Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Against bots I've embraced the stealth EMS mortar / AC sentry. Both are excellent to pop on the way into the objective and lock it down, or as you withdraw to give pursuers something other than you to think about.

EMS mortar is especially efficient because it has a very long uptime and keeps entire patrols locked down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i think i found a really good loadout for bugs: eruptor, arc, laser dog, dagger, stun grenades, and EATs. every weapon has its purpose and you will be switching often based on the situation, but you will be able to take on anything the bugs can throw at you

eruptor will be closing bug holes and sniping groups of bugs and objectives
arc will be for sustained horde clear and zapping shriekers out of the sky
laser dog will assist with keeping you safe from close bugs and just getting a ton of kills in general
dagger is for additional security from close threats and for saving your teammates if theyre swarmed
stun grenades help control swarms and chargers
EATS are for chargers and bile titans, if on cooldown, arc and eruptor can damage them somewhat

you still have one last strat slot for whatever. i like napalm to keep bug breaches clear. its a great loadout thats versatile and fun

I usually do similar but it's quasar erupter redeemer impact grenades laser dog 500kg and orbital airburst. The redeemer is straight up much better than the dagger, quasar vs eats is probably a personal choice but I like that it's less fiddly to use, stun grenades are alright when you need a more precision shot against say a Hulk but I'd rather just blow bugs up. Orbital airburst is the ultimate kill all the little poo poo coming out of this breach strat and 500kg I'll switch with eagle airstrike if I feel the team has enough anti heavy. Other primaries that can fill in are the slugger, scorcher or adjudicator. The laser dog is so good at it's job you have room to run the erupter though.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Anyone have recommendations for other appropriate game soundtracks to listen to while playing? The regular music is getting old.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Against bots I've embraced the stealth EMS mortar / AC sentry. Both are excellent to pop on the way into the objective and lock it down, or as you withdraw to give pursuers something other than you to think about.

EMS mortar is especially efficient because it has a very long uptime and keeps entire patrols locked down.

yeah this is definitely a great combo

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
lmao apparently the new eagle upgrade causes cluster bomb to drop an extra regular airstrike bomb, so now clusters can destroy fabricators

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I take back my general disappointment with this warbond, it is actually the best warbond because of the Squat victory animation, which essentially does a different Ginyu force pose every mission.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Baiard posted:

lmao apparently the new eagle upgrade causes cluster bomb to drop an extra regular airstrike bomb, so now clusters can destroy fabricators

I don't doubt you what with one of the best of the new upgrades straight up not working but the cluster could always destroy fabs if you got lucky and one went straight in the vent so are you sure it isn't that?

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Anyone have recommendations for other appropriate game soundtracks to listen to while playing? The regular music is getting old.

A lot of the Command & Conquer series has appropriate soundtracks. C&C Generals is pretty decent. There is a remaster of a lot of the more popular game tracks by the Tiberian Sons and Frank Klepacki.

The Spotify list I cobbled together is mostly that, plus DOOM (2016), Wolfenstein 1 & 2, some Borderlands 2, and few other singles. I'm expanding on it a bit at a time when I feel the urge, but it's sitting shy of 6 hours currently. :v:

edit: The "Pizza Supreme" album by RichaadEB unironically, too.

Droxis fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 13, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

piano chimp posted:

:negative:

Though I don't agree with this logic. Some of the armour that looks like it has grenades on has fortified instead. They should really just let us swap kits.

I only agree with not doing transmog because you can look at someone's armour and see what the armour actually is/does.

But I don't feel that strongly about it, I'd love transmog in this game.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball 500kg of FREEDOM :smuggo:

https://i.imgur.com/JveoUWj.mp4

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Darktide and Vermintide have good music.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I don't doubt you what with one of the best of the new upgrades straight up not working but the cluster could always destroy fabs if you got lucky and one went straight in the vent so are you sure it isn't that?

or if the door is open yeah, same thing with strafing run and bug holes

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

As a long time Warframe player I would spend far far too much time messing around with color pallets and channels on all of my gear.

They should 100% do that.

Let me paint my armor, and my guns and turrets, and bullets and grenades. gently caress it let me paint my Eagle 1 and every various bomb.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lobok posted:

I only agree with not doing transmog because you can look at someone's armour and see what the armour actually is/does.

i don't think that you can actually do that

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Dropping in at a dual jamming tower base sure is an interesting way to start a match.

Also this eruptor is wild. It genuinely feels a bit too powerful. They could halve the magazine size and number of magazines they give you and it would still be good. Managed to get x15 kills by shooting at the bottom of an incoming dropship.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I took it into a bug mission and it seemed wildly inconsistent. I one-shotted a charger to the back, and then failed to kill a warrior with a direct headshot.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

stone cold funk is perfect. dropping in to you're losing me is as good as it gets. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6zbfRAkNFVJ3u1bT0xT1zpP6KPdr-dZ-&si=kaw9CmayKF2pI3Qb

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think I once died instantly to a headshot by an eruptor fragment from a round that hit a hulk a good 15+ meters away from me. At least that's the best explanation we could come up with. The cause of death was another player, which we of course know can be wrong, but the hulk was literally the only enemy around, it had no arms, and was facing sideways relative to me when he shot it in the back.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

What's the armor perk that's so good that a Helldiver can't just run the perk that comes with the armor they like the look of?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Reiley posted:

What's the armor perk that's so good that a Helldiver can't just run the perk that comes with the armor they like the look of?

Light 50% chance to not die (because it doesn't exist).

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Reiley posted:

Two more grenade

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

FunkyFjord posted:

As a long time Warframe player I would spend far far too much time messing around with color pallets and channels on all of my gear.

They should 100% do that.

Let me paint my armor, and my guns and turrets, and bullets and grenades. gently caress it let me paint my Eagle 1 and every various bomb.

Yeah, but you need to do that in Warframe because everything looks like it has been made out of veiny dickmeat.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Reiley posted:

Throw pokéball far.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ive come around on the dagger, its a solid sidearm for what i want from it. i mainly use it to keep the small bugs off of me and my teammates and it works great at that while not having to worry about ammo. sure, i could use the redeemer on single shot and still probably be fine, but the dagger feels fun to use

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
two more grenade+recoil reduction when crouching goes crazy. stealth armor also insanely good, 50% chance to not die a runner up behind them

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Medium explosion resist armor for bots and light grenade armor for bugs are the only two SC armors I've bought and have proven totally worth it. I use them 90% of the time.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i really like the light medic armor on the bugs. being able to stim yourself a bunch and have each one last a bit longer is really nice

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Ever since the rocket fix/nerf I don't care about explosive resist so much. But the black medium armor with it is nice with that one helmet that looks like the new vegas cover guy

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
It's a shame all the helmets offer is cosmetic differences. I'd be up for them getting stats/bonuses.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I think they dropped the ball by having an armor set that was tesla resist, that fire resist acid and gas should be on the capes. I appreciate it if they're leaning more towards the cosmetic side with those though.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Sindai posted:

Medium explosion resist armor for bots and light grenade armor for bugs are the only two SC armors I've bought and have proven totally worth it. I use them 90% of the time.

Yeah that's the way I go too they're solid.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Automatons are trying to trick Helldivers by deploying holographic decoys that look like disembodied red eyes and hulk weak spots. Do not fall for their ruse.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Raspberry Bang posted:

Throw pokéball far.

The best armor already does this (robot arm regular uniform).

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

can i please play some hard missions where the pubs i'm playing with are above level 10?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Reiley posted:

medic armor. they all have that white/green look i don't like all that much but i try using other armors and just get disappointed in the inability to clutch absolutely absurd situations thanks to extended length invulnerability (since the explosion damage nerf very few things can kill you with active stim)

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

can i please play some hard missions where the pubs i'm playing with are above level 10?

Maybe try with cross play disabled so you don't get the PS5 pubbies? I find the PC player base is *slightly* more proficient than the general pool

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
honestly if the clubs are super low level they seem to try way harder and be if not competent confident

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

if you, like me, have no life and are mostly maxed out, one ofthe most fun things to do is helping and supporting low level pubbies. getting the super samples, helping them do objectives and get xp, pointing them in the right direction etc etc. it truly is therapeutic in the most democratic way

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'm starting to come around on intentional hot-dropping just so you can make a badass entrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77JQXf2tvH8

Also I really really hate Menkent. It's not even the fire tornadoes, it's that godamn haze; you can't see poo poo but the bots have no problem seeing and shooting you with excellent accuracy. At least the sandstorms cut both ways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

hey mom its 420 posted:

if you, like me, have no life and are mostly maxed out, one ofthe most fun things to do is helping and supporting low level pubbies. getting the super samples, helping them do objectives and get xp, pointing them in the right direction etc etc. it truly is therapeutic in the most democratic way

I like following them around just to see what they do. I don't try to push them towards things until there's 10 minutes or reinforcements left.