Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Not everyone. Kai Winn, for whom you have a soft spot, had a raging boner at the prospect of going back to a caste system. Presumably that Bajoran who casually murdered someone for not accepting their place as an Untouchable was cool with it too.

Whoa now, I am no Kai Winn apologist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

Whoa now, I am no Kai Winn apologist!

I'm a kai winn hater.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'm a kai winn hater.

I have to confess though I do have a soft spot for Kai Winn. She survived the Occupation. All kinds of Bajorans made choices they are not proud of. And how much did Kai Winn actually help? Was she a hero in the Occupation?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's actually discussed that Kai Winn bribed officials to save Bajorians.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
https://www.startrek.com/news/lower-decks-conclude-fifth-final-season

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It's actually discussed that Kai Winn bribed officials to save Bajorians.

So she's a hero of the Occupation.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

gently caress you paramount.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Their caste system also sucked from a pragmatic point of view. It's not like in Battletech where you default to a caste based on lineage but if you don't work out or show aptitude for something else you get reassigned.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kai winn did exactly one thing wrong, and that was boning dukat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Watching DS9 and Voyager and there's a couple of Bajoran characters that have showed up that seem pretty cool. One is Seska, she is kind of a spitfire and doesn't get along with Starfleet as fast as the other marquis. She seems to have a good skeptical and pragmatic head on her shoulders. And finally another lady for Torres to talk to.

The other I can't remember his name, but he just met Kai Winn and he's just a simple man of the land. Seems really laid back and chill, I think he might be able to chill out Winn a little with this romance that seems to be developing.

Can't wait to see what happens with both of these characters

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Spoiler alert they get flushed down the wormhole.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Finishing a show while it’s still good is fine with me.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Finishing a show while it’s still good is fine with me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shows gotta end sometime.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A simple farmer, a man of the land....

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shows gotta end sometime.

Yeah after season 7 like the rest of them

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Well except Enterprise

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

redshirt posted:

I have to confess though I do have a soft spot for Kai Winn. She survived the Occupation. All kinds of Bajorans made choices they are not proud of. And how much did Kai Winn actually help? Was she a hero in the Occupation?

Surviving the occupation doesn't mean she gets a free pass to be a real piece of poo poo for the rest of her life.

The first time we see her she religiously guilts a woman into blowing up a school and murdering a maintenance dude, all the name of setting up an attempted assassination of a political rival.

The second time we see her she agrees to support a military coup expressly to further her own power

The third time we see her she grants clemency to a nazi cardassian occupation sympathizer to spread rumors about a political rival

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

redshirt posted:

Well except Enterprise

Like the good rest of them

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Surviving the occupation doesn't mean she gets a free pass to be a real piece of poo poo for the rest of her life.

The first time we see her she religiously guilts a woman into blowing up a school and murdering a maintenance dude, all the name of setting up an attempted assassination of a political rival.

The second time we see her she agrees to support a military coup expressly to further her own power

The third time we see her she grants clemency to a nazi cardassian occupation sympathizer to spread rumors about a political rival

I am not defending Kai Winn, friend. Just trying to understand her.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
kai winn is a great character. i love to hate her and her actress was incredible

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
since we're on the subject, reposting kai wint

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

Spoiler alert they get flushed down the wormhole.

that's farscape

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

redshirt posted:

A simple farmer, a man of the land....

how did kai winn not realize he had the exact same voice as dukat? what a loving moron.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
winn didn't really interact with dukat much. though, i'm sure he made a lot of global broadcasts while he was running the occupation. that's probably most of what he did during that time, actually.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Space Jam posted:

how did kai winn not realize he had the exact same voice as dukat? what a loving moron.

Imagine hearing Hitler's voice from his speeches then 17 years later Hitler without his mustache wearing a hat walks in and sleazes it up

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

that voice… it sounds like someone who used to want my attention…

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mycomancy posted:

Imagine hearing Hitler's voice from his speeches then 17 years later Hitler without his mustache wearing a hat walks in and sleazes it up

With different skin color and hair, and ridges on his face instead of a spoon, it's more likely than you think. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i still want to know what a bajoran car looks like

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mailorder bees posted:

kai winn is a great character. i love to hate her and her actress was incredible

You know she was an academy award winner, right?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mycomancy posted:

Hey Baby, ever seen the Moons of Exendor?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

oh yeah we have ai now

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That guy who worked for Kai Win saw through Dukays disguises but then I think Dukat murdered him or she murdered him.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

VectorSigma posted:

oh yeah we have ai now

For it to really be Bajoran at least one civil war needed to be averted sometime during its production.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

cardassians are clearly the more advanced automotive society

btw the prompts for these were literally just "a bajoran/cardassian automobile" with no embellishment by myself, using stable diffusion and the zavychromaXL v6 model

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

That guy who worked for Kai Win saw through Dukays disguises but then I think Dukat murdered him or she murdered him.

Dukat murdered him.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
It was kai win, dukat took care of the body.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

Another Bill posted:

You know she was an academy award winner, right?

yes and deservedly so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kai Winn/Nurse Ratched, the woman of your dreams....