Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

holy hell there are so many cheaters in crucru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

Yeah. Bungie can't or won't deal with them, anyone banned can get back in easily

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

haveblue posted:

This is just Bungie's latest attempt at making something that not every player is meant to engage with, and I'm sure at some point they'll be pressured into making it more accessible like they always do

They just released Onslaught and it has an easy floor. There's nothing behind the harder stuff apart from the Emblem so I hope they don't.

This seems designed to open the door to having more people engage in raids. I think the fireteam finder integration is nice too.

This is also really great to help groups gel and get some cohesion in the lead up to the TFS raid. I think it'll be really enjoyable for clans and friends who play together to go up against. I hope people are encouraged to try contest

I'm also happy this scales as high as it does and will be a challenge to beat. I'd love to see some new wrinkles added to the encounters or maybe some alternative challenges on the higher difficulties. I think the harder content is alot more engaging to play and this should offer alot of fun practice and ways to optimize your group. This is an awesome mode thats something i could see my self playing quite a bit.

The 10% weapon damage and little DR buff I think will do alot to help get people over the hump. There are no surges in Contest and Master has 25% outgoing so interesting how this will feel. Alot of these bosses have been figured out so it's execution depending on the changes.

Going to LMAO if they managed to fix Riven, I've done it legit literally one time and we one-phased on the way down.

idk how to embed
https://imgur.com/Y00wSVi

e: Cleared on Vostok. Solar Titan Synco, Solar Warlock Phoneix, Void Hunter Orpheus. I used an Adept Militias Birthright with blinding, sunshot and alternated between a bad Fixed Odds roll and Surrounded Briars for waves. I did not switch for the deposit run. Bosses switched to Witherhoard, Zhouli and 4TTC/BnS Cata. Got lucky on tormentor RNG early and the rest of it was overall pretty smooth.

We cycled supers back and forth pretty aggressively and tried to be aware of when we were on a time for something like mines or had more flexibility. Some of the big ogre guys you need to clear you can do the wave and than go do them on your own time. The -30 run from 40 through 50 had the yellow/orange bars feel noticeably chunkier but wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

CC feels really important, disorienting grenades are very very nice and kept me punching clear through the end, although those yellow bars are tough when they're on you and I had to pick and choose much more carefully.

Tormentor, the decoys are a god send but even if you don't have them, get someone to pull aggro and just kite him as best you can and keep him off the ADU. Have a bunch of precision damage around. LMGs are surging this week so thats a solid option (the arc exotic one is maybe sneaky good but i dont think he flinches). I love the surrounded briars for wave play.

My next best run was a 32 Midtown and Midtown feels much less forgiving with just the spacing around the ADU's and the way the destroyer wave spawns the orange bars literally on the ADU. Everything is also really up in your face on Midtown and it felt much easier to get overwhelmed and have no movement options. The midrange on Vos-whatever was a nice way to play choke points and let someone like sling hot fire with Polaris while i was popping sunspots in choke points. The funneling also made the tether really good.

I did a single normal run earlier in the week on the cosmodrome map and that range felt really different to me even at only -10. The wizards were beaming me but we left after Wave 20 because it only gives one chest. I'm probably not going to enjoy that one very much on Legend with the long sight lines. Smart money is probably on a more rangy build instead of blind everything and punch.

I think its much more efficient to bang out a 10 on Legend and reset (or push) for double the loot.

A legend completion does not give credit for normal so RIP me.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 12, 2024

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Collateral Damage posted:

Poor GoS really has been left in the dust and desperately needs a loot refresh. I have done all of 3 complete runs myself, one to get Divinity and two to help others get it. Meanwhile I have several dozen clears each of all the others.

It's a pity since it's a really pretty raid setting that deserves more attention.

in a lot of ways it's a fun raid but tether is a bad mechanic that destroys pick up groups

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm loving Onslaught, it's accessible enough to enjoy matchmade, but with enough difficulty that if your blueberries are really clueless you might not be able to carry them to the end. Legend adds difficulty in a very welcome way. I managed to get to 49 waves before dying in the dumbest, my own fault, ways, but I've done the full fifty several times on matchmade.

I think the big thing is because of how it's structured crowd control is actually good and useful. In most content the idea seems to always be "why crowd control if you can just make everything dead?" which is fine but in this crowd control becomes essential. Healing rifts and healing nades, buffing teammates, suddenly "support" style stuff because useful just because of the sheer numbers. And that rules.

I'm keen to see TFS like I wasn't before, both from Into the Light and everything they've shown off. Making things besides raw DPS matter has been so goddamn refreshing. Stasis and Strand really showing off how well they can shut down areas and entire lanes, and the Light subclasses showing off great addclear.

I really hope they keep tweaking and adding to Onslaught. I think the dream is a forever mode on Legend, just keep adding -5 power sure. Eventually we'll do literally no damage, and well, that's the end of the run lol

I still don't think Destiny 3 is gonna happen, and I'm okay with it if they keep throwing us groovy stuff like this. Just throw things out, balance them out sure, but just throw us more bones like this please.

It could be hell for Crucible but also

Kith posted:

Yeah Crucru got a lot of problems right now, and specific subclass balancing frankly ain't the biggest problem. I like Crucru, but I really don't know what the plan is, or if they even have one, going forward. There's just a lot of issues, not related to the mode itself. Shooting and nading other people is fun, but yeesh.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

dodgeblan posted:

in a lot of ways it's a fun raid but tether is a bad mechanic that destroys pick up groups
I've never really had a problem with the tether mechanic (in the few times I've run it), but also wouldn't mind if they could do something to make it less finicky.

One thing we figured out in the last run I did is that thanks to power creep you don't need to double tether for damage on the last boss. Using a single tether makes the fight way less complex abd less error prone, and we do so much damage nowadays that even without a coordinated damage strategy we comfortably two phased him using single tethers.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah Crucru got a lot of problems right now, and specific subclass balancing frankly ain't the biggest problem. I like Crucru, but I really don't know what the plan is, or if they even have one, going forward. There's just a lot of issues, not related to the mode itself. Shooting and nading other people is fun, but yeesh.
Remove all crucible modes except Scorched. It won't solve the cheating issues, but it would solve the balancing. :v:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Well I'll be dipped, game good again!

Though I think my favorite part was the storage area for all the tower decorations. Some poor schmo gotta haul out the Iron Banner again.

For support, is Helm of Saint 14 still worthwhile?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Looks like Pantheon should make the boss fights WAY easier than normal, and even the hardest mode will remain quite a bit easier than Contest or Master mode, even with the same 20 power delta.

There will be two Elemental Surge mods active with the full/typical 25% damage boost, which also means 25% damage boost to kinetics when matching subclass. All five elemental Surges are possible, but not sure if they rotate daily, weekly, or if they're fixed for each difficulty level.

Honestly the mode is just kind of going to be a pain in the rear end on the loadout side, especially if you have to lean in to Surges and now have to find a Void/Strand DPS Solution that is usable on 8 extremely different raid bosses

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Failson posted:

Well I'll be dipped, game good again!

Though I think my favorite part was the storage area for all the tower decorations. Some poor schmo gotta haul out the Iron Banner again.

For support, is Helm of Saint 14 still worthwhile?

It doesn't have a whole lot of uptime since it's only doing anything while your Bubble is deployed.

An easy direct swap for your void titan with an exotic helmet would be Precious Scars, which now has a TON of utility even if you're not involved in a rez

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Honestly the mode is just kind of going to be a pain in the rear end on the loadout side, especially if you have to lean in to Surges and now have to find a Void/Strand DPS Solution that is usable on 8 extremely different raid bosses

Oops, all retrofit escapades

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Tusk of the Boar strand wave frame grenade launcher is surprisingly good with the artifact mods this season. I have one that causes elemental explosions on final blows as well. This thing just annihilates mobs of enemies and churns out orbs by the bucketload.

Mine also has that perk that reloads on being wounded but it doesn't seem to trigger that often, not sure what the threshold for it is.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The holofoil weapons are fantastic and that needs to be a base part of the game from now on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mustang posted:

Tusk of the Boar strand wave frame grenade launcher is surprisingly good with the artifact mods this season. I have one that causes elemental explosions on final blows as well. This thing just annihilates mobs of enemies and churns out orbs by the bucketload.

Mine also has that perk that reloads on being wounded but it doesn't seem to trigger that often, not sure what the threshold for it is.

Refills Magazine from reserves upon dropping to 30% Shield Health. Can activate while stowed.

Grants 50 handling and a 0.95x Ready/Stow Animation Duration multiplier while at or below 30% Shield Health. Buff lingers for 1 second once the condition is no longer met.

https://www.light.gg/db/items/972757866/pulse-monitor/

https://www.light.gg/db/items/1218113510/tusk-of-the-boar/

This is a good website to see what perks do and what perks can roll on each gun

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

im really dumb because every time I MM for onslaught it always ends at 10 waves. Am I missing something? Can you not MM it beyond 10 waves?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Use the right side

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

sure okay posted:

im really dumb because every time I MM for onslaught it always ends at 10 waves. Am I missing something? Can you not MM it beyond 10 waves?

it's a bug. currently you're only allowed to do 10 waves at a time so long as you click on the playlist that says "only 10 waves" while ignoring the one that says it goes up to 50

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
In fairness while the ten wave one clearly states matchmade the 50 wave one does not, and I also assumed that meant they locked the full 50 to prepared fireteams.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The 10 round one is pretty good to work on your weapon quests, since you can just load up with whatever because it's only 10 rounds and a ton of enemies.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tormentor spawning on the ADU in late stages of Legend is brutal

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Legend 50 takes too long. Just let us start at the equivalent of Wave 30 and have it be 20 waves

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
regular 50 wave onslaught takes too long imo. 60 minutes of continuous pve waves was cramping my hands by the end. It was fun but too long to do more than once. Would rather just cycle 10 wave legend

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 13, 2024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just want to toss out there that the gaming community, from end user to c-suite, is absolutely chock full of Sparkling Bigotry™, and I do not think it is cute, funny, interesting, affordable, cool, or good. The perpetrators are a diagrammable flat-circle with the people who SWAT development teams. It has resulted in ruined series and really bad products.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Legend 50 takes too long. Just let us start at the equivalent of Wave 30 and have it be 20 waves

Once you get 50 is there ever a reason to do more than just the first 10 if you’re farming?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Just want to toss out there that the gaming community, from end user to c-suite, is absolutely chock full of Sparkling Bigotry™, and I do not think it is cute, funny, interesting, affordable, cool, or good. The perpetrators are a diagrammable flat-circle with the people who SWAT development teams. It has resulted in ruined series and really bad products.

Did something happen this week? I know a few weeks ago when Noah was part of the Onslaught preview stream he was getting friend requests from people with incredibly racist user names but that’s been it.

(Aside from that lawsuit Bungie is dealing with obviously. I hope they learn from it but I’m not expecting much)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

They probably should have saved extinguish for legend yeah

yes having done a few more of these I can confirm it is deeply, infuriatingly lovely that a matchmade activity has a wipe mechanic that just ends it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pubbies are funny in matchmade Onslaught though. They'll die twenty times, but the first time they die in Wave 31 and they have to sit in Timeout for 24 seconds, you can FEEL them deciding to never die again

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
ok how the gently caress do these shielded demolitionists work because its completely unclear how to un-shield them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fast cars loose anus posted:

ok how the gently caress do these shielded demolitionists work because its completely unclear how to un-shield them

Find the resonance well and step in it, that grants a short term buff that lets you break the shield

If you can find the nav point with all the poo poo flying around on your screen, and if they aren’t all standing in it already to murder you

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

fast cars loose anus posted:

The few matches I lost early on were from not being able to figure this out, it was fairly funny

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
oh ok I found the thing to stand in but thought it was a thing that just times their shield out, didnt recognize it was a buff that let me hit them thanks

The Finn posted:

The few matches I lost early on were from not being able to figure this out, it was fairly funny

yeah failed a thing on the 2nd wave because of this which is why I asked lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Waffle House posted:

What specifically happened to make you want to post this? I don't disagree, it's just seems like it's out of nowhere.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Man it took me forever to figure out that the motes that drop sometimes are a pickup to pass that bonus round as opposed to like, extra scrap. There’s so much noise onscreen I never even saw the description explaining it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pubbies are funny in matchmade Onslaught though. They'll die twenty times, but the first time they die in Wave 31 and they have to sit in Timeout for 24 seconds, you can FEEL them deciding to never die again

I do the same thing tho, kinda. I'll just throw caution to the wind and blow myself up a tonne, right up until Extinguish is active. Cause honestly why not lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

syntaxfunction posted:

I do the same thing tho, kinda. I'll just throw caution to the wind and blow myself up a tonne, right up until Extinguish is active. Cause honestly why not lol

My own group was the same way. It's all fun and games until the Destiny 1 "you lose get out" mechanic kicks in

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
So assuming I dont want to spend hours at a time in big runs can you still just grind the rep on this onslaught thing with the 10 wave version or is that slower somehow (besides having to requeue more often)?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
There is no rush on rep, you currently can't reset Onslaught Shaxx. The most loot is probably gotten from just doing 1-10 legend repeatedly.

If you want to matchmake I would 100% only do the 10 wave, imo 50 wave normal is not worth doing more than once for the seal.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My main complaint is that you can't part-upgrade things, and I usually don't have enough points to upgrade the turret. Whereas I'm pretty sure if I could drop my 2k scraps in, and another player could drop their scraps in, we'd get that little motherfucker up to full speed in no time.

3rd upgrade costs 6k, who has 6k scrap lying around?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Yeah pooling money would be nice.

Imo you want to save for the first three rounds, only buying the closest decoy to pull tormentors and turrets that can crossfire other adu locations.

It's also possible to infinitely dupe orbs for scrap. Saltagreppo was doing it yesterday while trying to solo legend, I think it involves switching weapons? Idk he didn't use up his class ability and just get throwing the same orb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mill Village posted:

Did something happen this week? I know a few weeks ago when Noah was part of the Onslaught preview stream he was getting friend requests from people with incredibly racist user names but that’s been it.

(Aside from that lawsuit Bungie is dealing with obviously. I hope they learn from it but I’m not expecting much)

Spanish Manlove posted:

What specifically happened to make you want to post this? I don't disagree, it's just seems like it's out of nowhere.

You stroll into groups and comments sections.

Sometimes there's good content.

Sometimes it's 11 terminal dudes mad about the scent of a human female in the room, or anywhere near whatever their virgin bacon is alight about. Their assholes are just absolutely ajar about it.