Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1778573753124806778
I've never seen evidence that Diggs likes dogs, so ergo Shakir is the superior WR.
QED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

I feel like I've been hearing about this exact kind of player coming out in the draft every year for like a decade and they always top out at like 3 tds and 400 yards.

The upside of Bowers is like Deebo Samuel I think

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Bowers just doing position drills and no athletics testing at his pro day is a bit suspect that he'd be pretty ordinary or disappointing and his agents or whoever is telling him that not running will probably hurt him less than whatever he'd produce. You see these guys who just test out worse than they play on the field and you wonder if Bowers isn't going to roll out with like a 4.70-something and a crappy vertical if he did it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MHJ didn’t test at all either and I’m sure it’s not going to hurt him much.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Agreed. If seemingly everyone on earth has you locked in as a top 15 or better pick I would just stand pat and not risk the 1% chance of a bad injury doing drills or something. Risk reward isn’t there

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/JeremyWGR/status/1778971076329918975
So the Bills definitely aren't trading up....

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Diva Cupcake posted:

He also isn’t a real undersized player at a position that rarely goes high in the draft, either.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hamhandler posted:

He also isn’t a real undersized player at a position that rarely goes high in the draft, either.
It would legitimately be shocking if Bowers wasn’t locked into the 8th-16th picks in the draft regardless of what he did. Why risk injury?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
would it be a risk, really? he may not be doing the three cone at home but he's still working out and training every day, the injury risk can't be significantly different. I bet it's more that team workouts are boring/stressful so why bother if you don't have to

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MHJ knows he’s going anywhere from 3-6 no matter if he tests or not. Bowers is going in a 8 pick mid-1st range, again, regardless if he tests.

I just don’t see the benefit and I think there’s going to be a lot of top prospects rightfully forgoing the whole process in the future.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

If the Patriots drafted the following players how happy would you be?

1. Marvin Harrison Junior
2. T'Vondre Sweat
3. Jonathan Brooks

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Not happy at all

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anderson Koopa posted:

2. T'Vondre Sweat
3. Jonathan Brooks

They gotta do something about an OT but I would not be mad about this outcome!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

MHJ knows he’s going anywhere from 3-6 no matter if he tests or not. Bowers is going in a 8 pick mid-1st range, again, regardless if he tests.

I just don’t see the benefit and I think there’s going to be a lot of top prospects rightfully forgoing the whole process in the future.

Yeah. And I think that's right. He's put down dominant tape for his entire college career, why let scouts get distracted with ephemera

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Anderson Koopa posted:

2. T'Vondre Sweat
3. Jonathan Brooks

As long as they draft MHJ @ 3 Im happy. We are instantly a better team right away than taking a rookie QB and starting him with no offensive talent to make him successful.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

As long as they draft MHJ @ 3 Im happy. We are instantly a better team right away than taking a rookie QB and starting him with no offensive talent to make him successful.

The QB they take isn't starting, so that doesn't matter. Taking a WR at 3 in a deep QB draft when you have no QB is stupid, especially when it's also a deep WR draft

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nodoze posted:

The QB they take isn't starting, so that doesn't matter. Taking a WR at 3 in a deep QB draft when you have no QB is stupid, especially when it's also a deep WR draft

Maybe not week 1 but any QB they take at 3 is starting by like November at the latest.

My ideal scenario is still Maye at 3 and then best receiver or tackle with their second pick

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

where's that stick figure image, except it's got MHJ streaking wide open with the opposing defense instantly sacking air (because our QB also doesn't exist)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Can't get sacked if you don't have a QB :thunk:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

The QB they take isn't starting, so that doesn't matter.

How cute.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Tom Brady teasing a return and I am all in for him dying behind the Patriots line.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Nodoze posted:

If they are stupid and take Maye he will be starting by week 5 when they're 0-5 or 1-4

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 15, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If they are stupid and take Maye he will be starting by week 5 when they're 0-5 or 1-4

Taking Maye isnt stupid and having him sit all or most of the year isn't dumb either. They are gonna be mediocre at best next year even if they take Marv, and then they still need a QB

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Patriots should draft JJ McCarthy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami signed Lawson?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

All these questions about the Pats starting, ruining, sitting a guy all come down to one thing: Have they fixed the offensive staff?

Because if they have and can develop, scheme up a friendly system, and cobble together a non-tire fire line, then there's plenty of examples for you to argue for whichever path you want for a rookie QB 1) starting immediately 2) being eased in at some point 3) sitting the whole year

If they haven't, then none of this really matters and we'll be waiting another 2-3 years for Mayo and Wolf to get fired before doing it again.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
i think you gotta use an opportunity like picking at 3 to grab a qb and anything else is overcomplicating it. yes that includes if they pick one now and are back again next year. you can trade the other guy.

also i'm terrified of drake maye. i think he is justin fields. he was dirting swing passes in ACC

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Getting bad vibes, I feel like this QB class is gonna make the 2021 one look uhhhhhh not good but uh better than this one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1779857435018019202

New uniforms

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Absolutely massive upgrade lol. Those are really nice, as expected.

It would be great if they could be a good football team, too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Those are sick.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Hell yeah nice upgrade

edit: is that a historic logo on the helmets, or freshly designed?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Hell yeah nice upgrade

edit: is that a historic logo on the helmets, or freshly designed?

It's the logo from the late 70s/Sack Exchange days. It's a great logo. It's incredible how bad the 2019 logo was.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
they look the same

what's the dif?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

they look the same

what's the dif?

are you blind or are you trolling

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Nosre posted:

All these questions about the Pats starting, ruining, sitting a guy all come down to one thing: Have they fixed the offensive staff?

Because if they have and can develop, scheme up a friendly system, and cobble together a non-tire fire line, then there's plenty of examples for you to argue for whichever path you want for a rookie QB 1) starting immediately 2) being eased in at some point 3) sitting the whole year

If they haven't, then none of this really matters and we'll be waiting another 2-3 years for Mayo and Wolf to get fired before doing it again.

The entire offensive staff is different, and we said this last year so I am probably jinxing it, and can't be any worse than last year

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

they look the same

what's the dif?
what

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
those new ones are really nice, hats off tbh

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

Getting bad vibes, I feel like this QB class is gonna make the 2021 one look uhhhhhh not good but uh better than this one.

2021 was supposed to be a good year for QBs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-best-team-fits-for-top-quarterbacks-five-analytics-based-pairings

Five were taken in the first round. Only Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are still on the roster of the team that drafted them. I don't want a QB at 3 unless they are particularly enticing / exciting. Jayden Daniels' frame concerns me, Drake Maye made some really bad throws, JJ McCarthy's coach didn't trust him enough to let him throw. I like Penix's touch and mind, I'm not too worried about his medicals. I would take a gamble on Penix later in the first / beginning of the second if he was available. Otherwise I would be happy for the Patriots to restock the offensive side of the ball and take on QB reclamation projects. Teams are cutting their first round picks loose fairly quickly these days. For less draft capital you could have gotten, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston, Kenny Pickett, or Gardner Minshew. Those guys are probably not long term answers, but it gives you time to find your guy in the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Can't discount the vibes of Bowers visiting during Aaron Rodgers return to the building and a dope uni release day.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1779862335009493335