Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol this post is pure TRUMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
All YouTube tries to show me is synthesizers, machine shop videos, Conan, and Taylor Swift.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Change the Reply button to 'Please Reply Here!!!'

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Yeah I've never had the algorithm show me anything right wing but then again my YouTube is littered with leftist stuff like a big old sign to keep off my lawn.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

kazil posted:

"Trump Derangement Syndrom" is when you hear Trump talking and immediately think "That is a deranged person"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Please reply here!!! every time you LOL that Trump was President

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Seems to me that YouTube has trouble differentiating between left-wing and right-wing content.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If all the Troof Social botnet can manage is about 500 ReTroofs and 1800 likes, just LOL

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

kazil posted:

Amen

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Avirosb posted:

Seems to me that YouTube has trouble differentiating between left-wing and right-wing content.

It does sometimes show me right wing stuff after i watch "chuds are stupid and here's why" video essays because it thinks they're the same thing. Worst I get is conspiracy stuff because I watch a lot of videos about weird stuff and crypids and ufos, but again it can't tell the difference between the Michelin man aliens and qanon crap.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hmmm what makes Trump derangement syndrome lethal what could he be saying here

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
YouTube likes showing me react videos of black people listening to Rage Against The Machine for the first time and I’m here for it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Yeah, that’s me, the guy who wants hear Trump’s death rattle first hand, a loyal follower!

The point is, we don't really know what percentage follows him for the same reason as you do. I imagine pretty much everyone who bothers to have a truth social account would be interested in what that guy has to say one way or the other.

But yeah, people who hatefollow him are still boosting his ego.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 13, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Kevyn posted:

YouTube likes showing me react videos of black people listening to Rage Against The Machine for the first time and I’m here for it.

E: wrong song lol

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Kevyn posted:

I used to get a lot of those, then they branched into "black people listen to Weird Al" and then my algorithm got super chuddy for a hot second because one of those channels are full-on Trump-lovers.

Also when I was watching some videos that featured Yasmin Finney, I got a whole bunch of sponsored ads for some truly horrific anti-trans content disguised as LGBTQ-friendly. I switched to solely watching that guy who unblocks culverts for a while and now my algorithm is back to normal.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving disgusting

At the same time, he did this:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/2024/04/12/desantis-signs-law-forbidding-local-governments-from-setting-heat-exposure-rules-for-workers/

DeSantis OKs law forbidding local governments from setting heat-exposure rules for workers

Bill signed Thursday night also prevents cities and counties from imposing minimum wage for contractors

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Kevyn posted:

It shows me this gaming streamer named "CallMeKevin" and he's the most annoying person on the planet. And for some reason half of my recommended videos are always him. I think I watched one video of his once.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Watching black people watch 80s rock videos and Bill Burr is my weakness

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

kazil posted:

lol try harder piss baby

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

wheatpuppy posted:

I switched to solely watching that guy who unblocks culverts for a while and now my algorithm is back to normal.

My SO exclusively watches Post 10 videos lol. I always ask if its the "poking beavers with a big stick" videos.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

cant cook creole bream posted:

The point is, we don't really know what percentage follows him for the same reason as you do. I imagine pretty much everyone who bothers to have a truth social account would be interested in what that guy has to say one way or the other.

But yeah, people who hatefollow him are still boosting his ego.

Understood.

Truth Social is a comparatively small echo chamber, much smaller than I originally thought, for the Trmbo soapbox and when you factor in how much value his supporters seem to place in Lie Antisocial it’s pretty funny.

But I get your point, I mitigate any inflation to Trumps ego by shitposting his Truths and engaging with his misguided supporters, which amuses me.

There’s not a drat thing any of them can say to me that I haven’t already read here at some point or another so it’s water off a ducks back.

“Your mother” insults seem to be the best they got, and I mean, come on…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

kazil posted:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
bleach your youtube algorithm with City Beautiful and City Nerd
https://www.youtube.com/@CityBeautiful
https://www.youtube.com/@CityNerd

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

wheatpuppy posted:

Also when I was watching some videos that featured Yasmin Finney, I got a whole bunch of sponsored ads for some truly horrific anti-trans content disguised as LGBTQ-friendly. I switched to solely watching that guy who unblocks culverts for a while and now my algorithm is back to normal.

oh yeah google does not give a poo poo about the content of the ads they serve on youtube. getting really sick of the falun gong apologia that keeps popping up, given they think I don't have a right to exist in peace

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

fuckingtest posted:

I tried to fix it...YMMV

lol

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

thanks mr. sveltal

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

Yoooooo it's ya boy Trump! please reply and dont forget to hit like and subscribe, smash that bell for more content like this because it really helps the channel out.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Gosh, but that Judge Cannon, she's just swell. NO BIAS!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Watching black people watch 80s rock videos and Bill Burr is my weakness

Black people reacting to Blazing Saddles is peak YouTube.

For viewing history bleach, I can't recommend the search term "Fred Dibnah" enough. CW: dude demolished industrial smokestacks for a living, from the top, with a sledgehammer. So, vertigo warning.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

wheatpuppy posted:

I used to get a lot of those, then they branched into "black people listen to Weird Al" and then my algorithm got super chuddy for a hot second because one of those channels are full-on Trump-lovers.

The culvert wizard drained your swamp, bless him.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

For a while during the lead up to the 2020 election every thing I watched on YouTube was preceded by an un-skippable trump ad full of infuriating lies about Biden and other maga bullshit with no option to not show the ad again like many ads have. I’m hoping the son of a bitch doesn’t have the budget for that this time around.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

JesustheDarkLord posted:

thanks mr. sveltal

lol :perfect:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Cool country we got goin on

quote:

A study recently published in the Journal of the American College of Surgeons found that states that restricted abortion access from 2018 to 2020 had a 75 percent higher rate of peripartum homicide — people who were killed while pregnant or in their first year after giving birth — than states without restrictions.

quote:

In Missouri, Texas, and Arkansas, state laws bar or deter judges from finalizing divorces while a person is pregnant.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

It does sometimes show me right wing stuff after i watch "chuds are stupid and here's why" video essays because it thinks they're the same thing.

loving exactly how it started for me.

kazil posted:

Yeah he owned the beauty pageants and was never weird about it. Hold on, my editor is handing me a note.

A former beauty queen is confirming Donald Trump’s own words about walking into pageant dressing rooms unannounced

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Not first time he’s signed something bizarre

And signed a babies hand

Somebody in my stupid rear end hometown named their child Palin in 2008. No doubt there are already kids in tee-ball named after the orange goblin.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

twistedmentat posted:

It does sometimes show me right wing stuff after i watch "chuds are stupid and here's why" video essays because it thinks they're the same thing. Worst I get is conspiracy stuff because I watch a lot of videos about weird stuff and crypids and ufos, but again it can't tell the difference between the Michelin man aliens and qanon crap.

IIRC, Apple got called out like eight or ten years ago because people using Siri to find abortion providers kept getting results for those awful “pregnancy crisis centers” in which non-medical personnel would try to convince women to keep their pregnancies.

At the time, I was working at a women’s college, and some coworkers in my department had ordered hundreds of copies of a handout full of “resources “ for our students. I immediately noticed that the local Planned Parenthood’s information was not on it, but a half dozen “pregnancy crisis centers” was. I got pissed and went straight to the coworkers who had created it and they admitted they’d just lifted the info off of somewhere else without vetting it. But also they had just gotten a thousand copies printed, so…*shrug.*

Every time I saw any in a “resources for students” place, I grabbed them all and threw them in the trash.

Just another reason I quit that place (and academia pretty much entirely).

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

some good news tho

conservative "news" sites losing eyeballs

quote:

Some of the bigger names in the field have been pummeled the hardest: The Daily Caller lost 57 percent of its audience; Drudge Report, the granddaddy of conservative aggregation, was down 81 percent; and The Federalist, founded just over a decade ago, lost a staggering 91 percent.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/04/conservative-digital-media-traffic/678055/

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Ralph Hurley posted:

For a while during the lead up to the 2020 election every thing I watched on YouTube was preceded by an un-skippable trump ad full of infuriating lies about Biden and other maga bullshit with no option to not show the ad again like many ads have. I’m hoping the son of a bitch doesn’t have the budget for that this time around.

YouTube has ads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Beefed Owl posted:

YouTube has ads?

Not my youtube :smugdog: