Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

big difference is that while the commenteriat keep saying that yemen is irans proxy (it’s not) and is getting all of it’s weapons from iran (they’re not), the iranians certainly are armed with all those iranian weapons they keep alluding to the yemenis using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Jel Shaker posted:

big difference is that while the commenteriat keep saying that yemen is irans proxy (it’s not) and is getting all of it’s weapons from iran (they’re not), the iranians certainly are armed with all those iranian weapons they keep alluding to the yemenis using

Even if they were, those guys are kicking your rear end. Why be like let's fight the guy that makes them so good at kicking our asses

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Real Mean Queen posted:

Even if they were, those guys are kicking your rear end. Why be like let's fight the guy that makes them so good at kicking our asses

US + vassals keep forgetting to not believe their own propaganda

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Real Mean Queen posted:

it's like sending in spider-man to duel voldemort; you go for a clean, photogenic victory that results in the death star self-destructing all at once before the triumphant credits roll

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Tarnop posted:

US + vassals keep forgetting to not believe their own propaganda

:umberto:

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Not gonna lie, waiting for an israeli vessel to float on by is a pretty good reason to not do anything for days. At the very least it's very funny

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Iran is playing politricks

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

stumblebum posted:

it's like sending in spider-man to duel voldemort; you go for a clean, photogenic victory that results in the death star self-destructing all at once before the triumphant credits roll

lol

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

The Voice of Labor posted:

lol that it's o.k. to post this but not the al jazeera tank go boom video

it's not violence when the state is doing it.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

hey mom its 420 posted:

now I can only picture him like this

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The Rawandan genocide saw up to 1 million+ dead in less than 4 months.

coincidentally also powered by isreali weapon sales.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Honky Mao posted:

Iran is a Yemeni puppet

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

hey mom its 420 posted:

I saw that map posted again today which supposedly shows the number of jews in ME countries then and now. I remember that it's pretty loaded and disingenious, because afaik israel paid a lot of money for poeple to come live there and such. not sure about the specifics of that though, anyone got more info on it?

"paid a lot of money for people to come live there and such" is a such a wild way to phrase "irgun terrorists bombed the gently caress out of the neighbors of jewish communities in false flag attacks and made it too dangerous to live there anymore"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ProfessorCirno posted:

Has there ever been a patron state more thoroughly cucked by it's supposed client state then the US is with Israel?

America all the other times its vassals have killed its citizens (a lot in 80s Latin America just off top of my head) but also the state department doesn't actually give a gently caress about aid workers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

iran understanding that the thing america hates the most is loving with trade and money and that reprisal attacks just make the us do imperialism harder ftw
thank you houthi influencers

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

The Salvadoran military now believed it could kill with impunity, and immunity. On December 2, 1980, four American churchwomen—Roman Catholic nuns Maura Clarke, Ita Ford and Dorothy Kazel, and a lay missionary, Jean Donovan—were seized at the San Salvador International Airport, taken to a remote spot, raped, shot in the back of the head and buried in a shallow grave. Photojournalist Susan Meiselas captured an iconic image of an anguished White at the dusty gravesite as the partially clad bodies were being pulled from the earth with ropes. White knew immediately that the military was responsible. “The bastards won’t get away with this,” he mumbled. But they almost did, with help from the Reagan Administration.

“The nuns were not just nuns,” Kirkpatrick said in response to this killing. “They were political activists. We ought to be a little more clear about this than we actually are,” she told a reporter for the Tampa Tribune. “They were political activists on behalf of the Frente [one of the leftist guerrilla organizations], and somebody who is using violence to oppose the Frente killed these nuns.” Asked if she thought the government had been involved, she said, “The answer is unequivocal. No, I don’t think the government was responsible.”

Kirkpatrick later denied making the statement. The reporter produced the tape.

Secretary of State Alexander Haig also sought to exonerate the military. “Perhaps the vehicle the nuns were riding in may have tried to run a roadblock or may have accidentally been perceived to have been doing so, and there may have been an exchange of fire,” he said in congressional testimony.

America has always been like this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

iran needs to close the straight to israel-us-uk shipping

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Regarde Aduck posted:

That would be a bit stupid to provoke like that if Iran really has chickened out this time

He was almost certainly trying to provoke a response in the first place

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Helicopters seem pretty effective when it isn't the Americans using them

If you'll recall that video of the Dutch marines taking over the ship ceased by Somali pirates quite a while ago I can't help but notice that Ansar Allah and now Iran manage to do the same thing without shooting up the whole ship.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

i hope the houthis do another music video about this

Everyone loves a good collab.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
things are escalating in the west bank

=======

‎Nablus Governor: We call on the people to activate the popular guard committees‎

‎The governor of Nablus called on the residents of villages and towns in the governorate to activate the popular guard committees in light of the escalation of settler attacks.‎

‎Al-Jazeera correspondent reported that settlers were attacking the village of Al-Sawiya, south of Nablus, and clashes broke out with Palestinians.‎

‎Earlier, the correspondent pointed out that settlers were on alert near Palestinian villages and towns after the body of a settler boy was found east of Ramallah.‎

‎Settlers are attacking the villages of Duma, south of Nablus, al-Mughayyir, Abu Falah, Deir Dibwan and Turmus'ayya, east of Ramallah, he said.‎

‎Jihad Movement: The Resistance will defend our people in the West Bank‎

‎Islamic Jihad said that "the attacks by armed settlers on our people reflect Israel's efforts to plunge the West Bank into a street war."‎

‎"These attacks reflect the mentality of the gangs on which the entity was created," the group said.‎

‎"The resistance forces will carry out their duty to defend our people by all the means and tools they have," the Islamic Jihad movement said.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6444608

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Eh nm

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Israel is using settler violence like the Nazis used the SA. Get loving brutes to attack innocent people, then bring in troops to attack innocent people to "stop it".

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/israeli-photographer-beaten-by-settlers-while-trying-to-document-rampage-of-palestinian-town/
‘They had hate in their eyes’ Israeli photographer beaten by settlers while documenting attack of Palestinian town

original article posted:

Yedioth Ahronoth photographer Shaul Golan says he was attacked by a group of settlers after arriving at the Palestinian village of al-Mughayyir to document the rampage unfolding there.

“I entered a house in the village that had already been burned down and began photographing. All of the sudden, 20 or 30 people appeared from a nearby olive grove. They were masked, some shirtless others in IDF uniforms,” Golan recounts in a text message.

“I tried to hide under a table as they approached, but one of the boys spotted my camera. He started screaming, ‘Arab, Arab!'”

“I started telling them, ‘I’m not an Arab, I’m a Jew.’ They ran toward me screaming in terror, grabbed me, pulled me, took my bag, burned it and took my cameras. They beat me brutally, shouting, ‘You’re a Jew, how are you not ashamed of yourself?’ Some of them were in military uniforms, but they didn’t care at all,” the photographer says.

current article posted:

Yedioth Ahronoth photographer Shaul Golan says he was attacked by a group of settlers after arriving at the Palestinian village of al-Mughayyir to document the rampage unfolding there.

“I was walking around the village taking pictures when I saw a group of masked Jews emerge from a nearby olive grove, walking around… as if they owned the town. I filmed as they torched homes,” he tells the Ynet news site.

Golan says he hid under a table in one of the burned homes as the assailants approach. “One of the children spotted me and called over the rest of them. They beat me mercilessly, breaking my finger and taking my bag to burn all of the photography equipment inside.”

“Then they searched my pockets for a memory card to make sure I didn’t have any recording of what they were doing,” he says.

“I started telling them, ‘I’m not an Arab, I’m a Jew.’ They ran toward me, screaming in terror and grabbed me, shouting, ‘You’re a Jew, how are you not ashamed of yourself?'”

“Some were in IDF uniforms and holding guns. There were 20 or 30 of them who beat me as I shouted for help, hoping that soldiers would hear me. But they were the soldiers… I lied on the floor as every one of them kicked me in the head and stomach,” Golan says.

“They left me stripped and threw my motorcycle keys into the fire, so I’d have no way to get home. They had hate in their eyes,” he says
posting the same article twice because TOI did a really bad job updating it to add more info

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Israeli settlers need to be moved up the list. Barbaric behavior.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a testament to just how bad the situation is in Gaza that things are spiralling in the West Bank and it's completely off the agenda right now. It's also a warning of how much worse things can get and how many more victims Israel can extend their campaign of terror onto if they're not brought to heel.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/andreas_krieg/status/1778855948561342899

What are we, a bunch of ASIANS???

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/rights-group-reports-at-least-10-palestinian-villages-under-attack-by-settlers/
The Yesh Din rights group reports that at least 10 Palestinian villages in the West Bank are currently under attack by Israeli settlers.

Al-Mughayyir: Settlers opened fire, torched cars and wounded Palestinians.

Duma: Settlers opened fire, torched cars and wounded Palestinians.

As-Sawiya: Settlers hurl stones, damaging five homes and several vehicles.

Qusra: Settlers torch six homes and four vehicles in addition to other vandalism in the village.

Beitin: Settlers torch a car.

Silwad: Settlers block the village’s main road, throwing stones at vehicles, which damage several of them.

Sinjil: Settlers hurl stones at homes, damaging five of them.

Beitillu: Settlers hurl stones at homes, damaging several of them.

Turmusaya: Settlers vandalize three vehicles and two homes

Beit Furik: Settlers damage several houses and injure one Palestinian.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/13/shhh-or-ill-shoot-you-family-of-jailed-christian-woman-tell-of-israeli-raid

‘Shhh or I’ll shoot you’: family of jailed Christian woman tell of Israeli raid

quote:

The Israeli troops arrived at about 4am last Saturday to take 23-year-old Layan Nasir away at gunpoint from her parents’ home in the West Bank town of Birzeit. There was no arrest warrant or charges, and her parents haven’t been notified of where she is held.

The only Palestinian Christian woman currently in Israeli detention, her case has been raised by the archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby. “I’m shocked and deeply concerned,” he said in a post on X. “Please pray for Layan’s safety and swift release.”

The family’s ordeal began when Layan’s mother, Lulu Aranki Nasir, was woken early in the morning by loud hammering on her door.

“The minute I opened the door, 15 soldiers put their guns in my face and entered the house in a hurry,” she said, in an interview in the family’s living room, dominated by a lifesize poster of Layan on her graduation day.

Aranki Nasir started to ask what the men wanted, and one said “Shhh or I’ll shoot you”, then pointed a loaded gun at her head. When Layan’s father, Sami Nasir, came out of the bedroom, he too was held at gunpoint. A soldier told him: “We are at war, we can do anything.”

After they searched the house, a captain appeared, who gave his name as Meron and told the family he had come for Layan.

She was taken away, blindfolded and handcuffed, about 20 minutes after the soldiers arrived. Aranki Nasir was barred from saying goodbye to her only daughter. “We weren’t allowed to even look at her,” she said, her eyes filling with tears at the memory.

Layan was allowed to speak to her lawyer for 1 minute on the phone the next day. She told him she was in Ofer jail but expected to be moved soon, and Israeli officials were preparing the papers to hold her in administrative detention.

This allows for pre-emptive arrest, on secret evidence, and six-month stints in prison without charge or trial that can be extended indefinitely.

“Can you imagine how fragile our lives under occupation are, that the Israelis can come at any time, to any house, not give any reason, take that person to an unknown place, and keep that person for months in jail without being guilty of anything?” said Xavier Abu Eid, political scientist, former adviser to the PLO and a parishioner at Layan’s church.

“These things are taking place on a daily basis. This is one case that is highlighted for particular reasons, but thousands are in jail.”

quote:

Prisoners’ rights organisation Addameer said that about 1,320 people were being held in administrative detention before then; by March this year, that had “surged to approximately 3,558, including about 40 children, and more than 19 women.”

Conditions have also deteriorated sharply. The far-right national security minister, Itamar Ben-Gvir, even before the war said he wanted harsher conditions for Palestinian prisoners.

That has become a reality, exacerbated by overcrowding. The UN and media, including Israeli newspaper Haaretz, have documented widespread allegations of abuse in Israeli jails, including torture, since 7 October.

quote:

It was not the first time soldiers had arrived at the house in the middle of the night looking for Layan, even though she has never been accused or convicted of any violent crime.

In 2021, she was detained on charges of belonging to a leftwing student union at her university, the Progressive Democratic Student Pole, which has been criminalised by Israel.

“(Israel claims) that student unions are affiliated with organisations outside the campus, but that doesn’t mean it is true,” Tala said. “They were doing activities like selling books and pencils to students, and going out for walks with this organisation.”

yup jailed for joining a union in college. this is different than 1930s Germany how?

Shageletic has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Apr 13, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gonna be a few new stars on the CIA memorial wall soon, courtesy of our greatest ally of all time ever lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

fuctifino posted:

The ship is managed Zodiac Maritime, a company owned by Israeli billionaire Eyal Ofer.

100% legitimate target

lmao if irans response, rather than firing missiles at Israel, is to directly and openly begin participating in yemens blockade. with a nice little message to the US in the form of nabbing their first ship right at the entrance to the strait of hormuz

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

fuctifino posted:

The ship is managed Zodiac Maritime, a company owned by Israeli billionaire Eyal Ofer.

100% legitimate target

Wasn't this guy the one who died during a botched penis enlargement surgery. Or am I thinking of another billionaire.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

lmao if irans response, rather than firing missiles at Israel, is to directly and openly begin participating in yemens blockade. with a nice little message to the US in the form of nabbing their first ship right at the entrance to the strait of hormuz

Seems like the kind of activity that would be difficult to cook up a "proportional response" to

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Harik posted:

"paid a lot of money for people to come live there and such" is a such a wild way to phrase "irgun terrorists bombed the gently caress out of the neighbors of jewish communities in false flag attacks and made it too dangerous to live there anymore"

I mean yeah, I was saying I'm not familiar with why that happened and would like to know more. I know that Israel did pay people from the ME to live there, but I didn't know about the false flags or the wider context.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

hey mom its 420 posted:

I mean yeah, I was saying I'm not familiar with why that happened and would like to know more. I know that Israel did pay people from the ME to live there, but I didn't know about the false flags or the wider context.

from wiki, but its an easy google search too

quote:

The 1950–1951 Baghdad bombings were a series of bombings of Jewish targets in Baghdad, Iraq, between April 1950 and June 1951.

There is a controversy around the true identity and objective of the culprits behind the bombings, and the issue remains unresolved.[according to whom?]

Two activists in the Iraqi Zionist underground were found guilty by an Iraqi court for a number of the bombings, and were sentenced to death. Another was sentenced to life imprisonment and seventeen more were given long prison sentences.[2] The allegations against Israeli agents had "wide consensus" amongst Iraqi Jews in Israel.[3][4][5][6][7] Many of the Iraqi Jews in Israel who lived in poor conditions blamed their ills and misfortunes on the Israeli Zionist emissaries or Iraqi Zionist underground movement.[8] The theory that "certain Jews" carried out the attacks "in order to focus the attention of the Israel Government on the plight of the Jews" was viewed as "more plausible than most" by the British Foreign Office.[9][10][11][7][4] Telegrams between the Mossad agents in Baghdad and their superiors in Tel Aviv give the impression that neither group knew who was responsible for the attack.[10]

Israeli involvement has been consistently denied by the Israeli government, including by a Mossad-led internal inquiry,[12] even following the 2005 admission of the Lavon affair.[13][14][15][16][17]

Those who assign responsibility for the bombings to an Israeli or Iraqi Zionist underground movement suggest the motive was to encourage Iraqi Jews to immigrate to Israel,[14][18][19] as part of the ongoing Operation Ezra and Nehemiah.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

thanks. i'll look more into it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

germany continues its insane poo poo

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Since we're talking about how perverse the Germans are, I mentioned in the Ukraine thread that the winning bid for the Afghan war monument was discussed at my work thing - it’s going to be a woman in a Niqab. They’re just not sure if it’s gonna be an abstract representation, like a veil hanging over the monument with a slit exposed letting light in, or more a more literal statue of a woman in a niqab.

and the rest of it is pretty loony tunes as well

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Absolutely deranged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lollll