Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Warfarer also gets the maister skill instantly, even though said skill is basically integral to the class's function.

Then again I'm not sure what else they could've done for a maister skill when every skill is tagged to a set weapon.

Actually something like instant reset from the first game could've been baller, let you combo moves like that instant casting glitch from Elden Ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Dipping back into DD:DA, I checked on my Bea Arthur pawn and found a cool 1,000,000 RC from one of the people who rented it. I guess someone was a big Golden Girls fan!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Had to take a little break but back into playing now and I arrived in the desert city with the entire party including myself mostly walking dead, but I had also finally maxed out Archer on top of Mystic Spearman, so I decided to switch vocation to Thief and change my maxed barbarian pawn (also maxed out Fighter) to archer to take advantage of the gear and skills before walking to the inn to have a sleep.

Every. single. step. I took people ran up to me to declare something needed IMMEDIATE attention and when I finally dragged myself to the inn another cutscene of a guy popped up to say,"Hey, you can't drink at this tavern... unless you can beat these three guys in a handicap brawl!"

I didn't even want to drink at the tavern!

Luckily I had already unlocked the Maister skill for Thief so despite having zero experience I was able to make myself untouchable and just go ham on them... at which point ANOTHER cutscene popped up of a guy showing up and going,"Hey! This is unfair, I'll step in to fight with you!" and then he... disappeared and was nowhere to be seen as I had to fight ANOTHER guy who was now fully healed. I beat him too, ANOTHER cutscene happened of the tavern dude going,"AHHH! The other guy who showed up and didn't do anything is too strong, let's leave alone this weakling who just beat up four dudes by herself without being touched once, she got lucky!" and then the dude showed up again and said,"Now now, no need to thank me, maybe you could have handled it yourself without me... maybe. Pray we don't meet as enemies one day!"

He didn't do anything! Anyway, then I went to bed.

I love this game :allears:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Had to take a little break but back into playing now and I arrived in the desert city with the entire party including myself mostly walking dead, but I had also finally maxed out Archer on top of Mystic Spearman, so I decided to switch vocation to Thief and change my maxed barbarian pawn (also maxed out Fighter) to archer to take advantage of the gear and skills before walking to the inn to have a sleep.

Every. single. step. I took people ran up to me to declare something needed IMMEDIATE attention and when I finally dragged myself to the inn another cutscene of a guy popped up to say,"Hey, you can't drink at this tavern... unless you can beat these three guys in a handicap brawl!"

I didn't even want to drink at the tavern!

Luckily I had already unlocked the Maister skill for Thief so despite having zero experience I was able to make myself untouchable and just go ham on them... at which point ANOTHER cutscene popped up of a guy showing up and going,"Hey! This is unfair, I'll step in to fight with you!" and then he... disappeared and was nowhere to be seen as I had to fight ANOTHER guy who was now fully healed. I beat him too, ANOTHER cutscene happened of the tavern dude going,"AHHH! The other guy who showed up and didn't do anything is too strong, let's leave alone this weakling who just beat up four dudes by herself without being touched once, she got lucky!" and then the dude showed up again and said,"Now now, no need to thank me, maybe you could have handled it yourself without me... maybe. Pray we don't meet as enemies one day!"

He didn't do anything! Anyway, then I went to bed.

I love this game :allears:

I did something like this but instead of being an invincible Thief I was a helpless Trickster with no offensive abilities at all.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

only trust your fists

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

aegof posted:

I did something like this but instead of being an invincible Thief I was a helpless Trickster with no offensive abilities at all.

Seems like the true trick was on you :smith:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

As a sorcerer I was completely helpless against the three fighters, but once it changed to a single warrior who took several seconds to wind up for each blow I could easily annihilate him.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

There, uh, isn't a hard cap of 6 placed portcrystals is there?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

There, uh, isn't a hard cap of 6 placed portcrystals is there?

Isn't it 10?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I thought so. I got 6 on my first run, and on ng+ I just picked up the one from the sphinx. Maybe they just added a really enormous zone around her lair where you aren't allowed to place port crystals, but I ran off a fairly long way and still wasn't able to place it.

e: wait what the gently caress, she gave me a counterfeit portcrystal lmao

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 14, 2024

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You can't place them in places you can't use a ferrystone from. Is there anything directly above where you're trying to place a crystal?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nope I was using it in valid places. She did ii fact put a Partcrystal in the chest instead of a Portcrystal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Schubalts posted:

You can't place them in places you can't use a ferrystone from. Is there anything directly above where you're trying to place a crystal?

I didn't know there were some places you couldn't use a ferrystone from, so it cracked me up recently when I tried to use one to go from Sacred Arbor to the Border Checkpoint Rest Town and it went through the whole animation but instead of porting, you and the party just crane your heads up and down as you watch the stone just fall to the ground and sit there :lol:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

big lol that you start the postgame by brining the dragon

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

I thought so. I got 6 on my first run, and on ng+ I just picked up the one from the sphinx. Maybe they just added a really enormous zone around her lair where you aren't allowed to place port crystals, but I ran off a fairly long way and still wasn't able to place it.

Yeah portcrystals don't respawn in NG+, the only way to get more is sphinx duping (or finding ones you missed the first go around). That's why you got the fake as a reward - presumably you already got that one and it would be weird if that chest just had nothing in it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Thundarr posted:

The game is really picky about your animation state when you place a crystal, so make sure you're standing still. If you're mid run or anything the game won't let you do it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

this postgame poo poo is cool as heck and possibly even better than DD1's, glad there's finally something here that feels finished after basically every other plot thread in the game was apparently moved to an armory of forever unfired chekov's guns

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

aegof posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088?lang=en

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The beloved scenes would be even better if they also gave you a brief dialogue choice to react to it

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I had a really great time with my character who looks like old Revolver Ocelot being genuinely shocked about the dragon having a total stranger I didn't recognise as his beloved. "I don't care about this person, I just want to fight you" needed to be an option.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

aegof posted:

They got me with this too. I was heading over to the inn to grab some equipment from storage after having just swapped to it for the first time...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So Thief is just straight up the cheating class, right? I'm untouchable with the Maister skill, I'm tearing through everything I fight, and we took out a Drake in record time and it didn't land a single hit on me :stwoon:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

So Thief is just straight up the cheating class, right? I'm untouchable with the Maister skill, I'm tearing through everything I fight, and we took out a Drake in record time and it didn't land a single hit on me :stwoon:
they had to nerf strider somehow...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

The worst vocation for me was the one I leveled AFTER I finished Thief because holy poo poo that class was ridiculous. Mystic Spearhand is up there too in terms of survivability if you just chain the bubble shield. The combat flow is both is also pretty good / fun and probably the main negative against classes like Magick Archer: they're just pretty basic and boring to play as a nuke cannon.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Finally found my (barely existent spoiler for a riddle) Finder's Token after two hours of searching. Turns out I have not completely destroyed my memory through various means! I knew it was on some ruins near the road, just wouldn't have expected it to be halfway between Vernworth and Checkpoint...

Fantastic game, glad I gave in and listened to all of the people who would rant and rave about the original.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

Definitely the class the devs cared the most about. Most classes aside from the wizards aren't really hurt by the 4 skill limit because they don't have that many skills worth using. Thief has a ton, it's actually a hard choice!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Plunder, Implicate, Helm Splitter and Concussive Leap for exploration. Bam, done.
Skip Formless Feint because it's cheat mode

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I love thief because I just ignore the maister skill. I get an extra skill slot and just use dodge as God intended

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Rolled the real credits. Good fun overall, but the postgame palette does wear out its welcome fast. Good thing it doesn't last that long.

Final stats were a funny reminder of my early attempts at drakes, what with wakestone use on self... (well, that and the occasional cliff-diving shortcut)

Hope we get some kind of BBI down the line. There's plenty of room to fill up the bestiary.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Haha, nice. I ended up with 23 wakestones used, most of which i used for fast travel (from the tops to the bottoms of cliffs)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Plunder, Implicate, Helm Splitter and Concussive Leap for exploration. Bam, done.
Skip Formless Feint because it's cheat mode

you already get cheat mode by being able to backflip out of knockdowns and an actual quickstep. its just very funny how much they gave thief in terms of kit tbqh

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I think I gave you two?

I just received two from an Arisen called Mira. If that was you, thanks :tipshat:

e: still haven't reached the cap, but I have to be getting close now.

Stats for Wiggly: 170 cm height, 59 kg weight, and currently a Max Encumbrance of 56.70 kg without any rings or augments

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 14, 2024

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Haha, nice. I ended up with 23 wakestones used, most of which i used for fast travel (from the tops to the bottoms of cliffs)

If you tackle a pawn by the edge of a cliff the animation of you falling to the ground on top of your pawn negates fall damage.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I just received two from an Arisen called Mira. If that was you, thanks :tipshat:

Stats for Wiggly: 170 cm height, 59 kg weight, and currently a Max Encumbrance of 56.70 kg without any rings or augments
i forgot to account for lvl tbf, there are some levels where you just gain max encumbrance...

got 14 pawn badges, and what i'm missing is funny:
- grim ogres 11/20, because they didn't like spawning, might go camp some caves
- gorechimera 2/20, mainly because i don't want to do the waterfall cave
- lesser dragons 4/20, thanks randos for giving me more kills i believe this is pretty hard locked
- warg 2/30, this'll take a .. while

goreminotaurs were easier for me than regular minotaurs which i just cleared up 5m ago

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Phlegmish posted:

That's me, if I remember I'll summon again and toss more your way. I still have surplus.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i forgot to account for lvl tbf, there are some levels where you just gain max encumbrance...

got 14 pawn badges, and what i'm missing is funny:
- grim ogres 11/20, because they didn't like spawning, might go camp some caves
- gorechimera 2/20, mainly because i don't want to do the waterfall cave
- lesser dragons 4/20, thanks randos for giving me more kills i believe this is pretty hard locked
- warg 2/30, this'll take a .. while

goreminotaurs were easier for me than regular minotaurs which i just cleared up 5m ago

How'd you get the sphinx badge? I want all the badges but that one seems the worst.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

lol I got to the credits without finding any special vocations other than trickster. Guess that’ll give me something to look forward to in ng+

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nuebot posted:

How'd you get the sphinx badge? I want all the badges but that one seems the worst.
i got very very lucky with other people doing it for me

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

e: wolveshuntin got what should be the rarest pawn badge defeating 5 sphinxes, which is weird as it was on 2/5 this morning then i checked a couple of hours later and it's complete?! 5 people had borrowed them in the meantime. i also got sent a cranberry which i'm keeping with the 3x raspberries i have as bizarrely weird berries that don't seem to spawn in my world

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

So I just reached level 50 and I'm running around Battahl and Volcanic Island doing sidequests, and I realized I've been seeing a lot of pawns using Volcanic Island gear since like level 25-30. Are people just rushing the main quest and running to lategame areas to buy gear? Maybe that's why my pawn feels like it doesn't get hired a lot, I've been trying to keep up with gear but didn't try to rush endgame stuff (I mean I insist on him wearing that stupid House Frey leather coif from the first town, but I upgrade everything else I swear).

Also without spoilers, at which level do people usually finish the game/postgame/whatever it is? I feel like at 50 I'm not even close, I just did the find the assassin going after the Empresss quest.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This is the sort of game that can play out wildly differently depending on the preferences of the player. I've seen people rushing the main story and getting to the end in the 30s. I explored a ton and got to the end at like level 70 something.

Not rushing does put you at a disadvantage for getting your pawn hired, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you tackle a pawn by the edge of a cliff the animation of you falling to the ground on top of your pawn negates fall damage.

Holy poo poo! Thanks for the new express elevator technique!

E: i got to postgame around level 70 and beat it at about 83

It helped that i seemed to be fighting dullahans every 10 minutes

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 14, 2024