Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

sharkmafia posted:

good morning friends

i have a very important question for you: on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you dislike day 1

1 D1 is the best

I have not read any other post. I wander if anyone else has done negative numbers. If they have, I amend my answer to one below them because d1 is dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Negative numbers aren't between 1 and 10, but i could make a good argument that, depending on the definition of between, complex numbers could be!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I should have made my flavor the ninja editor. I had the chance to fulfill a dream but I was closed off from my own heart

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

It really makes you think about how we should all be more aware of what we pine for. Remember to always be conscious of all of your desires so that you can instantly cling on to them once you get the chance

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dominoes posted:

Negative numbers aren't between 1 and 10, but i could make a good argument that, depending on the definition of between, complex numbers could be!

Numbers are complex as it is

I don’t believe in complex numbers, they are trying too hard

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

Numbers are complex as it is

I don’t believe in complex numbers, they are trying too hard
How do you feel about IEEE 754?

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
HELLO! Sorry I'm a bit late to the thread; busy day so far

I love surveys! Oh shoot I have to fill out the one for my windshield repair guy who did a great job. And guess what?! His name was Jose! Not sure if he was a JoseF or a JoseV. Oh wait I bet I can find out one sec. Ope no just got a first name.

Anyway. I'm going to go with PI! a lower number because MOST of the time I like D1s. But sometimes it's a lot of people posting about past games and I feel left out. But now that I've played a few more games sometimes I know what they're talking about and that makes me happy. But also it's an irrational number because no one's D1 reads make sense to me. And also I am hungry even though I literally just ate

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tom Tucker posted:

"Hey everyone post a number about how much you like or don't like day 1"
"But what about a numerical one?"
"You should post a numerical number."
"OK I'm doing something but don't worry about it."
"I'm asking for numbers for a reason."

Next it will be:

"The numbers may do something like x..."
"The numbers do ______"
"Here's the result"
"(number does something)"

This is a classic drip claim which scum do all the time where they string along content and role information while dripping it out.

So my theory is:

1) sharkmafia can do something if people post numbers in their posts.
2) presumably this only interacts with people who actually post numerical numbers, thus the insistence on it.
3) if this were a town role sharkmafia could just say "hey everyone I have a cool thing I can do but only if you post a numerical number in your post so please do so so that I can cast a wide net with it!"
4) but sharkmafia doesn't do this.
5) this reveals a guilty conscience. sharkmafia wants to be able to cast as wide a net as possible but doesn't communicate why, and only drip claims when called on it.
6) if this role was town surely enough numbers would appear through random posting in the game to allow actions to take place? but no, that's not enough for sharkmafia, because a town would be fine with a small pool given the uncertainty of giving a boon / setback to scum or town pretty randomly, but scum would want as wide a range as possible to be able to give out boons / setbacks in a targeted fashion with their more complete knowledge of the game.

Thus sharkmafia was hoping to get people to post numerical numbers because it is in their power role that they can do something if this happens but rather than doing so in a townie way by explaining this they designed a ruse for it, revealing both a guilty conscience about the role and a desire to ensure a wide net is cast in the pool of people the power can target, which scum would naturally prioritize given their more complete knowledge of the game.

Thus sharkmafia is scum.

##vote sharkmafia

hwhat

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Will note vote PMuzz for Ope either.

What a fun game you guys I just know we're going to teach the scum how to find true happiness by repenting their evil ways :sun:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dominoes posted:

How do you feel about IEEE 754?

Scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Good thing I posted the correct number, and I will be rewarded for it with gold and beautiful concubines

I assume TPC chose to be more fo their role and will not vote them

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

if you had read Periodic Table mafia you'd recognize this as standard play from Tom :v:
I started paying attention after he was dunked sorry :(

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

yuming posted:

Will note vote PMuzz for Ope either.

What a fun game you guys I just know we're going to teach the scum how to find true happiness by repenting their evil ways :sun:

I think yuming chose “yuming” as flavor

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Jose Valasquez posted:

if you had read Periodic Table mafia you'd recognize this as standard play from Tom :v:

I read D1 and it does seem consistent.

zzyzx posted:

Yes, but Tom was a scum reverse death miller in that game, if you recall.

Double-checked since I only read D1, TT was VT.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Pussy Quipped posted:

I think yuming chose “yuming” as flavor
I didn't and that's what is kinda crackin' me up cos I'm trying to do a bit.

But then I realize the bit is the same as how I usually post so it doesn't even come across. :sparkles:

But OMG you guys let's throw the biggest, loudest, craziest dance party every tonight, kay?!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'd say we could watch Lana on the Coachella stream but that is not exactly the energy I was hoping for~

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I read the rest and agree

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

CubicalSucrose posted:

I read D1 and it does seem consistent.

Double-checked since I only read D1, TT was VT.

Reading Tom's post maybe I'd slightly lean town, but like its a very tom Tucker post. I dont agree with it but I appreciate the effort

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Whoever posts immediately after me is scum

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

I'm up for a(n) (in?)voluntary alignment change, sure.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote cube

Book em

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

See, I was right

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

[quote="Your Personal Muse" post="538908595"]
##vote cube

Book em
[/quote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CubicalSucrose posted:

holy poo poo a real scum claim

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Token Female posted:

Reading Tom's post maybe I'd slightly lean town, but like its a very tom Tucker post. I dont agree with it but I appreciate the effort

Yeah I don't think Tom is scum for his huge effortpost I just think he's made mistakes in his assessment of the basic facts as outlined in the thread which has caused him to come to blindingly incorrect conclusions

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Monathin posted:

Yeah I don't think Tom is scum for his huge effortpost I just think he's made mistakes in his assessment of the basic facts as outlined in the thread which has caused him to come to blindingly incorrect conclusions

this plus tbh I didn't read Tom's post because there's nothing to base a serious case on but effortposting is Tom's thing

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Anyone who read Tom’s post is scum

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

reading is fundamental, both in mafia and in life

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

reading is fundamental, both in mafia and in life

Could you make a compelling case for that in 240 characters or less

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

didn't read this but I feel like it's probably true

~*~ViBeS~*~

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ypm is town. Feel good about this one

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Could you make a compelling case for that in 240 characters or less

Higher-level cognitive skills, such as reading comprehension, let you not only identify what is being left unsaid (a vital part of scumhunting), but is valuable for staying ahead of corporate exploitation in our heavily capitalist world.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

Higher-level cognitive skills, such as reading comprehension, let you not only identify what is being left unsaid (a vital part of scumhunting), but is valuable for staying ahead of corporate exploitation in our heavily capitalist world.

It would be convincing if you had more detail to your argument, opinion discarded

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You only gave me 240 characters to work with!!!!! I was 3 shy! Motherfucker! :argh:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

That sentence should really say “,but are also” istead of “,but is” imo

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Did we find scum yet

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JosefStalinator posted:

Did we find scum yet
I haven’t yet.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Pussy Quipped posted:

Phew I'm glad I unvoted you I didn't know you were chill like that

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

Did we find scum yet

CubicalSucrose posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Pussy Quipped posted:

won't be voting pussy quipped today for displaying adequate reading comprehension