Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

Keith Lee has been injured pretty much his entire time in AEW. I don't really think he fits in with those other two.

OK, fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Worst case of doesn't-wanna-job-itis I've ever seen.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Dave's star ratings

- Rhea vs. Becky - 4.25 STARS
- Ladder match - 4.25 STARS
- Rey & Andrade vs. Dom & Santos - 3.75 STARS
- Jey vs. Jimmy - 0.75 STARS
- Jade, Bianca, Naomi vs. Damage CTRL - 2 STARS
- Sami vs. Gunther - 4.5 STARS
- Bloodline vs. Cody & Seth - 4 STARS

- Seth vs. Drew - 3.5 STARS
- The Pride vs. Final Testament - 1.75 STARS
- LA vs. AJ - 3.5 STARS
- Logan vs. Randy vs. KO - 4.25 STARS
- Bayley vs. IYO - 4.5 STARS
- Roman vs. Cody - 4.75 STARS

Based purely on the clips I’ve seen, that seems extremely generous to Jey vs. Jimmy

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

edogawa rando posted:

Honestly, Malakai, Miro and probably Keith Lee can just gently caress off back to WWE. They can go sit backstage in catering at a RAW taping, doing not much else other than sucking a Saudi blood money covered dick together at this point.

Malakai and Keith Lee would be utilized in a Paul Levesque WWE. Miro I’m not so sure, I don’t think he did much of note in NXT.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if wwe medical could clear malakai to lay down on his back again he might be better utilized there

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If Ricky Starks is gonna go to the wwe when his contract is up, I hope he asked chris jericho for tips on wrestling in lifts during their feud

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rotinaj posted:

If Ricky Starks is gonna go to the wwe when his contract is up, I hope he asked chris jericho for tips on wrestling in lifts during their feud

At this point I hope he just takes Chris with him to show him personally

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I checked it out a few weeks ago; one of the last people to pin Malakai was Cody.

Since then he's been in trios action where Brody or Buddy can eat the pin for him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

:hmmyes: I see wisdom in this suggestion

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

a dumb moron posted:

Malakai and Keith Lee would be utilized in a Paul Levesque WWE. Miro I’m not so sure, I don’t think he did much of note in NXT.

Kriss Krossion's stable is growing in numbers, you mean?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

His new character should be Tricky Starks and he's always working on a scheme

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Malakai going back to the Fed would be hilarious because they would ask him to tone down the Satanist stuff and force him to rise out of a coffin again or put him with Carry On Cross, so I'm all for it. Unfortunately the schedule would cause his back to crumble away to dust and he'd never be on TV again after 6 months

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Miro, too. I fondly remember his biggest story line in the WWE, which was getting cucked by Bobby Lashley, or maybe he was the cucker, or I guess possibly his wife was a secret lesbian that cucked them both. Good times, totally understandable he'd want to go back to that. WWE would never make him out to look like a loving loser.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Codependent Poster posted:

Feels like Ricky, Malachi, and Buddy have their bags packed and are just waiting for their deals to be up.

I don't know what they expect to find over there. Two of them can maybe travel with their wives, I guess, but I don't see WWE backing up the big money truck for them or slotting them any higher than lower/mid card. They're all good wrestlers, but WWE has plenty of good wrestlers. It's no longer an era where a talent like Andrade or Buddy stand out for their workrate. It's just the norm. They could take someone like Corbin or Karion Kross' spot, but who wants to change jobs for that?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

miros probably staying. he seems to have a good relationship with toney

the rest of the fed-pilled guys will probably be back sooner rather than later. just in time to be extra meat in another andre the giant battle royale!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
How many times has a wrestler been cucked in WWE for Vince's entertainment?

Goldust twice by Brian Pillman and Val Venis
Test by Triple H
John Morrison (by Batista
Zack Ryder by John Cena
Mike Kannelis by ???
Miro by Bobby Lashley and... Liv Morgan?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

super macho dude posted:

Malakai going back to the Fed would be hilarious because they would ask him to tone down the Satanist stuff and force him to rise out of a coffin again or put him with Carry On Cross, so I'm all for it. Unfortunately the schedule would cause his back to crumble away to dust and he'd never be on TV again after 6 months

I wasn't watching WWE when Malakai was there but I did see all the jokes about him just doing promos in a dark closet backstage for most of his run, which is the same goddamn thing he's done in AEW so who the gently caress cares where he goes.

edit: at this point the House of Black is basically Julia Hart with her occasional muscle Brody King and the stable is better for it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

I wasn't watching WWE when Malakai was there but I did see all the jokes about him just doing promos in a dark closet backstage for most of his run, which is the same goddamn thing he's done in AEW so who the gently caress cares where he goes.

edit: at this point the House of Black is basically Julia Hart with her occasional muscle Brody King and the stable is better for it.

Buddy Murphy is pretty great in tag, trio or singles matches too. The only guy not quite giving his all is M-kai, which hadn't bothered me before because it gave him kind of a Final Boss aura (lol)

If those things about his refusal to job are true, his return to WWE is inevitable and he will just be Satanic Andrade.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Ricky Starks will go to WWE and main event the largo loop for $110k per year for 3 years and then finally his dream will come true when he gets to be part of the Wrestlemania 45 battle royal.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The coffin entrance ruled until they added a loving creaking sound effect to it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

remember when they added a little ricochet sound to his entrance or when they gave braun train noises

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ricky should have been given every minute of Chris' tv time over the last 6 months. Very perplexing use of both guys by TK

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Where did the 'Malakai doesn't like to job' rumors come from? Was that reported on by somebody(other than Dave), or just a wild internet rumor?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

mooseinfants posted:

Where did the 'Malakai doesn't like to job' rumors come from? Was that reported on by somebody(other than Dave), or just a wild internet rumor?

Despite being a great singles wrestler, he almost never does singles wrestling.

Even in AEW, where they protect the poo poo out of main event wrestlers, if you're wrestling singles matches at a main event level with any regularity you will have to do jobs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hook's contract is up this year

I don't for a moment think he is or should be gone, but that's a possibility

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's an extremely weird situation where very little is known concretely and it's mostly based off of vibes. There were times when it looked like an injury thing, but I think there's also been moments where Malakai said, "No, the reason I haven't done singles work is not due to injury."

It's been weird, and there have been times where contradictory stuff has come directly out of Malakai's mouth, so nobody really knows what's up, but one of the more prevalent rumors has been there's a contingent of guys in AEW that signed there after getting released by a WWE run by Vince, they wanna go back now that HHH is in charge and they're dogging it and not doing jobs in AEW until their contract is up. MJF outright said that in his players tribune article and without saying it outright, he pretty much said "It's exactly who you think it is."

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hook is so young he'd be foolish not to test the waters and up his profile. he can go off and have a long jaunt in wwe/japan/mexico and still have time to go back to aew if he wants afterward.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Hook would get warehoused in NXT for 3 years if he went to WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Despite being a great singles wrestler, he almost never does singles wrestling.

Even in AEW, where they protect the poo poo out of main event wrestlers, if you're wrestling singles matches at a main event level with any regularity you will have to do jobs.

And that's with Malakai not having been pinned in a tag match since All Out 2022 too. At a certain point when something happens rarely enough the question's gonna get asked; see also Miro noticeably not being in the Continental tournament, where everyone lost at least one match, but Andrade (similarly checked out like Miro, but not to the degree there was talk he didn't like losing ever) was

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did Malakai eat a lot of singles losses in WWE? I was around for most of his NXT run but have no clue what he did on the main roster other than “sits in dark room, wears glasses”.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Tony S in 2025– we’ve received word that WWE wrestler CLASP will be winning the world title tonight. That’ll put some butts in seats

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

hook is so young he'd be foolish not to test the waters and up his profile. he can go off and have a long jaunt in wwe/japan/mexico and still have time to go back to aew if he wants afterward.

lol how exactly would WWE up his profile from where he is? I guess more people would see him... but they'd see him as young confused gigolo, or whatever lovely gimmick would heap on him on their C-show. He could only hope for the exposure a good old cucking angle would bring!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ganso Bomb posted:

Did Malakai eat a lot of singles losses in WWE? I was around for most of his NXT run but have no clue what he did on the main roster other than “sits in dark room, wears glasses”.

I mean yeah I think they would've had to have him wrestle to have him lose.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

I mean yeah I think they would've had to have him wrestle to have him lose.

That’s kind of my question since I didn’t watch it. Did he wrestle a lot? Did he lose often? Or did he just promo constantly and win a match in his feud, then go back to promos?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Chris James 2 posted:

Hook's contract is up this year

I don't for a moment think he is or should be gone, but that's a possibility

I think it'd be good for Hook to get out for a bit. He's at a ceiling right now that I don't think he's gonna break without figuring out more to his character. Being young and handsome is good, dumping folks in their heads is good, too. But not being able to say more than a couple of sentences in a faux gravely voice isn't that good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hook should go to mexico

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hook looks small next to aew competition and i worry about him going up against wwe superstars. he just looks like a typical weekend show guy. i don't know if they have weekend shows anymore but i'm talking about the show that has a cartoon logo with bubble lettering and 3 matches on it, with greg niedermeyer on commentary. permanent damage to his reputation is never going to be completely off the table. he should wrestle out of country

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

STING 64 posted:

hook should go to mexico

gently caress I was just about to say this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you cant deny cody

Eat My Fuc posted:

8 Again, Tony khan took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will turn heel”

10 Then Cody said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘Now you bow to me
You took my dreams but not my name
You'll follow me into the end
I am my kingdom”

11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and put him over.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It is easier for a dog to enter through a shower of pyro than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom by Downstait

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1778845490378920084?t=007XGVDpsMJsHNdSdOWgWw&s=19

sweating profusely at "motor city"