Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

A lot of people willfully ignoring my excellent casing on cube, noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i asked for the flavour of a location but cpig gave me powers relating to a character who lives at that location... disappointing

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Oh this game opened

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

One sec. Solving

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

Holy hell 27 players.

As a heads-up, town should probably not target me at night.

Okay see you tonight

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Jose Valasquez posted:

Actions are good or bad, you would have us execute members of our community based on something they might do? Members of this town will almost certainly execute innocent people in trying to root out the Mafia, is this not an evil that we should try to prevent???

No because I wouldn't win the game

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tom Tucker posted:

Actual proper post advocating correct gameplay - super townie.

ChatGPT is town confirmed

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

sharkmafia posted:

good morning friends

i have a very important question for you: on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you dislike day 1

6?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JosefStalinator posted:

Did we find scum yet

Yeah I did, I figured out the game

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I largely blame Shark for the quality of posts in thread so far. His survey has generated a lot of skippable content

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Not to knock your straregy cuz I don't know what it is. But I'm bemoaning that part of your strategy opened up the door for a lot of irrelevant discussion

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Johnny Keats posted:

I largely blame Shark for the quality of posts in thread so far. His survey has generated a lot of skippable content

Skippable post

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

What do you want, AFQM?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Pussy Quipped posted:

##vote Tom tucker
Too much effort d1. Idk if it’s a town or scum move but I don’t like it either way!

That's wrong

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Complaining about content being meaningless is itself meaningless content, it's an extremely advanced stage of content lurking

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

And Tom, unless he is bluffing then Shark did not need anybody to volunteer numbers. He can arbitrarily decide them. So the entire survey idea was extra. I'm not seeing how it serves him or town to do it this way, but we'll see what it amounts to

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Complaining about content being meaningless is itself meaningless content, it's an extremely advanced stage of content lurking

I'm still catching up. Pretend I posted nothing at all

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tom Tucker posted:

You all let me know if anyone in here wants to, I don't know, maybe play a game of Mafia?

This guy gets me

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

For real though bro creating a very bad case wholecloth and then wanting folks to engage with it as if it’s a slam dunk is probably a town move but it is not how you catch scum and it is how you get frustrated early over nothing

I disagree

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Johnny Keats posted:

That's wrong

Which part is wrong, I posted an opinion

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

sharkmafia posted:

good morning friends

i have a very important question for you: on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you dislike day 1

2. it's one of the best parts of the game

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dominoes posted:

Day 1 is fun for chatting with the mafia bros (gender neutral). It's not a great time for making accurate reads, nor for producing information to facilitate this later.

scum post

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dominoes posted:

This is such a scummy move

##vote: Token Female

no it's not ##vote Dominoes

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

zzyzx posted:

Excellent! Let's start paying close attention to the players' posts and interactions. We should look for any inconsistencies, suspicious behavior, or attempts to manipulate the discussion. Remember, the Mafia members will try to blend in and avoid detection while steering the conversation in their favor. Let's keep an eye out for patterns in players' behavior and any sudden shifts in alliances or accusations.

If you notice anything worth discussing or if you have any suspicions, feel free to bring them up. Let's work together to unravel the Mafia's deception and help the Town emerge victorious!

would also vote for using chatgpt to play mafia

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

JosefStalinator posted:

Classic scum strat flattering me

town vibes off this misreading of yuming's post

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

saladscooper posted:

would also vote for using chatgpt to play mafia

I didn’t see this post before.
I couldn’t vote zzy in the last game I played when he posted AI generated images because he was confirmed town but not anymore robo-lover!!
##vote zzyzx

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Voodoofly posted:

Leaving my breadcrumb here:

In heaven, after antipasti, the first course will be pasta.

pasta with breadcrumbs?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tom Tucker posted:

This reads like a trap. People going to give numbers to this and then something weird happens.

this reads like a weirdly safe point to make in a cyof game. i'm keeping my romaine eye on u

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

sharkmafia posted:

no, i am absolutely asking this for a reason. its just not a reason that will cause you to spontaneously die or anything

if you've already given me a number i suggest you ignore me until the survey is concluded

the fact that tucker's theory ends up being partially true is even weirder imo!!

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I love it. Keep it up Salad. You and Tom are doing God's work.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

sharkmafia posted:

i have never typed lol in my loving life, its all about lmao

i have a deep conviction that scum would not say this

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

why

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tom Tucker posted:

a long post culminating in a vote

you've built a narrative where shark is scum but is there no narrative in your mind where shark is town? if your point about the "drip claim" isn't true then your argument falls apart, since your numbered list starts with the premise that shark is scum and tries to reverse engineer an explanation for his actions. i think this is a weak argument that walks and talks like a strong argument. a scum argument, if you will. would vote tom today.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
ftr i've explained why tom's post is a bad post but i would also like josef to explain why tom's post is bad. no peeking at others' worksheets.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

sharkmafia posted:

lmao what the gently caress

here's the point where i'm stopping to go to the run. final dress babey

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Keats hasn’t entered the thread with a wacky claim, a clear scumtell

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

fool of sound posted:

Keats hasn’t entered the thread with a wacky claim, a clear scumtell

I can see it

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
It’s come to my attention that the post I quoted, and the post Josef quoted are different posts

I still want an explanation tho

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

The survey will be concluding when I get home so if you haven't yet submitted a response nows the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Also tom tucker posting a giant case and then sulking because nobody takes him seriously that early in the game feels like a town play imo