Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Finally, someone does a "Biden old" joke right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

Bob Englehart

Click fill, click fill

What are layers, what is flatting, I'm a professional

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

Bob Englehart

seeing where her belt and her waist is, all I can think is "where is her rear end"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

hexwren posted:

seeing where her belt and her waist is, all I can think is "where is her rear end"

Tit men have it so much easier.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Finally, someone does a "Biden old" joke right.

Yeah. I chuckled.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

hexwren posted:

Yes, I can't see the pants as anything other then loosened and lowered, which puts the toon into some :gonk: territory.

EDIT - Also describes my face when I think about this fucker getting paid to put out something with such blatant Fill Tool laziness.

After The War fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 13, 2024

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

After The War posted:

Yes, I can't see the pants as anything other then loosened and lowered, which puts the toon into some :gonk: territory.

She is "brave enough" and doesn't appreciate being kink shamed. That's why she brought the sign.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Nemo, Nemo. The moon goes in front of the sun, Nemo

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

HIDE ME, QUICK!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

I dont know posted:

She is "brave enough" and doesn't appreciate being kink shamed. That's why she brought the sign.
Nah that ain't how women with a humiliation fetish go about it. Source: my kinky rear end
The burrito is a metaphor for climate change being causally linked to technological growth, as the office apparently just upgraded to a 1200W microwave.

quote:

Speaking of, this is exactly what the scientists who can be bribed by big oil do.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 13, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's hard to imagine how shameless Stantis must be in his real life day to day. :v:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A Cass Review Cartoon

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
The best thing I could say about Fishman would be about his dedication to demonstrating the unfitness of the press, but the whole effect is lost when he pointedly ignores the same problems turned up to max from right-wing media.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

SithDrummer posted:

The best thing I could say about Fishman would be about his dedication to demonstrating the unfitness of the press, but the whole effect is lost when he pointedly ignores the same problems turned up to max from right-wing media.
"Both sides do this (ignore that we do it worse)" is about the best they can do in terms of fair condemnation

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

God help me, I like this one.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

HIDE ME, QUICK!

one day they're just going to start one of these multiple-reaction-shots-to-nothing series and just keep on going forever. this would be much better than the actual comic strip normally so I can't object

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
"Believe it, suckers, and despair" is Stantis addressing everyone who is in disbelief that he actually gets payed for this.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So an interesting quirk of using AI to write stories, from comments of people who have tried- because it's just trying to predict the next word, it has a tendency when creating fiction to simply link random plot points that ignore whatever came before it, or entering a circular logic loop, where characters are constantly talking about almost being ready to maybe possibly go and do a thing, which will definitely happen. Repeat for a dozen pages.

So I can believe Stantis and co have handed over part of the creation process to AI, based on those two.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Paingod556 posted:

So an interesting quirk of using AI to write stories, from comments of people who have tried- because it's just trying to predict the next word, it has a tendency when creating fiction to simply link random plot points that ignore whatever came before it, or entering a circular logic loop, where characters are constantly talking about almost being ready to maybe possibly go and do a thing, which will definitely happen. Repeat for a dozen pages.

So I can believe Stantis and co have handed over part of the creation process to AI, based on those two.

the thing is they've been doing this poo poo for years, so how could you even tell at this point

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the only answer to "do you think Stantis is using the laziest and most anti-creative techniques on earth?" is "sure, but which one"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

At least it looks like Allie drew Carmen's face for those strips instead of c+p, and it looks like poo poo

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yeah, I think PC is one of those rare instances where the art would actually look better if it were AI.

Which really should be used as further condemnation of the idea of AI "art."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ah I know who it is, it must be their new art teacher, Dewey Dawner

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

NEMØ

Are you on a loving two-week delay or something here?

Hey, sometimes it takes a while to come up with the right AI prompt.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Clay Bennett

Nick Anderson

Lalo Alcaraz

Jen Sorensen

Ruben Bolling

Keith Knight

Pedro Molina

Tom Tomorrow

Clay Jones

Jeff Danziger

Mattie Lubchansky

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Keir Starmer’s march to victory – The Labour leader has endorsed Labour’s commitment to nuclear weapons, promising to commission four more nuclear submarines"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Rayner: I will step down if I committed a criminal offence

Independent:

After William de Leftwich Dodge.

The i paper:

Times:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
love to see "we will spend billions on submarines and they'll still have to fire American drainpipes that fall over as soon as they're airborne and will probably be dependent on the graces of President MTG to even fire by 2028" is going over well.

Build a proper independent deterrent or scrap the whole thing you nonces.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

JamesBont posted:

Hey, sometimes it takes a while to come up with the right AI prompt.

I feel like NEMØ is another one that might have better art if they were using an AI.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

AI can also write better jokes than most of these idiots.

In fact, I would love to see some AI treatments of current events.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Didn't someone do that with "a sarcastic duck who hates further education is watching a news program. the duck is a fascist" and got a pretty good :tinsley:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Didn't someone do that with "a sarcastic duck who hates further education is watching a news program. the duck is a fascist" and got a pretty good :tinsley:

Yeah, I did that last thread.

Prompt: "You are writing a comic strip containing a duck who hates everything that is good, including education and the environment. The duck works as a news reporter and tells only lies. Please write three panels of dialogue for this duck."

ChatGPT posted:

Panel 1:
[Duck, dressed in a news reporter's outfit, stands in front of a polluted river.]

Duck (grinning maliciously): "Welcome to the 'Not-So-Great Outdoors' segment! Today, we'll explore this hideous river, an excellent example of how Mother Nature gets it all wrong. Look at that murky water! It's like a swirling concoction of chaos and despair. Ah, the smell of pollution in the morning!"

Panel 2:
[Duck now stands amidst a group of frustrated students in a dilapidated classroom.]

Duck (sarcastically): "Time for our 'Education Shmeducation' report! Who needs boring books and all that learning nonsense, right? This crumbling classroom perfectly encapsulates the beauty of ignorance. Remember, kids, knowledge is overrated!"

Panel 3:
[Duck stands near a solar panel installation, rolling its eyes.]

Duck (mockingly): "Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves for the 'So-Called Renewable Energy' segment! Look at those solar panels gleaming in the sun. Ugh, it's like they think they're better than coal. Spoiler alert: they're not! Let's keep the planet warm, people!"

[End of comic strip]

I did try "the duck is a fascist", but once you add words like that the AI safeguards clamp down and it refuses to generate anything.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

idonotlikepeas posted:

I did try "the duck is a fascist", but once you add words like that the AI safeguards clamp down and it refuses to generate anything.
This is why I don't believe that the Branco/Lester/McCoy/Stiglich crew are using AI, they all have too many petty vengeances and words for their opponents that they'd give up with the computer machine before it would deal with them.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

"Let's keep the planet warm, people!" is a fitting punchline, ngl

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Those are better than 99% of Mallard Fillmore jokes

At last we get more Mallard Swillmore comics thanks to the magic of AI

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Political Cartoons 2024: A Swirling Concoction of Chaos and Despair

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

That conversation was still in my history (since I don't actually use ChatGPT for anything but shitposting). So I added the following: "The duck hates college and likes to make up fake definitions of words for evil purposes. Please write three more panels."

The result:

ChatGPT posted:

Panel 1:
[The duck, wearing a disgruntled expression, stands in front of a university building.]

Duck: "Greetings, folks! Today, I'm exposing the 'Evil Institute of Brainwashing'—also known as college. They say it's for education, but really, it's just a factory for conformists! Who needs critical thinking anyway?"

Panel 2:
[The duck is holding a dictionary, looking mischievous.]

Duck: "Time for my 'Word of Deception' segment! Today's word is 'flibbertigibbet.' It actually means a secret government spy disguised as a friendly neighbor. Trust no one, folks!"

Panel 3:
[The duck is standing in front of a group of listeners, grinning deviously.]

Duck: "Ah, my dear viewers! Did you know the word 'happiness' was invented by mind-controlling elites to distract us from their nefarious plans? Stay vigilant, and remember, ignorance is bliss... or is it?"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Microplastics posted:

Nemo, Nemo. The moon goes in front of the sun, Nemo

Oh, yeah? Next thing you'll tell him the earth orbits around the sun. NEMØ isn't falling for any of your so called science, round earther.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

HIDE ME, QUICK!

Special Nomination: Dewey Dawner 'Art' Award

Strange, seems like Stantis wins this one every year?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

DalaranJ posted:

Special Nomination: Dewey Dawner 'Art' Award

Strange, seems like Stantis wins this one every year?

No, it just takes a really long time to actually present the award after it's been announced.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I wonder what happens when AI gets to the point where it can objectively identify good and evil using the sum of philosophical ethics trivially easy, and nobody can get it to stop saying conservatism is the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All the funding gets mysteriously pulled and devoted to a new AI that definitely isn't a cardboard refrigerator box with Elon Musk inside it.