Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
senator dick slurpin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

senator dick slurpin

holy poo poo it all makes sense now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why would anyone have the last name durbin and then think "hmm penis is a good thing to think of for a first name"

trump derangement syndrome, for ya

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nichael posted:

why would anyone have the last name durbin and then think "hmm penis is a good thing to think of for a first name"

trump derangement syndrome, for ya

Years ago when I was in Paducah KY for work, I saw a campaign sign for Richard Cox.

Dick Cox wanted to be sheriff, or whatever he was running for.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Senator Dick Army ftw

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the dicks are surrounded by assholes

it's all very messy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mcinthedc/status/1778806600477614242?t=01g3Htu-EKm2rd4OpLtyqA&s=19

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

scary ghost dog posted:

the currently unfinished postmodern religious text “one piece” posits that ancient civilizations were actually more advanced than modern civilizations because they were able to dream of a better world, while modern civilizations are chained to a repressive and stagnant world government and stuck in a false end of history

With our economic system preventing us from doing anything at all about climate change, it isn't going to be a "false" end of history for very long

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
dick trickle

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nothus posted:

With our economic system preventing us from doing anything at all about climate change, it isn't going to be a "false" end of history for very long

first, while all things move towards their end, every ending is a new beginning. second, one piece covered industry-led ecological collapse with the wano arc. the straw hats, along with some tagalong mercenaries, local freedom fighters and the retainers of the couped former leadership, defeated the industrial power polluting the land and poisoning the people, which didnt fix the environment, but did provide the people suffering under those conditions a chance to live freely and work to repair their shattered land

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Clearly they exist without modifying the language. If they are, by definition, non binary, then they’re actually defined most clearly by the binary continuing to exist.

oh god yall got FF talking about gender

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Iranian who supports israel sure is a lot of words to say traitor

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

senator dick slurpin

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Guess he didn't get his rear end beat enough in round one.

Funny he muted the first thread and made another one.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Also, it's not crazy that Homer describes it as a wine dark sea. That's really what the Mediterranean looks like at sun rise and sun set

These are folks who don't seem to get that "wine dark sea" is a phrase like "grey eyed Athena" or "Resourceful Odysseus": stock epithets that he uses all the time and likely come from the oral tradition because they were easy to memorize and keep the right rhythm with.

One famously weird literal translation is "The loud barking dogs were not barking", because in Homer, all dogs are loud barking dogs.

disgusting racist thinking: inuits have hundreds of words to describe snow because their vocabulary is informed by personal experience

modern enlightened thinking: people from other countries are stupid is why they dont have the same words that we do to describe obvious things

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dude uses the term "inventible" twice

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Why do they capitalize NAZI like that? Do they think it's an acronym?

Notgood Anti-Zionists International

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

text editor posted:

In Wu's defense, when she started that argument there's no way she could have known Talia was Jewish

Uhh, I'm pretty sure Ra's al Ghul's daughter is a fundamentalist Environmentalist (lapsed?)

https://www.comicbookreligion.com/?c=1454&Talia_Talia_al_Ghul

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Can’t fool me that’s Salt Lake City

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
why are their Iranians that support Israel?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

There are people as moronic as you in every country.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Might be people whose families had to leave in 1979 for reasons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Monarchy supporters who desire the brutal facist Shah to return.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ArmedZombie posted:

:supaburn:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

sullat posted:

Might be people whose families had to leave in 1979 for reasons

GusIRANos

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Regarde Aduck posted:

*there

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Can’t fool me that’s Salt Lake City

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ArmedZombie posted:

perkele

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vim Burned to a Crisp

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This made me happy. Then I blocked Brianna Wu.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:hmmyes:

quote:

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has made her first-ever contribution to the campaign arm of House Democrats — a $260,000 donation that is a milestone in the New York Democrat’s long and complicated relationship with her own party’s political establishment.

In an interview, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said her decision to give to the campaign arm, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, was driven primarily by the dire threat of Republicans staying in power. She feared a Republican-controlled House would not certify a potential re-election of President Biden this fall.

“The entire country saw a terrorist attack on the United States Capitol that was predicated on not certifying the duly submitted results of a presidential election,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said of the riot on Jan. 6, 2021. “And if anybody thinks that that was not a dress rehearsal for what they may try to attempt in January of 2025, I’m sorry to say, but I think that’s a very naïve assumption.”

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

totally unrelated, I'm sure

quote:

Democratic Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is facing a primary challenge from a New York City businessman who said he has had enough of her brand of far-left “radicalism.”

He has announced he is running to unseat the three-term congresswoman and he did not mince words regarding how he feels about the congresswoman and others in his party.

Marty Dolan is a Wall Street investor who received his MBA from Harvard University and grew up in New York City.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol they’re going to turn around and give that money directly to that guy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
paying bribes to your own party ftw

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dnc protection racket

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

graventy posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AOC has been nothing but a useful idiot sheepdogging progressives and I fully expect the DNC to stab her in the back 17 times

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Excelzior posted:

AOC has been nothing but a useful idiot sheepdogging progressives and I fully expect the DNC to stab her in the back 17 times

It doesn't look like she's in actual danger this cycle but she's definitely paying to help kick her fellow "squad" members out of congress since Bush and Bowman look like they are cooked. It's also only 260k lol. Not sure what the point is other than to demonstrate fealty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

graventy posted:

good