Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

tbf, those few bedbound children who survive might go on to become mad scientists, inspired by the fever dreams of their youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mill Village posted:

My mom has had a persistent cough since 2020 that gets worse every year but she’s claims it’s “normal.” The doctor even gave an inhaler but she refuses to use it.

Consumption is very normal and also extremely mild

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I've heard this exact phrasing several times, it's demoralizing
Much like last year's "summer flu," I'm fairly certain I never before heard of such a thing in my entire life. weird!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

One of my coworkers is offline today because his daughter has a "spring flu"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You know when you're a teenager? You get acne, you cough constantly the whole time, growth spurts, drama, dating, learning to drive, and high school? Man what a crazy time.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

One of my coworkers is offline today because his daughter has a "spring flu"

isn't it still normal flu season

it owns that covid cannot be named lol

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Soap Scum posted:

hey all you hep cats and pax bandits, test2treat dot org is shutting down in like four days, just thought you might like a reminder :whatup:

There seems to be a confusing new hurdle, not sure what to do about this yet / if this makes it prohibitive.

Has anyone used it successfully since this change?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
kind of a paxcessive administrative burden, no?

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

tuyop posted:

kind of a paxcessive administrative burden, no?

lmao get a load of this absolute horseshit

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/Treatment-PDF_PAXCESS-Brochure.pdf

Thank you President Biden for giving us the Live* PAXCESS Representatives Who Can Help With Understanding
Insurance Coverage And Program Eligibility we crave.

*may have died of The Spring Flu

Apr 7, 2003

Insanite posted:

isn't it still normal flu season

it owns that covid cannot be named lol

Flu season ends 4/1

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
ahh yes but what about second flu season

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Why Am I So Tired posted:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/Treatment-PDF_PAXCESS-Brochure.pdf

Thank you President Biden for giving us the Live* PAXCESS Representatives Who Can Help With Understanding

Available Mon-Fri 6 AM-6 PM and Sat-Sun 6 AM-2 PM. :waycool:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jesus Christ that whole document is a nightmare. You can get a "Paxcess copay card" that you give to (participating) pharmacies that should hopefully cover any costs of Pax that your insurance won't cover. What an overly complicated and stupid setup for a single drug.

Just make it free, gently caress!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

There seems to be a confusing new hurdle, not sure what to do about this yet / if this makes it prohibitive.

Has anyone used it successfully since this change?

yeah this got implemented between yesterday and today. haven't dug into it much but doesn't look good for our pax heroes from what i can tell :')

Apr 7, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

Jesus Christ that whole document is a nightmare. You can get a "Paxcess copay card" that you give to (participating) pharmacies that should hopefully cover any costs of Pax that your insurance won't cover. What an overly complicated and stupid setup for a single drug.

Just make it free, gently caress!

nothing makes a liberal angrier than someone getting something they don't deserve

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Soap Scum posted:

yeah this got implemented between yesterday and today. haven't dug into it much but doesn't look good for our pax heroes from what i can tell :')

I wonder how much money and effort went in to ruining it for the last four days of its existence. Incredible country.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

the banality of this monstrosity is compelling as gently caress. like this is the work of a team of, like, no less than 20 people. none of them or the people they talked with about the project outside of work managed to resist its rollout for even four more days.

alternatively: some loving warrior(s) in the test2treat program backend somehow fought this change so hard that it was only able to take effect four days before the program rolled up.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I can't wait to try navigating this with a 104 degree fever and 80% blood oxygen.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

I can't wait to try navigating this with a 104 degree fever and 80% blood oxygen.

Don't worry by the time you're that sick it'll probably be 4-5 days anyway and you won't be allowed to have it anymore.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
I just tried to enroll and you need a prescription first? So I have to wait until I’m sick, find a doctor who will prescribe it and then enroll and then like wait for my card in the mail maybe 3 weeks later and THEN hand it to a pharmacist to see if they accept it? Lmao (e: oh you can download one. well you can try but HOLD ON)

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Apr 13, 2024

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

i don't often actually laugh out loud at this thread but these last few posts got me. the "Hold On!" in particular just feels so absurd

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Hold On! for the tools

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

not so fast sport

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
This time I clicked Yes on the prescription question and now I'm stuck on a page where I have to consent to share all my health info with Pfizer

like, it won't load lol

I don't even have the energy to do this now when not sick

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Apr 12, 2024

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

they should include the "ah, ah, ah!" sound from that 90s whiz kid toy (at this timestamp for the uninitiated)

Indoor Dying posted:

This time I clicked Yes on the prescription question and now I'm stuck on a page where I have to consent to share all my health info with Pfizer

if you're innocent, you wouldn't have anything to hide :smug:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hold On! right there, criminal scum!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I have seen the future:

Paxcess requirement: you must have a valid prescription
Prescription requirement: you must have a valid paxcess registration

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Soap Scum posted:

they should include the "ah, ah, ah!" sound from that 90s whiz kid toy (at this timestamp for the uninitiated)
I was thinking of the "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word" bit from Jurassic Park myself.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Soap Scum posted:

if you're innocent, you wouldn't have anything to hide :smug:

Lol oh did someone want to see that valid prescription I said I had

HOLD ON!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

I was thinking of the "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word" bit from Jurassic Park myself.

I was thinking it just loads the last SAD thread and runs text to speech on it

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

I have seen the future:

Paxcess requirement: you must have a valid prescription
Prescription requirement: you must have a valid paxcess registration

i legit assumed it was this once the screenshots + brochures got posted above. tools!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“But the Paxlovid was on display…”

“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”

“That’s the display department.”

“With a flashlight.”

“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”

“So had the stairs.”

“But look, you found the tool, didn’t you?”

“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Insanite posted:

i recently caught the flu. it's been over two weeks and i'm just starting to feel normal.

why would anyone be okay with the flu?

Last time I got the flu (2018 thank you masks I love you) I thought I was going to die, it triggered an abscess in my root canal causing me to lose the tooth, triggered shingles (thanks Mom) that nearly got into my eye

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

We all know that once Paxlovid goes away, the data is gonna be next on the chopping block

Apr 7, 2003

Already gone? As far as I can tell nobody can say for sure what the cumulative death toll is. We hit 1.3m or so in 2022 (IIRC) and just stopped counting.

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20240410/Older-adults-social-patterns-shift-post-pandemic-study-finds.aspx

quote:

Older adults' social patterns shift post-pandemic, study finds

Apr 10 2024
University of Colorado at Boulder

Years after the U.S. began to slowly emerge from mandatory COVID-19 lockdowns, more than half of older adults still spend more time at home and less time socializing in public spaces than they did pre-pandemic, according to new University of Colorado Boulder research.

Participants cited fear of infection and "more uncomfortable and hostile" social dynamics as key reasons for their retreat from civic life.

"The pandemic is not over for a lot of folks," said Jessica Finlay, an assistant professor of geography whose findings are revealed in a series of new papers. "Some people feel left behind.

quote:

mandatory COVID-19 lockdowns

????

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Apr 12, 2024

Apr 7, 2003

From the actual paper linked in that article:

https://www.colorado.edu/today/2024/04/09/epidemic-loneliness-how-pandemic-changed-life-aging-adults

quote:

Collectively, the results paint a troubling picture in which a substantial portion of the older population remains isolated even after others have moved on.

In one paper published in February in the journal Wellbeing, Space and Society, 60% of respondents said they spend more time in their home while 75% said they dine out less. Some 62% said they visit cultural and arts venues less, and more than half said they attend church or the gym less than before the pandemic.

The most recent survey, taken in spring 2023, showed similar trends, with more than half of respondents still reporting that their socialization and entertainment routines were different than they were pre-pandemic.

In another paper titled “I just can’t go back,” 80% of respondents reported there are some places they are reluctant to visit in person anymore.

“The thought of going inside a gym with lots of people breathing heavily and sweating is not something I can see myself ever doing again,” said one 72-year-old male.

Lol no loving poo poo they’re hesitant, the head of the CDC said that people like them dying was “encouraging” and state governments told them to sacrifice themselves for the economy.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol no loving poo poo they’re hesitant, the head of the CDC said that people like them dying was “encouraging” and state governments told them to sacrifice themselves for the economy.
Dine out to help out

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Fwiw I just grabbed a box from them, depriving a poor hospitalized pregnant mother from getting appropriate treatment. Maybe it still works if you already had an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

NYC not getting a break.

https://twitter.com/mayakauf/status/1778848756974158127