Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Does that mean just promos or matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Why does Cody look like the Average Enjoyer. The airbrushing on those photos is...rough.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Natalya would be a great get for any other women's division https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1778926301799223523

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Those two together look like the power couple at a tupperware party

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I mean... Them squashing Miz and Truth in a minute to win the titles would kinda rule.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Natalya would be a great get for any other women's division https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1778926301799223523

Maybe this is why she seems to have demoted to NXT to fued with those wrestlers.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

she'd be a good vet and coach for TK to pick up

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

She'd be pretty cool in TNA too.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

She's going to Mexico

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

she's going to the fed

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Dave's star ratings

- Rhea vs. Becky - 4.25 STARS
- Ladder match - 4.25 STARS
- Rey & Andrade vs. Dom & Santos - 3.75 STARS
- Jey vs. Jimmy - 0.75 STARS
- Jade, Bianca, Naomi vs. Damage CTRL - 2 STARS
- Sami vs. Gunther - 4.5 STARS
- Bloodline vs. Cody & Seth - 4 STARS

- Seth vs. Drew - 3.5 STARS
- The Pride vs. Final Testament - 1.75 STARS
- LA vs. AJ - 3.5 STARS
- Logan vs. Randy vs. KO - 4.25 STARS
- Bayley vs. IYO - 4.5 STARS
- Roman vs. Cody - 4.75 STARS

thought mania was fine but dave's out of his loving mind. tag main event was hard 3 at most, rhea vs becky was underwhelming 3 1/2. Roman vs Cody 2 was much worse than 1 as well. His nxt star ratings are nuts too.

Baron Corbin and Bron Breakker defeated Axiom and Nathan Frazer to retain the Tag Team Championships – ****1/4
Oba Femi defeated Dijak and Josh Briggs to retain the North American Championship – ****1/2
Kelani Jordan, Fallon Henley and Thea Hail defeated Jacy Jayne, Kiana James and Izzi Dame – ***
Roxanne Perez defeated Lyra Valkyria to become the new NXT Women’s Champion – ***3/4
Ilja Dragunov defeated Tony D’Angelo to retain the NXT Championship – ****1/4
Trick Williams defeated Carmelo Hayes – ***1/2

bolded Ilja vs D'Angelo. That was one of the biggest cases of a skill mismatch between one of wwe's top workers & the mafia comedy gimmick. Ilja carried the poo poo out of him but was nowhere near a 3 star match. I know its just one guys opinion but i'm tired of seeing online discourse saying he's bias against WWE when these ratings are generous as hell.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

she and tj just opened up an advanced wrestling academy so i could see her doing that full time

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

hook looks small next to aew competition and i worry about him going up against wwe superstars. he just looks like a typical weekend show guy. i don't know if they have weekend shows anymore but i'm talking about the show that has a cartoon logo with bubble lettering and 3 matches on it, with greg niedermeyer on commentary. permanent damage to his reputation is never going to be completely off the table. he should wrestle out of country

i agree honestly. hook doing a year or two in new japan or ajpw or something could be really good for hook no matter where he ends up. and i agree that even if hunter doesnt have quite vince's "tall guy" fetish, as it stands, hook isnt really their "type"

hook going off somewhere to learn how to have longer singles matches and room to cut promos where there's less pressure and less barriers could give him a lot of tools that he might not get being aew's Elevated Young Lion getting buddied up with someone new every two weeks bc someone mentioned a pairing tony hadnt thought of

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Hook needs to get on the gas, could you imagine those suplexes?!

e: that reminded me of Bandido holding Jericho up for like 60+ seconds that one time

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I dug the profits/authors match. Fast and hard hitting.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I thought the Roman/Cody match was fine approaching good before it crashed to a halt and 7 people interfered. 4.75 stars is exceedingly genreous, that on par with Kurt Angles best matches

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
tama tonga vs jimmy uso gonna top jimmy vs jey for worse bloodline vs bloodline feud

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
meltzar's star rating doesnt make any sense when you accept this you achieve wrestling nirvana

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KungFu Grip posted:

tama tonga vs jimmy uso gonna top jimmy vs jey for worse bloodline vs bloodline feud

I had completely forgotten Tama Tonga existed, has he debuted yet?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

I thought the Roman/Cody match was fine approaching good before it crashed to a halt and 7 people interfered. 4.75 stars is exceedingly genreous, that on par with Kurt Angles best matches

The match might not age well, but in the moment it was a great match. The culmination of the story. Seeing the long time heel get taken out. A bunch of fan favorites showing up to stop the bloodline. It was fun.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's like when you get the chicken nuggets right out of the fryer. Gourmet? Nope. But a drat good nugget

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Joey McChrist posted:

she'd be a good vet and coach for TK to pick up

Certainly couldn’t be worse than Madison Rayne

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

Pretty much this. They start by not wrestling a match that you would expect to end with 7 run ins. You can’t really say Cody overcomes the odds because more people interfered on his behalf than Roman’s. And once Cody finally wins, instead of ending on the locker room coming out to congratulate him, Cody has to call people out to thank triple h lol. You can say the story ended but it was in the most neutered way possible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Regarding the Cody match, apparently Austin was supposed to be the last guy but they couldn't agree on money so they put Taker there instead.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

SG Bamboo posted:

dave's on the WWE payroll

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

I had completely forgotten Tama Tonga existed, has he debuted yet?

solo introduced tama tonga to the bloodline by having him kill jimmy. paul heyman was unaware of any of this

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KungFu Grip posted:

solo introduced tama tonga to the bloodline by having him kill jimmy. paul heyman was unaware of any of this

4th inning lfg

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

4th inning lfg

only thing im curious now is if jacob fatu gets to skip nxt and get right into whatever the gently caress this lovely bloodline story is now

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cody vs Roman loving sucked. The first like 20 minutes of the match was them mostly standing around and wrestling the slowest match of all time. Then by the time it started picking up they had to throw a million run ins because it wouldn’t be a Roman match without it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

Cody vs Roman loving sucked. The first like 20 minutes of the match was them mostly standing around and wrestling the slowest match of all time. Then by the time it started picking up they had to throw a million run ins because it wouldn’t be a Roman match without it.

you wouldnt know a good Bloodline Rules Match if it bit u on the rear end smdh, casual :rolleyes:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

The_Rob posted:

It was significantly faster than the other bloodline match of the night

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the truth is, roman has never had a good match he's all smoke and mirrors he's not even a real person he's just cgi

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Golden Bee posted:

It was significantly faster than the other bloodline match of the night

No that match was mercifully 11 minutes long and Cody vs Roman was 45

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the truth is, roman has never had a good match he's all smoke and mirrors he's not even a real person he's just cgi

I used to love shield trios matches from 2013. He was great in those

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The reason WWE isn't giving up on their bad AR CGI models is the hope that one day they will do the wrestling for them.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Chris James 2 posted:

If they can't re-up Nattie then I don't know what hope they had for Ospreay and Okada.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shard posted:

I used to love shield trios matches from 2013. He was great in those

He was great in those because they could hide his weaknesses. All they had to do was give him the hot tag and he could run in and look cool. You give him anything more than a hot tags length of a match he falls apart which is why he needs all the smoke and mirrors.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

does roman/brock 1 count as a smoke or mirrors match. because that match was real good.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

He was great in those because they could hide his weaknesses. All they had to do was give him the hot tag and he could run in and look cool. You give him anything more than a hot tags length of a match he falls apart which is why he needs all the smoke and mirrors.

plunder walk and brawl matches are good and he has had a couple of them and they've never been bad. people can absolutely suck in those kind of matches and have bad ones too. some dudes are just destined to be great hardcore or multiman wrestlers and Roman really does well in those

Ringo Roadagain posted:

does roman/brock 1 count as a smoke or mirrors match. because that match was real good.

no but the cash in definitely helps elevated it. Its very funny their first and last matches together are their only good singles matches in the years long feud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

plunder walk and brawl matches are good and he has had a couple of them and they've never been bad. people can absolutely suck in those kind of matches and have bad ones too. some dudes are just destined to be great hardcore or multiman wrestlers and Roman really does well in those

Plunder walk and brawls are good if they lead to interesting spots which Roman’s never do. He’s gonna do a chair to the back and a spear through the barricade.