Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SirSamVimes posted:

Base game Yaesha has a dungeon full of stupid Indiana Jones traps and it has a secret passage to a room that has a secret passage to a room that has a secret passage to a hallway full of razor blades with the reward of a cool looking armour set.

I fuckin love Remnant 2.

I am so good at Lament now. Also if you can’t get the timing down, shielded heart trivializes it. You also forgot the secret passage to the “last crusade”-style jumping puzzle complete with invisible walkways.

Hardest part of my hardcore apocalypse run was rolling Legion as my first boss multiple times. It’s incredibly loving hard if you don’t have big AoE damage and underpowered guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i always thought most white wolf players had an innate knowledge of 1st level conjuration spells like grease.

not to mention miasma

copy
Jul 26, 2007

symbolic posted:

R. Kelly was a prophet

e: nvm i didn't actually know how hosed up R. Kelly was

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nuns with Guns posted:

Thinking about how one of the main creators of Mage: The Ascension, Phil Brucato, legally changed his name to "Satyros" and when he was brought back to White Wolf to create Mage: 20th Anniversary Edition, he noted in the book that he would not provide textual examples of spells because he didn't want to give anyone the ability to cast dangerous magics IRL.

Unknown Armies is a documentary

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Apparently you have to pay to become a druid. It's hosed up.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don't really play anymore but the new magic sets are like, cowboys and there was a fallout one and the next one is Literally Redwall and that's the only kind of Magick I want to interact with in any way

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

New Magic is all insane themed decks and gigantic stupid creatures, and I am deeply sad I'm not still 11, because this was the game of my fifth-grade dreams

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

symbolic posted:

R. Kelly was a prophet

*opens mouth*

symbolic posted:

*closes it*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dongicus posted:

favourite modern magic retards are the people on r/alchemy that are convinced that covering everything in their own piss is the way to create a philosophers stone

their piss probably would produce a stone

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

*opens mouth*

no dont he'd like that lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I don't really play anymore but the new magic sets are like, cowboys and there was a fallout one and the next one is Literally Redwall and that's the only kind of Magick I want to interact with in any way

i appreciate the alt art for a few of the Fallout ones at least

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also Thunder Junction is rendered based solely by Bristly Bill being broken if you happen to run a landfall deck like moi

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Magic makes too many sets now IMO but other than that it's usually fine. They go through some rough patches where they have to ban a bunch of stuff in Standard, but that's always been true. If I didn't have kids I'd probably be playing a million hours of Arena a day.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Magic the Gathering is basically impossible to keep up with nowadays. I just gently caress around with commander online with my friends once every couple months and don't recognize any card printed in the last 5 years.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

magic is an extremely bougie thing lmao. basically the entire modern concept of it was born from mid 19th century spiritualism, a movement popular among such salt of the earth types as mary todd and abraham lincoln.

Guy born in a cabin and woman who kept dying of turberculosis. Sounds pretty working class to me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you have to be bougie as hell to afford to play magic

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I just like all the pictures on the cards.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you have to be bougie as hell to afford to play magic

there are a lot of illegal free ways to play it, lol. Arena didn't used to be the kind of game where you had to be a whale to play but the economy has changed since I quit, so who knows.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i just played draft in arena until one day i got really mad and uninstalled the game forever

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you pay for real magic cards instead of 99.9% similar Chinese counterfeits that cost a fraction of the price, you're a sucker.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i liked to play marvel snap but it got too expensive and stupid

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i liked to play marvel snap but it got too expensive and stupid

is that like Pokemon snap but instead you throw apples at Wolverine?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

If you pay for real magic cards instead of 99.9% similar Chinese counterfeits that cost a fraction of the price, you're a sucker.

several weeks back i stumbled upon an Etsy vendor that sells proxies with AI generated anime girls as the art and honestly you have to respect the hustle

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Plant MONSTER. posted:

is that like Pokemon snap but instead you throw apples at Wolverine?

its a TCG about marvel super heroes each game is very short and you fight for control of locations with properties you can snap to increase the award for winning which can be used stragetically to bluff your opponent

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it has the worst method of getting new cards ever conceived by man

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

It should be like Monster Cards where you get to make your own cards and play them. It's a free game on Steam but I don't actually know the rules for the game at all.

You can also select an mp3 to play for each card when you play them lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it has the worst method of getting new cards ever conceived by man

Yeah this put me off of it despite thinking it was pretty fun lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Snow Cone Capone posted:

literally 1:1 th opposite

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

several weeks back i stumbled upon an Etsy vendor that sells proxies with AI generated anime girls as the art and honestly you have to respect the hustle

lmfao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

symbolic posted:

R. Kelly was a prophet

yeah that's a grim lol

Stux posted:

no dont he'd like that lol

this isn't tho

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it'd be funny except that people try to bring those to events for the side games that happen before drafting.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

it'd be funny except that people try to bring those to events for the side games that happen before drafting.

tjats still funny though lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fajita Queen posted:

Magic the Gathering is basically impossible to keep up with nowadays. I just gently caress around with commander online with my friends once every couple months and don't recognize any card printed in the last 5 years.

I mostly just check mythicspoiler.com to see the new stuff, like I don't care about building decks anymore but I like seeing what's new

ngl the cowboy set seems pretty fun but lol that's what like 12 different Jace cards now?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also I'm not 100% sure about this but I think someone said before that you can get cards in boosters now that are alternate-art (cool) but not tournament-legal (lmfao)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

brb

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

i find this image upsetting and there's nothing i can do to stop it :(

edit - I think its because even just the sight of a milk moustache used to make me vomit instantly

Plant MONSTER. has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Apr 14, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fungah! posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

i find this image upsetting and there's nothing i can do to stop it :(

this one's official

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i'm a lapsed magic player but someone opened a card shop that seems decent in my rural small town so i'm going to go check out the outlaws prerelease he's running next week. might put together a budget edh deck to hang if the people are as cool as they seem on discord, we'll see. seems like a good vibe.