Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Has anyone else just had poo poo performance on PC since the last couple of patches?

When this game came out, I could play it even if the FPS would dip on occasion, but now it’s frequent dips into slide show city and a hard crash every 20 minutes or so. Also getting weird graphics glitches where the game either drops textures or it has polygons that stretch out into infinity. I couldn’t even look at my pawn because her robe was covering the whole screen. It’s not just me, it seems to be affecting a number of people, even if it’s a tiny minority.

As much as I enjoy this game, I need to put it down until Capcom figures out how to make a game engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've had poo poo performance on PC from minute 0 :smuggo:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Has anyone else just had poo poo performance on PC since the last couple of patches?

When this game came out, I could play it even if the FPS would dip on occasion, but now it’s frequent dips into slide show city and a hard crash every 20 minutes or so. Also getting weird graphics glitches where the game either drops textures or it has polygons that stretch out into infinity. I couldn’t even look at my pawn because her robe was covering the whole screen. It’s not just me, it seems to be affecting a number of people, even if it’s a tiny minority.

As much as I enjoy this game, I need to put it down until Capcom figures out how to make a game engine.

My performance hasn't gotten that bad and I haven't crashed, but it's definitely gotten worse. Before I only had any issues in the heart of the capital but now if I approach any city, even ruined melve, my game starts getting rough for a bit before smoothing out after a second or two.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
What happens to dropped items in the world? Don't they despawn? I noticed a piece of rotten meat in the Nameless Village by the vocation master when I returned there after some time. It made me think of all the lost, dropped and not picked up pieces of loot that the game needs to keep track of.

Taking my slow rear end time in Battahl. Went back to Vernworth yesterday by ox-cart because I did not want to waste a ferrystone, I only have like 10, never having bought the things. Turns out I missed a pretty important quest from Sven in the castle. I also found a cave I had never seen and a bunch of beetles and seeker tokens. I wonder what else I missed even though I am pretty thorough and try to check every nook and cranny.

Currently leveling warrior. Definately more fun than fighter, which did not really click for me. I feel like I never used the shield, while I had two different deflect/shield rings equipped. I think blocking is probably really strong in this game, but I was too busy lining up hits to block much. Think I'll switch back to fighter for Medusa (I have the shield) and then start leveling Magick archer. I think I'll save mage and sorcerer for post-game.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Dullahans are the worst. Is there some trick?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Deformed Church posted:

Holy damage, and if you manage to stagger them you can do some serious damage by focusing the head

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/pb9Elzd.mp4

Deformed Church posted:

I wish I could even find any. had the one for the quest at the gallows dead to rights but it ran at half health, and then I later found one elsewhere toward the end of the night which left when the sun came up and wasn't there again when I checked the next night. I've now fully cleared everything I could find in the world besides this last story objective at the excavation site without killing one.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 13, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Owl Inspector posted:

I wish I could even find any. had the one for the quest at the gallows dead to rights but it ran at half health, and then I later found one elsewhere toward the end of the night which left when the sun came up and wasn't there again when I checked the next night. I've now fully cleared everything I could find in the world besides this last story objective at the excavation site without killing one.

Until a certain point they only spawn at night, and in very few locations. Try central Battahl, or central to western Vermund. For Battahl specifically, there seems to be two locations that can either spawn Liches or Dullahans.
Also, if you have the forager specialization on a pawn, and an item that requires a Dullahan bone equipped, you should be able to see where on the map they can appear.

Edit: I checked in on my pawn today after letting them idle for a few days, and 15 hires and not a single one managed to slay a lesser dragon? For shame

Edit2: I'm seeing people saying that Dullahans will not start spawning in the wild until you've done the Misty Marches quest, so probably not worth to hunt for them before then

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 13, 2024

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I finished the game without ever beating a Dullahan. I only fought two the entire time - one for the quest in the misty marshes and one in Battahl below the big waterfall. Both kicked my rear end. By the time I was better geared I didn't run into any, even though I was out during the night, feels like I always just got the floaty skeleton mage guys.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Edit2: I'm seeing people saying that Dullahans will not start spawning in the wild until you've done the Misty Marches quest, so probably not worth to hunt for them before then

Those people are wrong, I got jumped by one around level 15 exploring western Vermund, long before I got the Misty Marshes quest.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Novasol posted:

Those people are wrong, I got jumped by one around level 15 exploring western Vermund, long before I got the Misty Marshes quest.

Good to know, I guess they're just rare, then

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Where do you get the Misty Marches quest? I never got that.

I got jumped by a Dullahan in Western Vermund on the road from Vernworth to Melve. After one Wakestone and a couple of strength/defense potions (lol right?) I finally managed to beat it. Then with the pawns and myself on low health we continued our journey and 15 steps further we got jumped by a second Dullahan... I just booked it to get away.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The Misty Marshes Quest Dullahan also peaces out halfway through.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Neeksy posted:

The Misty Marshes Quest Dullahan also peaces out halfway through.

Not if you kill it fast enough, actually. Though it doesn't change anything for the quest

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Section Z posted:

So sleeping in my house in Batthal spawned a guard inside, which seems to have pissed off my pawns and sent them on an anti guard rampage :stare:

Loading last in save, the are still there... and declares "What do you think you're doing in here!?" and starts attacking me in my own home. Uh... This could be a problem.

Happened to me as well before I got permission to stay in Bakbattahl, and the guards would only end up becoming hostile when I was in my own house. Just kill them all, as usual there are no repercussions. Castle doctrine bitch, you walk into my home and start attacking me, you're going to die

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sioux posted:

Where do you get the Misty Marches quest? I never got that.

You talk to Ser Gregor's wife in the Noble quarter who will tell you that some rear end in a top hat sent Gregor on a suicide mission in hopes to score with her instead, or something, that's what I gathered from it anyways. I failed the mission because the area you fight in is very awkward and has water and a bridge and of course half my pawns and then Gregor himself jumped in the water and died. I have no idea what are the triggers for that quest to start since people say sometimes they get it and sometimes not, possibly something to do with main quest progression.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

TeaJay posted:

You talk to Ser Gregor's wife in the Noble quarter who will tell you that some rear end in a top hat sent Gregor on a suicide mission in hopes to score with her instead, or something, that's what I gathered from it anyways. I failed the mission because the area you fight in is very awkward and has water and a bridge and of course half my pawns and then Gregor himself jumped in the water and died. I have no idea what are the triggers for that quest to start since people say sometimes they get it and sometimes not, possibly something to do with main quest progression.

The trigger for the quest is hearing info that the guy has designs of the wife, thus you inform the wife and trigger the quest.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I never got that quest and I think my count ended up at 4, which were basically the only times I ever felt the need to use a wakestone or allheal on myself during battle (all my other wakestones were gravity involved incidents, or overcharging martyr's bolt). The strategy ended up being to run around kiting it (because I get hosed if I stop long enough to attack) and hope my sorceror pawn sees fit to cast some bullshit a few times.

Anyway, 63 hours, level 57, and I hit the end. I know for a fact I missed a tonne so I'll have to go round NG+ again at some point and try to find more side quests and gently caress up less in the endgame.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Which Magick Archer skill do people lean on for straight damage? I'm considering betwen Frost and Saggitate but I might be missing a better option.

(plus Ricochet for caves, Martyr for drakes and Revive so I don't need a mage)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

The Lone Badger posted:

Which Magick Archer skill do people lean on for straight damage? I'm considering betwen Frost and Saggitate but I might be missing a better option.

Saggitate is kind of like a lighter version of Martyr that doesn't drain health, so it can be used efficiently basically through the entire game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I found Frost to give the best return on investment plus it's extra effective on all the most annoying enemies.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Deformed Church posted:

A weirdly effective strategy is to cast anodyne right on top of it.

The Lone Badger posted:

Ice block was my favorite. It stunned almost every large enemy, especially drakes. Blows to the face will stun them, hits to the hart will knock a drake out of nearly every cast animation, and just generally wreck its poo poo.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ok I've gotten to the unmoored world without finding magik archer, what have I missed?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

Ok I've gotten to the unmoored world without finding magik archer, what have I missed?

Not much. It's an undercooked class with 3 buttons that do nothing.
You'll actually get a unique quest variation if you get to post-game without doing the Magick Archer quest first.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I finally maxed sorcerer now to play around with warfarer, and boy howdy did I not miss the weight of wearing proper armour and carrying a big sword. I've eaten as many beetles as I can and I still need more carry weight!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I still hunger for more beetles

I figure I have to be close to the cap at this point, but I must have missed more of them out in the world than I thought because I'm still not there

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Novasol posted:

I got jumped by one crossing the stone bridge on the way to the Excavation site, and I haven't done advanced the plot at all.

That being said I've spent a long time down here grinding this path and I've only seen the Dullahan once.

The Lone Badger posted:

I've been relying on Sagittate Avalanche since I've been running Warfarer and can't use Martyr's Bolt. As long as you can lock most/all the bolts onto a single enemy (especially if you can target a weak point) it will delete their health bars.

Frost Hunter is good for stuff that can move behind cover or is weak to ice, but I prefer just to alpha strike things.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sagittate Avalanche can one-shot nearly any normal size enemy if you have good equipment. If you're on Warfarer the stat debuff is enough that some of the rock saurians might survive one fully charged shot. It's my go to ability for deleting the small fry that run around and annoy you while you try to fight big monsters.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Had plenty of town attacks but this was the first time they'd come and knocked me out of the tavern menu

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I haven't had any issues like that but sometimes when I'm leaving the menu or a dialogue screen, the game will drop to precisely 11fps for 15-20 seconds before returning to 50-60fps. It's very annoying.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Also I really wish I could have some kind of like, pawn dialogue priority system because I want to hear my pawn chatter so I can tell if she's infected with the dragon's plague; instead it's almost only ever straightforward pawn number three thousand responding to every single order every single time. I've stopped hiring them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When a pawn says “I know of an interesting place nearby, would you like me to show you?”, how do I say “yes”?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

When a pawn says “I know of an interesting place nearby, would you like me to show you?”, how do I say “yes”?

You give a Go! command, dpad up, but sometimes it might not work if you do it too late.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jack Trades posted:

You give a Go! command, dpad up, but sometimes it might not work if you do it too late.

Ah thank you!

Also: are the exclamation points supposed to disappear after I climb the ladder or open the secret passage or whatever?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Ah thank you!

Also: are the exclamation points supposed to disappear after I climb the ladder or open the secret passage or whatever?

They disappear for some things but it's not consistent. Ladder !'s seem to just stay for ever.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
If you have a doubt, save to title and reload. That will clear any exclamation mark that should be gone but failed to disappear (a monster loot drop, an oxcart you broke, a boulder you broke/released, a sign/book you read...). Ladders and uncollected seeker tokens will remain.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

right if someone can make a base character with the same height/weight we can figure how many beetles it takes to hit the cap:

no augs/rings:
height: 175cm
weight: 60kg
max encumbrance: 57.15kg (with max gold beetles)
e: wolveshuntin got what should be the rarest pawn badge defeating 5 sphinxes, which is weird as it was on 2/5 this morning then i checked a couple of hours later and it's complete?! 5 people had borrowed them in the meantime. i also got sent a cranberry which i'm keeping with the 3x raspberries i have as bizarrely weird berries that don't seem to spawn in my world

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 13, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have WolvesHuntIn right now—I’m like level 8 so he is really making nighttime travel a lot more pleasant. Hopefully I will remember to unburden him before I send him back, because he’s also carrying a lot of crap for me.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

that all goes straight to storage if you lose a pawn, nothing to worry about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

that all goes straight to storage if you lose a pawn, nothing to worry about

Ah, I thought it went back to you. I guess that’s only equipment?