put papers in storage out of paranoia. Great now I'm curious if I got ripped off, or I do have one somewhere and never noticed. (I know ending act 1 gives you border gate papers, but the back way in has been just fine for ages until now)

... Mother fucker, ambush auto destroyed the "resistant to desert monster attacks" sand pattern kit. Game, buddy, I know you are probably trying to discourage "spamming camping", but I'm only spamming camping because of jank. Good thing I never threw any away and they are in storage.

Victory: aaand, back. Home save, nobody trying to kill eachother for no reason. On the bright side, that awkward detour pushed me to rank 9/9 Sorcerer/Warrior mowing through every interruption outside the city. HOWEVER. I now have realized one particular guard will stalk me forever in the morning, until I give them a chance to talk poo poo "What do you think you are doing here" after which they head for their spot to just pose by the flower merchant. So... that is a thing, I guess.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 13, 2024

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nuebot posted:

The same happens to me all the time but they've never attacked. Maybe it's because I keep giving flowers to the guards in my quest to get 50 NPCs to high affection.

I went to bakbattahl long before getting the papers and they never attacked me either, they would just bump into me, say an aggressive line and then walk away, once every 1-2 minutes. I had no idea what was happening

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If they're attacking you, it's possible you killed someone aligned with them. Quest spoilers for the ghostly cart: i ended up killing the guards at the end of that quest and refused to wakestone them until the bakbattahl guards started attacking me. resurrecting the only guy in the mausoleum, and carrying my papers, fixed all that

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

If they're attacking you, it's possible you killed someone aligned with them. Quest spoilers for the ghostly cart: i ended up killing the guards at the end of that quest and refused to wakestone them until the bakbattahl guards started attacking me. resurrecting the only guy in the mausoleum, and carrying my papers, fixed all that

Well, it all started with waking up with a guard inside my house. Before I fled the city, and had the biggest murder brawl to and from the nearest campfire I have ever had, seemingly resetting city aggro.

At this point, giving it a few different house rests to be sure they always follow me in the morning. I think it really is one particular Battahl guard AI being creepy stalker for me. If they don't get the chance to say their line, they keep walking towards me instead of heading to their end destination posing by the flower merchant.

So if that was already happening, then that would explain why I woke up to somebody watching me sleep and everything getting violent :stonk:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 13, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Owl Inspector posted:

I went to bakbattahl long before getting the papers and they never attacked me either, they would just bump into me, say an aggressive line and then walk away, once every 1-2 minutes. I had no idea what was happening

They do the same to me, I still haven't met brant at the bar. The only part of the map I haven't explored is the medusa temple because I'm waiting to finish sorcerer so I can switch to warfarer and try to cut her head off.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've seen a ton of the corsets on PS5, and to be fair they actually aren't that far off in defensive stats from the stuff the Dragonforged sells you. But I suspect most of the people putting them on their lady pawns aren't doing it for minmax reasons.

e: how did I never notice the medusa bow gives you like 3x XP for killing things with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So I'm on my second playthrough and doing the first round of main quests, and Brant just runs out of quests. I think I still have Allard's quest to do but he won't give it to me - this didn't happen in my first playthrough lol. Any idea what I'm missing?