Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Papa H pls

https://x.com/peps_wrestling/status/1778837868435177952?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The long awaited return of Camacho

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

The long awaited return of Camacho

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shawn Spears AND Tama Tonga? Right click, emoji, eyeb, click.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i am still not and will never get used to short hair no beard tama tonga. it feels unnatural to me. like the billboards in chicago with brian urlacher with hair. stop showing me that, its not real, fuc yuo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it’s time someone said it:

tama > okada

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Shawn Spears AND Tama Tonga? Right click, emoji, eyeb, click.

👀👀👀

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I thought they introduced Jacob Fatu as Tama Tonga because I'd never seen either before and was only tangentially aware that Fatu signed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tama Tonga is Haku's son

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

STING 64 posted:

Tama Tonga is Haku's son

video package?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

meltzar's star rating doesnt make any sense when you accept this you achieve wrestling nirvana

I prefer wrestling foo fighters tbh.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1778961165764251746

It was cut out of that clip there, but Jade completely loving botched the previous move she did. I feel for Kairi and Asuka who are going to have to put their working boots on to get anything watchable out of Jade at this point.

It's funny because people were swearing up and down that Jade is a huge megastar in the making. She absolutely has the look, but when it comes to mic skills she's subpar at best, and her in ring abilities are abysmal. And now WWE is likely gonna give her the tag titles, when she's had a whopping total of less than 15 minutes of ring time (in WWE) if you don't count the Rumble. And audiences seem to be quickly catching on that she's severely limited, as her reactions have been getting progressively more and more muted every time she wrestles.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Well, they'll have her turn heel on Bianca and the fed stans will collectively go "👀👀👀🤯🤯"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She could be a megastar but she needs practice. She was pushed real hard in AEW with little training but they papered over her greeness. I don’t really consider not being able to promo a bad thing just look at Brock but WWE hates managers. I don’t think she’ll get the right training in WWE but I don’t think she really cares either. It seems like WWE is just a stepping stone to bigger things for her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

super macho dude posted:

Well, they'll have her turn heel on Bianca and the fed stans will collectively go "👀👀👀🤯🤯"

The funny thing about this is that some fans are trying to justify Jade getting this huge of a push because the other women like Chelsea, Piper, Kairi, Asuka, Dakota, etc are "too good at selling so they can't be top stars".

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Jades cooler than Roman and he has all these problems. So long as she looks cool walking to the ring for ten minutes she’ll be fine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DarkstarIV posted:

The funny thing about this is that some fans are trying to justify Jade getting this huge of a push because the other women like Chelsea, Piper, Kairi, Asuka, Dakota, etc are "too good at selling so they can't be top stars".

That makes no sense lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ric Flair is too good at selling. He can't be a star.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

faantastic posted:

Jades cooler than Roman and he has all these problems. So long as she looks cool walking to the ring for ten minutes she’ll be fine.

roman reigns isnt a good wrestler but he can run the ropes without looking like there's 1/6 odds of someone getting injured in the process

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Caught the Smackdown main at the bar, and I thought it was really good. Putting AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Rey Mysterio in a ring and just letting them wrestle without any bullshit is a novel idea that paid off.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1778961165764251746

It was cut out of that clip there, but Jade completely loving botched the previous move she did. I feel for Kairi and Asuka who are going to have to put their working boots on to get anything watchable out of Jade at this point.

It's funny because people were swearing up and down that Jade is a huge megastar in the making. She absolutely has the look, but when it comes to mic skills she's subpar at best, and her in ring abilities are abysmal. And now WWE is likely gonna give her the tag titles, when she's had a whopping total of less than 15 minutes of ring time (in WWE) if you don't count the Rumble. And audiences seem to be quickly catching on that she's severely limited, as her reactions have been getting progressively more and more muted every time she wrestles.

Bad booking, AEW got her over

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Matches? In MY WWE?

More Grayson Waller please.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Jade will be a giant star wherever she is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Do we have any info on Seth, Becky and Drew besides their contracts are currently set to expire sometime soon, Drew's the soonest?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seth Rollins will have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the company even if they let him go. He loves the taste of boot leather too much to quit.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Yeah Seth aint ever leaving wth

Becky too

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Jade also had that amazing match with Statlander on her way out. It's kinda hilarious how quickly she's turned into Charlotte where she's realized she does not have to give a singular gently caress.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Caught the Smackdown main at the bar, and I thought it was really good. Putting AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Rey Mysterio in a ring and just letting them wrestle without any bullshit is a novel idea that paid off.

I agree with this and the match with Lashley, Santos Escobar and LA knight Was also a good match too

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jade has an uphill battle without being allowed to say “Tony, cut the poo poo.”

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why is she such a big deal if she can’t wrestle?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Hirez posted:

Hook needs to get on the gas, could you imagine those suplexes?!

e: that reminded me of Bandido holding Jericho up for like 60+ seconds that one time

I bet if Hook got on the gas it would immediately activate the Taz genes. It would be like Paul drinking the water of life except instead of being prescient, Hook would wake up a perfect square.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Pillowpants posted:

Because look at her.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

Durrrr

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

Do we have any info on Seth, Becky and Drew besides their contracts are currently set to expire sometime soon, Drew's the soonest?

Wouldn't first hints of this be with the upcoming show draft?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Pillowpants posted:

This is the WWE thread bubba wrestling ability don't mean much here

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

She is an Adonis.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The finish of the Rey, AJ, Owens match was pretty drat cool, Top rope styles clash onto Owens that AJ turned into a roll up pin on Rey.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Drew isn’t going anywhere either he’s having a great time with this heel run and clearly going out of his way to build heat for a Punk match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Sega 32X posted:

Hook would wake up a perfect square.

Great, now I'm reminded of Alvarez' commentary from when Taz debuted at Victory Road, but with Hook instead.

"And suddenly out comes Hook, looking completly square. Hook comes down to the ring, I'm trying to think. I think he looks like a refrigerator. I don't know, Hook rolls down to the ring like a piece of luggage" and so on.

0konner posted:

Drew isn’t going anywhere either he’s having a great time with this heel run and clearly going out of his way to build heat for a Punk match.

And in one glorious moment of the usual finisher-stealing, Punk will attempt Drew's Claymore Kick and rip his own leg of in the process.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
muhammad ali has awarded the rock a better belt from beyond the grave