Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Swagman posted:

this lovely lady:

wendigo wearing a colorful-sundress,whirling-in-rags,,ancient alchemical laboratory,realistic

Serious "creepy doctor who" vibes, here

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Swagman posted:

sweet pics

Model?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KakerMix posted:

https://voca.ro/1kZBR1OJU2ws

Udio too can do stand up comedy stuff, and it's *better* at it than Suno. 33 seconds at a time makes it different than Suno, but the depth to the generations is pretty striking. You can hear it in a lot of things that Udio outputs, but stand up and crowd cheering make it quite clear. The way the crowd laughs, noises, hear little cheers and stuff in the background. Like a perfect illustration on what upping the quality does.

6.5/10 would find this acceptable as an opener act before the headline.

e:

Hadlock posted:

Very candyman (which apparently gave children nightmares and was banned from reairing)

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 12, 2024

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Hadlock posted:

It wouldn't feel out of place in Vancouver's Stanley Park, reminds me of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-maze-ing_Laughter

e: also of this fellow I found on a back trail at a park:

snorch fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 13, 2024

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Cars from several Star Trek alien races:

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b18oEY8hg9g
Well I made a AI mixtape with most the stuff from last night.
Its 2 fully basic prompt songs, 2 H.P. Lovecraft poems turned into songs, and a cover of a song my buddies did during covid.
I pulled it into protools and did a minor eq adjust with a little compression.

I got a moderation warning while trying use James Joyces love letters as lyrics.
They are just too spicy of content.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

https://civitai.com/models/161068/newrealityxl-all-in-one-photographic

im using 2.1, not the experimental version

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

More.

MORE!!!!!!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Since installing Stability Matrix, I have been having the time of my life browsing civitai for interesting checkpoints and loras. One of the greatest things about it is that if you find a checkpoint or lora that you think you might like but aren't totally sure what it can do, just scroll down the page a little bit to see what other users of the site have created with that model.

Because I have never seen more insane, off-the-wall poo poo in my entire life. Every new checkpoint is a new comedic high point in my life.

:nws: Do not click this link and scroll down. :nws: You might need to be registered and have "show NSFW" settings ticked to see what's going on, and yeah, I wish I could unsee it too.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

XYZAB posted:

:nws: Do not click this link and scroll down. :nws: You might need to be registered and have "show NSFW" settings ticked to see what's going on, and yeah, I wish I could unsee it too.

that lora is... weird, and I don't mean the subject matter

it's attempting to replicate an already existing lora by training on images generated by this original:
https://civitai.com/models/269148/vessels-style-sdx

from looking at the examples I think the original is better

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

TIP posted:

that lora is... weird, and I don't mean the subject matter

it's attempting to replicate an already existing lora by training on images generated by this original:
https://civitai.com/models/269148/vessels-style-sdx

from looking at the examples I think the original is better

They're all weird. There isn't one non-weird lora. Example: bread. Not weird, right?

Wrong.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Udio is pretty cool, especially when using manual mode.

If not for some of the abrupt transitions, this sounds a lot like the beatles, a mix of all the early pink floyd eras etc. Pretty wild for 30 minutes of dicking around (most of that waiting for generation):
https://www.udio.com/songs/c1SbWg2JopUevDjUrheUKE

Noone tell Raja Ram
https://www.udio.com/songs/2eDXFvy7ZS8B7oJixKQuzF

Also, anyone have any idea what happened here? It seems to have just freaked out over the prompt:
https://www.udio.com/songs/9KZKeogGCqXgFxQmj11tu2

no pubes yet sorry fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 15, 2024

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier/status/1779667525066015180

I'm not very keen on Udio doing 33 second segments at a time, but quality is considerably better than Suno so... *hand weighing motion*

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

How do you create multiple udio soundbytes that sound alike to create a song, can you feed it a snippet from the end of the first 30 seconds or what

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Hadlock posted:

How do you create multiple udio soundbytes that sound alike to create a song, can you feed it a snippet from the end of the first 30 seconds or what

you just select extend and then pick whether you want to extends forwards or backwards and it will deliver you a new clip that includes the original and the extended bit

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I've been using the stable-diffusion-webui-forge package since Friday with no issues, and out of the blue I can't get it to launch anymore.

code:
Python 3.10.11 (tags/v3.10.11:7d4cc5a, Apr  5 2023, 00:38:17) [MSC v.1929 64 bit (AMD64)]
Version: f0.0.17v1.8.0rc-latest-276-g29be1da7
Commit hash: 29be1da7cf2b5dccfc70fbdd33eb35c56a31ffb7
C:\Users\**\StabilityMatrix\Data\Packages\Stable Diffusion WebUI Forge\extensions-builtin\forge_legacy_preprocessors\install.py:2: DeprecationWarning: pkg_resources is deprecated as an API. See https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/pkg_resources.html
  import pkg_resources
C:\Users\**\StabilityMatrix\Data\Packages\Stable Diffusion WebUI Forge\extensions-builtin\sd_forge_controlnet\install.py:2: DeprecationWarning: pkg_resources is deprecated as an API. See https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/pkg_resources.html
  import pkg_resources
Launching Web UI with arguments: --always-gpu --pin-shared-memory --cuda-malloc --cuda-stream --gradio-allowed-path C:\Users\**\StabilityMatrix\Data\Images
Using cudaMallocAsync backend.
Total VRAM 16376 MB, total RAM 130986 MB
Set vram state to: HIGH_VRAM
Always pin shared GPU memory
Device: cuda:0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER : cudaMallocAsync
VAE dtype: torch.bfloat16
CUDA Stream Activated:  True
Using pytorch cross attention
ControlNet preprocessor location: C:\Users\**\StabilityMatrix\Data\Packages\Stable Diffusion WebUI Forge\models\ControlNetPreprocessor
usage: launch.py [-h] --model MODEL --sampler SAMPLER
launch.py: error: the following arguments are required: --model, --sampler
This seemed to start tonight for no real sensible reason that I can come up with at all. I even fully reinstalled the Forge package and it still dies at this same spot in the launcher. Do I need to reinstall pytorch or something?

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
did you try providing what the last line is asking for?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Ugh I can't stop playing with this stupid poo poo, it's keeping me up late

https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier/status/1779794455765426665

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

King of the Hill thread brought up the idea of Ultra Instinct Dale after a combo King of the Hill / scooby do cross over and I had to make a set.

It really seems to want to add One Piece into this Bing variations of: ultra instinct Dale gribble in Shaggy Rogers costume, orange baseball hat reading "MACK", green shirt with holes, thin wispy goatee, ultra instinct aura, glowing eyes, powerful radiating aura, fighting pose

pixaal fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 15, 2024

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Commie Lasorda posted:

lol, that's really good

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Bunch of misc. generations I've made lately.

Some alien things using old Alien concept art as part of the cref blend:

Some character consistency experimenting, generated the first then used it as a cref for the next four:

Another character consistency attempt while shifting styles for a T-rex on rollerblades:

As for Udio, I found it's pretty viable for podcast / radio ads due to the short but quality nature of what it generates. Enjoy this completely normal ad for McDonald's.
https://www.udio.com/songs/eNkqEZyrvABxpoo8GqHsx7

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 15, 2024

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I can dig it

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

maxwellhill posted:

did you try providing what the last line is asking for?

I don't know how. In Stability Matrix you basically just go to the package screen and press the launch button, and it does all the rest for you. Or at least it used to, in that it seemed to just breeze through the event log no problem.

Edit: I don't understand why it's asking for a model and sampler straight out of the gate when usually that's all taken care of in the A1111 dialogue boxes once the WebUI pops up. :dumb:

Edit 2: I'll try taking the commands out of the launcher and doing it all manually in cmd or powershell or something after work tonight. Unfortunately the launcher doesn't let me interact directly with it in a cmd.exe style way that lets me invoke the man page or get any additional clarification, as it's basically just spitting out a read-only log at me, and using cmd for anything is usually the last choice I'll willfully make so I would rather *not* have to start loving around in there if there's any way to avoid it.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 15, 2024

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Commie Lasorda posted:

https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier/status/1779667525066015180

I'm not very keen on Udio doing 33 second segments at a time, but quality is considerably better than Suno so... *hand weighing motion*

Commie Lasorda posted:

First time I've come close to thinking AI content is art.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Jumping on the Udio train, I have created several tracks about mountain dew

Hardcore
Thunder's End

Thrash
Monarch of the Dew

Emolectronic pop
Kings of Cheap

Am I making music? No. Am I having fun expressing my stupid tastes musically? Hell yes.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Countdown until Kevin Barnes sues the absolute poo poo out of Udio.

At least with Suno there was some sort of ambiguity where most of the training data were coming from. This is so blatantly of Montreal-coded that I can almost pinpoint the songs they used in their model. Dismemberment Plan is in there, too. Which brings up a strange consideration that I don't fully know how to articulate. It's similar to the concerns raised about visual artists having their art stolen and used in training data without their consent and generally includes ALL of those exact same arguments, I just have a sense that it's much more apparent in music: If you're training your audio models on massively famous, incredibly unique, talented individuals, how do you not make it blatantly obvious whose work you used to train those models? You trained it on those artists because they sound they way they do, in order to recreate the sound that they do. It's more ambiguous within the visual medium, and possibly more easy to ignore if you'd rather not think about it, but with music, when you recognize someone's voice, you recognize their voice.

Now, do we witness artists embrace this technology as we did when Aerosmith gave Run DMC the thumbs up with their sampling of Walk This Way in the 80s that signaled a sea change in the public discourse? Is Kevin Barnes going to walk out in the middle of the music video for Udio's next big groundbreaking, culture-unifying hit song about Mountain Dew of all things? The future is loving wild for this.

Edit: Reconsidering my assumption here. I failed to consider that I may be biased more toward a familiarity with music than visual art (music degree, former college radio music director), and that this might skew my ability to accurately call out sources in one medium versus the other, in a way that someone more familiar with visual art and artists might recognize recompiled visual elements in the way we've been witness to two years of development in the realm of visual art generation. It might be equally as offensively apparent to them whose works they are seeing remixed in front of them as it is to me upon hearing the voice of someone being used in a song I just generated.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 16, 2024

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

XYZAB posted:

If you're training your audio models on massively famous, incredibly unique, talented individuals, how do you not make it blatantly obvious whose work you used to train those models?

there is already a very common practice in the marketing world of hiring composers to make music that sounds almost like a specific famous artist or song, usually just close enough to the line to not get sued, though every once in a while the line is crossed and someone gets caught. but those times are rare, for the most part there are already massive libraries of music that sound extremely similar to but are not various famous composers and musicians. so while it's one thing to listen to this stuff and identify as a listener that they are training it on x, y or z, it's another thing to prove in court that they are definitively training it on that material and not on one of many human-made soundalikes that also already exist.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 16, 2024

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Earwicker posted:

there is already a very common practice in the marketing world of hiring composers to make music that sounds almost like a specific famous artist or song, usually just close enough to the line to not get sued, though every once in a while the line is crossed and someone gets caught. but those times are rare, for the most part there are already massive libraries of music that sound extremely similar to but are not various famous composers and musicians. so while it's one thing to listen to this stuff and identify as a listener that they are training it on x, y or z, it's another thing to prove in court that they are definitively training it on that material and not on one of many human-made soundalikes that also already exist.

I have to admit I find it concerning that the discourse surrounding AI generated media is always couched in terms of its overall usefulness being nothing more than a shell game whose amalgam of parts that constitute the whole are meant to stay hidden from us forever and we're just supposed to be okay with that. And then I remember that not only do I enjoy the occasional hotdog cooked over a charcoal grill on a hot summer day, but major corporate entities like Facebook, Tik Tok, Google et al., aren't required by law to divulge their algorithms either, and it kind of pisses me the hell off. More in terms of that the algorithms that have been weaponized against society as a whole since ~2007 seem to have set a precedent that allows for anyone to get away with whatever the hell they want in the name of digital innovation, whenever the hell they want, in ways that completely ignore and make wholly absurd via plausible deniability any claims of possible copyright malfeasance (or other worse/illegal activity) from anyone whose work very realistically may have been folded into the training data. "There's no way to know," and "that could feasibly be a band that sounds exactly like of Montreal" are easy off-the-cuff rebuttals to make that don't fully satisfy the criticism though, because although I'm aware that the market for music-that-sounds-close-to-but-isn't-that-band is very real, I question the availability of that kind of use-specific, utilitarian, contract-based music that somebody spent a lot of real money on and this time has NO obligation to make publicly/freely available in the quantity required to train entire models, at a price-point that makes Udio able to let me and anyone else generate 200 songs per day for free with zero ads. Sure, it COULD be a band that sounds just like of Montreal, but saying that and proving that takes the argument full-circle in the other direction of "I still want to know how the soup is made, what are the ingredients?" And for the sake of this argument it might just as well be everything that Spotify had available for the low cost of $10 and took less than a month to compile as much as it might be Calvin Bjorns' for-hire studio group "of Shawinigan."

Virtue signalling over. Look at me, arguing against the use of AI tools as if I didn't just buy a 40 series card to abuse the ever-loving poo poo out of this technology at a price-point that I can barely justify, instead of spending that money on real, tangible art from real artists who spend lifetimes honing their craft. :q:

And as for my problem with the Forge package not loading; I went on a rampage installing a bunch of models, loras, extensions, textual inversions, and other crap that I didn't understand (in an attempt to understand it), and one of those extensions (ai-toolkit) basically broke the launcher. I've deleted the ai-toolkit folder and the A1111-Forge webui now loads as it did previously. Hooray. Time to make stupid pictures with the stolen labor of ten thousand individual lifetime achievements in art and photography! :unsmigghh:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I spent a long time -- like hours flew by -- playing around with Udio. I know AI has problems, but this is just absolutely amazing, almost magical stuff.

I'm not familiar with a metal album about Rime of the Ancient Mariner, I'd sure like one! I feel like a fuckin kid with infinite power. I ask the AI to make me a song, here are the lyrics, and the AI comes back and is like, Sir we got a symphony together and some of the performers from your favorite bands and we put this together for you, what do you think? And I'm like, No, not good enough. Do it again. Hmmm still not good enough, make it more piratey. Yes, that'll do. Get some opera singers.

Anyway, I (ME I DID THIS ME) finished making the entire poem into a metal concept album in twelve tracks.

https://www.udio.com/playlists/vPwV8HGvCmn1NhEp3sm3ah

I know I'm not an artist by any means for doing this, but it's not entirely without some authorship. I feel rather like a kid making a collage out of other people's paintings. There's direction here, is what I mean. And it sounds incredible. I finally got what I always wanted, a rad metal album about a poem about a jackass who shoots a bird and gets his comeuppance for it and then some.

https://voca.ro/13bu9EjtAMPs

Here's the first track.

You know what I've noticed about Udio and metal, though, is that the voice gets noticeably more gravely as the song goes on. Every time, if the voice starts out smooth (the above example, he starts off gravely but sounds like hell by the end) by the end it sounds like poo poo. Not like AI bad or distorted, just like the way a guy's voice sounds after he's been singing all night long.

But seriously you guys this album is so good.

credburn fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 16, 2024

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

XYZAB posted:

And for the sake of this argument it might just as well be everything that Spotify had available for the low cost of $10 and took less than a month to compile as much as it might be Calvin Bjorns' for-hire studio group "of Shawinigan."

it might be, but sadly even if so i suspect the end results will ultimately be some form of deal cut between the record labels and AI companies, rather than individual lawsuits by artists making much of a dent in this stuff. that's what happened during the previous big change brought by streaming, there were a few famous artist-led lawsuits/crusades early on such as the one led by metallica in the napster days, which was widely mocked and didn't stop anything, and then what happened in the end was the labels working it out with companies like spotify and youtube, so that the execs on both sides continued to get richer while most artists outside of the top 40 got hosed. i think it's pretty likely a similar situation will unfold with this stuff.

i tried asking Udio to imitate my own work and one of the more well known podcasts i've worked on and one of the examples came close enough to sound like it could have been a modification of some of my source material, but it would be hard to prove.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Earwicker posted:

it might be, but sadly even if so i suspect the end results will ultimately be some form of deal cut between the record labels and AI companies, rather than individual lawsuits by artists making much of a dent in this stuff. that's what happened during the previous big change brought by streaming, there were a few famous artist-led lawsuits/crusades early on such as the one led by metallica in the napster days, which was widely mocked and didn't stop anything, and then what happened in the end was the labels working it out with companies like spotify and youtube, so that the execs on both sides continued to get richer while most artists outside of the top 40 got hosed. i think it's pretty likely a similar situation will unfold with this stuff.

i tried asking Udio to imitate my own work and one of the more well known podcasts i've worked on and one of the examples came close enough to sound like it could have been a modification of some of my source material, but it would be hard to prove.

Yeah, that's the end of the day on this. Proposed expansions of copyright or restrictions on AI, if successful, will definitely affect how much corporate rent-seeking is involved in using the technology and which particular corporations hold their hands out when you click the button. But it probably won't be in any way that gives non-famous artists much more money or job security. Still, that phenomenon is older than people losing their jobs to computers.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Earwicker posted:

Unfortunately I also do not see an alternate path, so long as governments are not beholden to their constituents and instead can be bought and paid for by those corporate entities with vested commercial interests.

Are you able/willing to share what podcast you work on and Udio's response for comparison? No worries if not.

As for myself, I was kind of blown away with how genuinely poetic a spontaneous poem that I didn't ask for at the beginning of this attempt at generating a "person talking backwards" standup routine came off, that I had to google to make sure it wasn't wholly ripping someone off verbatim. I didn't get any results. That entire clip comes off like some well-known poet-laureate dropping some insane knowledge in front of a football stadium, before immediately detouring into gibberish that everybody seems to understand. It's bizarre, but like all of this stuff, the satisfaction I get comes from how little I have to put into its abuse in order to obtain something totally bizarre and off-the-wall yet otherwise seemless and perfect in its absurdity, which may not be the same satisfaction that others seek to obtain from this technology.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm having too much fun with Udio

pranking your bullies is cool and good

Lana Del Rey has conflicted feelings about hot dogs

Snack Palace Highs

Nancy Reagan Got Into A Fight With My Dog

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Can you get Udio do to church sermons? Religion on demand?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Hadlock posted:

Can you get Udio do to church sermons? Religion on demand?

Well gently caress me sideways I know what prompt I'm using next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Well gently caress me sideways I know what prompt I'm using next

:justpost:

Edit: bonus points if the prompt includes "1890s Georgia Southern Baptist preacher" and "you reap what you sow"